Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1011121314151617181920212223242526272829Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-16 Name: Samantha

"Worst customer service. Bar none."
Our story is pretty much the same as everyone else's. Our practically new unit already needs a new condenser coil to the tune of $500 for the part (which is covered under warranty) however, the freon and the labor charges were not covered under warranty, and that cost us just as much. A 15 minute phone call to Goodman proved to be the worst customer service experience I've ever had. Logic, good manners, and courtesy do not matter to these people. They are the antithesis of caring and helpful. I have several business degrees and I realize that they may think they don't have to be customer friendly, but in the end, their profits would most likely be enhanced if they provided even a minute amount of customer service. It was truly one of the most awkward, infuriating phone calls I've ever made in my life. Buyer Beware! We will never buy Goodman again.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: David Ell

"3 cycles to start whats with this"
Furnace always needs 3 cycles to start while pushing cold air into the house. Does not always start and worst part when it starts does not run until it reaches thermostat temperature. It restarts many times before temperature is reached, each time pushing more cold air into the house. Sometimes does not start but fan continues to blow at full speed without heat. This recycling at night makes for a lot of lost sleep.

Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: T. Galloway

"Goodman 16 SEER Duel Fuel"
We had 2 16 seer Duel Fuel systems installed in our home 3 years ago, a 2.5 and 3 Ton. I was hesitant at first until I was told that most minimum seer units give problems. Most reviews are on Goodman because most folks simply do not purchase 10 or 13 seer Trane units. This was true. I went with Goodman. Great install team made all the difference. The units are very quiet and have given no problems at all. Lower utility costs and great dependability. Go Goodman!!!

Date created: 2010-05-16 Name: Furnace/AC man 10+ yrs

"Furnace just as good as it gets"
I work on less Goodman than any other make. When building my home, I put in a Goodman.

Date created: 2010-05-16 Name: Rob D.

"A+"
A+. Very pleased. My home stays cool in the summer, and toasty in the winter. Great warranty, excellent price, outstanding value. Thanks Goodman!

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: jack ziegler

"Jack Boise Id."
I have owned homes for over 35 years and most had old furnaces but I have never had as many problems combined as I have had with this piece of crap. It has had to have service men out her over 20 times. when they talked me into buying new, they promised me smaller heat bills [which never happened],told me I would have piece of mind [also a lie] and now I can't afford to change it or even afford to get it fixed as it has been out 3 days now. My old furnace was 10 times better than this one and was still working, I wish I had it back and I would still be warm.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: Mike

"Run as fast as you can."
Run as fast as you can. The company does not stand behind their equipment. They blame issues on their parts suppliers and they have a d+ rating with the bbb, I wonder why? We had a compressor fail in a 2 year old unit, in which the HVAC company told me has been extremely common in these Goodman units. I am out of pock over $750 in labor as a result of their defective equipment and the company does not care. The HVAC guy indicated Goodman knows they have a problem but are hiding. They need to step up to the plate and issue a recall or a class action lawsuit might be on the way.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: [email protected]

"G is for Garbage Goodman"
Have had both furnace and A/C. Have had nothing but problems. At the beginning of each season, we have had to call them to be serviced. Warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. These are garbage. The 20 year unit we replaced worked better. Tell everyone.

Date created: 2010-04-30 Name: Penny Godbee
Location: Colorado

"Owner-landlord"
We started having problems the first year of ownership! I am a landlord who purchased 5 of these furnaces that's no good! All tents call because furnaces will not come on at least three times per year in the middle of night! In Colorado, it is very cold! We need reliable heat 24-7. Do not waste your money on these furnaces. They are junk!

Date created: 2010-04-25 Name: J. Bouchard

"Goodman"
I have been a heating and air conditioning contractor for 9 years now and I have installed easily over 200 Goodman systems. I use this equipment all the time and have had very little issues. All these people complaining about these systems don't realize it was the installation. Most people go for the cheapest price and you get what you pay for, a poor installation. Before you have someone install a system get references and call at least three jobs they did. I don't know how many poor installations I've had to fix and the customer ends losing in the end. So please do your homework and remember there are reasons they're the cheapest price.

<< Previous1011121314151617181920212223242526272829Next >>