Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>

Date created: 2010-10-19 Name: John
Location: Portland, OR

"GMNT060-3 - Would buy again"
I installed this furnace and A/C in 2002. I have replaced the igniter twice but have had no serious issues. As always, if you can't be bothered to do some work, and use your head, then pay someone to do it for you. I saved, conservatively, $6-7k doing this myself as measured by 3 brand name reputable area company quotes. If this thing dies tomorrow, I'm still money ahead and would replace with another goodman.

Date created: 2010-10-18 Name: H. Simpson
Location: Houston, TX

"GMP100-5 17 years and running strong"
I used to work in the HVAC business 20 years ago and I strongly recommend Goodman furnaces. I own the GMP100 model coupled with a Lennox 5 ton A/C condensing unit. Here is a list of issues that I've seen: 1) Safety door switch went bad after 5 years, the furnace blower would turn on and off intermittently. 2) The control board went bad after 15 years. I bought a new board for $78. 3) Replaced the flame sensor because the insulator was cracked. 4) This week I replaced the noisy draft inducer fan assembly and cracked plastic chimney.

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: B. Infante
Location: Colorado Springs, Co

"Not Again!"
I had a Goodman furnace installed in 2008. Since then the circuit board went out and had to be replaced within the warranty period. Now the gas valve needs to be replaced. I've had a service tech come to the house every six months. Never had a problem with any furnace installed in my homes prior to this. I would never recommend a Goodman unit to anyone I like or am even slightly fond of.

Date created: 2010-10-09 Name: Steven Conner
Location: Portland, Oregon

"Contractor"
I have installed Goodman for 12 years now. During this time, I was also a Rheem dealer for 6 years. I can tell you that the failure rate of Goodman and Rheem are identical,typically 1-2 percent. Everybody makes a decent furnace. There are no "Bad" furnace manufacturers, only bad installations. That is not to say that every once in a great while a lemon is produced. However, that is extremely rare. While you look at all of the ratings, consider this. The failures are always due to a component failing inside the furnace. None of the furnace manufacturers make their own components. They all pretty much use the same components. Therefore, it seems crazy to blame a Goodman furnace because the Honeywell gas valve failed or the GE fan motor quit, when everybody else uses components that are manufactured by these companies, also.

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: DC
Location: Connecticut

"Goodman - like them, check on noise ratings"
Had two Goodmans installed 5 years ago in a multi family. Basic models with no frills. Knock on wood, no issues. Only complaint I have (not tenants) is they do appear to be on the loud side. Perhaps if I went with a better grade goodman unit with a multi stage blower would would reduce some noise.

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: Chuck Jackson

"No Problems Yet ! ( NOISY)"
Had two Goodman's installed in rental units I own about 2 years ago. Have not had any problems to date. They are in a utility closet off hall way and are very noisy, the burner sounds like a blow torch and blower is something else !

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: H. Paulsen
Location: Elmhurst, IL

"Great so far"
I did my homework. I read the reviews and did all the comps. If you compare all the major brands on this and other sites the best any company gets is an overall 3/5. Find a good installer. Goodman offers a ten year warranty. You can't beat the product. Esp when you consider the price. My Goodman was 30% the price compared to a comparable Trane, Carrier, and Rheem.

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: p
Location: new york

"Garbage"
Going into my 4th heating season, no heat today! the unit started giving us trouble days after it was installed.The only one who can count on a Goodman furnace is a repair technician.

Date created: 2010-09-26 Name: F 1/202 ADA

"Returning home"
I bought my house in 2004 when I got home from Iraq and had a new Goodman furnace installed, it gave me 5 good years of service untill I left for two weeks and the mother board went out. In turn it froze all my pipes and caused some damage but I called Goodman and had a new mother board shipped to me and worked great till I had to go to Afghanistan. When I got home after a year I flipped the switch and it ran like it had been on the whole time. It comes down to maintenance, Goodman makes a reliable product if people don't want to show their units a little tlc in the off season too it doesn't matter what brand you buy. Ill never buy anything else

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: JN TORONTO CANADA