Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: DC
Location: Connecticut

"Goodman - like them, check on noise ratings"
Had two Goodmans installed 5 years ago in a multi family. Basic models with no frills. Knock on wood, no issues. Only complaint I have (not tenants) is they do appear to be on the loud side. Perhaps if I went with a better grade goodman unit with a multi stage blower would would reduce some noise.

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: Chuck Jackson

"No Problems Yet ! ( NOISY)"
Had two Goodman's installed in rental units I own about 2 years ago. Have not had any problems to date. They are in a utility closet off hall way and are very noisy, the burner sounds like a blow torch and blower is something else !

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: H. Paulsen
Location: Elmhurst, IL

"Great so far"
I did my homework. I read the reviews and did all the comps. If you compare all the major brands on this and other sites the best any company gets is an overall 3/5. Find a good installer. Goodman offers a ten year warranty. You can't beat the product. Esp when you consider the price. My Goodman was 30% the price compared to a comparable Trane, Carrier, and Rheem.

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: p
Location: new york

"Garbage"
Going into my 4th heating season, no heat today! the unit started giving us trouble days after it was installed.The only one who can count on a Goodman furnace is a repair technician.

Date created: 2010-09-26 Name: F 1/202 ADA

"Returning home"
I bought my house in 2004 when I got home from Iraq and had a new Goodman furnace installed, it gave me 5 good years of service untill I left for two weeks and the mother board went out. In turn it froze all my pipes and caused some damage but I called Goodman and had a new mother board shipped to me and worked great till I had to go to Afghanistan. When I got home after a year I flipped the switch and it ran like it had been on the whole time. It comes down to maintenance, Goodman makes a reliable product if people don't want to show their units a little tlc in the off season too it doesn't matter what brand you buy. Ill never buy anything else

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: JN TORONTO CANADA

"NEVER AGAIN"
JUNK JUNK JUNK

Date created: 2010-08-26 Name: K thomas
Location: Wildwood, IL.

"Goodman secrets"
O.K time for some truth here I work on and install these units and am interested by the comments here. I can tell you just by listening to the complaints what is wrong here. 1) constantly replacing ignitors= High voltage from electric co. used to be 110v now much higher(ever wonder why light bulbs don't last as long as supposed to. 2) bad blower problems = wrong sized duct work, dirty filters, and plugged up a-coils. (often I ask was your filter dirty "no, it has a brand new one" I look in garbage and guess what I find?, they changed it after they burnt it up! 3) let me guess you use those allergy filters, oops! they stop too much airflow when clean, wait a month and see what happens! 4)Bad circuit board= too hot because installer didn't use double wall pipe to keep it cool on downflow and/or you used those allergy filters and/or didn't replace filter every 30 days! 5) unit blows cold air for no reason= unit is protecting itself from low airflow caused by, yup, dirty filters 6) Our installer couldn't find the problem= he's an idiot, they are self diagnosing for God's sake! 7) what warranty issues I give them the part with info. and they replace it, you are being scammed by your installer, any other company can honor the warranty. 8) heat exchanger went out= see above and/or your installer put in too big a furnace. I did heat loads for a 1500 sq. ft. home that came out around 40,000 btu/hr not 100,000 btu/hr like I see all the time. Just try and tell a home owner that when you change their furnace you want to make it smaller so it works right, then I am the scammer! God luck lady you're gonna need it and lose my number please!

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: JP Aaron

"Wonderful & Reliable"
My mother's old heat pump was an old electric hog plus the a coil had a slow leak so we decided to replace it all. We went with Goodman. We especially love the variable speed blower which starts out running slow and then switches to high. No more cold or hot drafts of air! We did have one problem, the capacitor went out but the serviceman came right out and fixed it with no charge. We bought this unit because I had a friend change their old unit out for a Goodman and has had no problems at all!

Date created: 2010-07-21 Name: A/C Man

"GOODman"
I am also an Air Contractor and install Goodman. I have installed just about every brand out there and also service all brands. In my short 6 years in business, I can honestly say that Goodman is a quality product with a very good warranty. I have installed over 100 Goodman units and the only warranty I've had was a bad heating sequencer. Your install has to be done right! You can buy a $15k system with all the bells and whistles but if installed poorly you will have trouble with it. I'm sorry all of you are having heating and air problems but I would seriously look at the install. Most people go with the cheapest bid and and get a lousy install. I stand behind Goodman 100%.

Date created: 2010-07-15 Name: C. Christian
Location: Richmond, VA

"GMH95 Multi Position 95%AFUE"
My home was built in 1967. The original ductwork was still in place. In reading these reviews, I noticed that the majority of them are negative. What people have to realize is that, in order to receive satisfaction from your product, you have to have a quality installer that knows the product. My unit was installed in September of 2009. I live in Richmond, VA. and we just experienced the coldest, snowiest, winter in 10yrs. Needless to say, my furnace kept my downstairs completely comfortable the entire winter. I paired it with a 3ton Amana condensing unit and my downstairs has stayed cool thus far this summer. My electric and gas bills have been very reasonable. My installer suggested I do a dual system and currently I'm working on the upstairs installing a 2.5ton Amana Heat Pump. Insulation and the correct sized ductwork is very important. Please, please make sure your home is properly insulated and measured for proper tonage and ductwork. I would recommend Amana products to anyone in the market. You can't lose with the warranty and the noise levels are so quiet, sometimes I have to really listen to see if my unit is on when I pull into my driveway.

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>