Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: Phil Roberts
Location: 7425 Secret Bluff Drive,Madison,Wi

"Failures"
My furnace is 6.5 yrs old. We can't leave the house for more than a few hours in cold weather for fear that it might fail. The igniter has failed 5 times. The flame sensor needs constant attention.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: Raylene Graves
Location: Moberly,Mo.

"Review on Goodman furnace"
I have had my furnace for four years and I have had nothing but trouble. It has already went off three times this year of course on the coldest days. It went off the last two years on Thanksgiving. And when you call the company they are rude.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: Tony Timpano
Location: Vaughan,Ontario

"HVAC"
I am a installer and service technician that works and lives in Toronto,Canada.I have been in this business for 25 plus years.I can tell you that I serviced and installed all brands of furnaces each had their problems.I can also tell you how many times the reason for repair or service is that the installer did a crappy install.Does not set up the furnace as per manufactures spec...etc.These new furnaces are not plug and play.The installer should know how to set up your furnace according to your home and duct work etc.. I would say 95% dont because most are subcontractors that want to get in and get out fast as long as the customer feels the heat and or cooling he assumes he has done his job. Does not matter if its a large company or small make sure you know the persons qualifications that is going to do your job dont be afraid to ask.You can save yourself a lot of headaches. Please dont go with the cheapest company this usually means disaster.The old saying pay now or pay later still applies. So before you bash any furnace make sure you check out your installer because really this is one of the most important factors.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: A Mike
Location: Boise, ID

"Buy something else - Anything else"
Barely 2 years old, the furnace will not come on unless you remove front panel and jiggle and tap on the control board. Sometimes it requires cutting power to the furnace before the jiggle trick works. Started doing it when weather turned cold this fall - especially during day when programmable thermostat sets heat low while nobody is home. Will never come back on without intervention (jiggle). Model is gdh80904bxac. Tech says its a boat anchor and should just start over (2 furnaces and 2 A/C's). This is the only furnace I have ever owned in my (long) life that has failed and nobody seems to want to mess with it.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: Brad
Location: Glen Ellyn,IL

"Works great after fixing my mistake"
Several years ago I replaced my furnace with a GDS-8. 2nd year I had problems similar to some of the posts here- intermittent outage that would seem to resolve itself after powering off-0n. Thought it was the igniter. Drove me nuts. It finally failed to turn on at all. Heating guy came out and said "circuit board fried"- because I didn't run the double wall vent pipe all the way into the furnace resulting in too much heat build-up on the board. Long story short Goodman replaced the board free and I have never had a problem since. Love the product and the $ I saved. Word to the wise- check you vent pipe and make sure its double walled. Seems like this is the only manufacturer left that will sell to the public. Sears used to sell Kenmore furnaces with installation instructions.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Ashley Tanner
Location: Omaha, NE

"95% eff. natural gas"
I have had this furnace in my house for 4 years and no problems at all. Saved so much that I recommended this model to my folks and wifes parents. I change filters and have it cleaned and checked twice a year and it has never failed us or our parents.

Date created: 2010-11-23 Name: dominick
Location: liverpool, ny

"Goodman furnaces are awesome"
I love my furnace. It has a 10 year labor warranty. Most of all the heat exchanger is tubular and is much better than two piece's of metal sandwiched together and crimped for a connection. All the major advertised brands use the cheap crimped one. They figure people buy solely based on name recognition. I would recommend Goodman to anyone.

Date created: 2010-11-20 Name: Gosia
Location: Cincinnati

"Horrible - I will never buy house with Goodman furnace!"
I bought my house in 2006 (brand new!). I started having problems with the Goodman furnace in 2008 - I had to call service few times but they are having problems to diagnose the problem...This furnace is a piece of poor quality JUNK! DO NOT BUY IT!

Date created: 2010-11-18 Name: Bob
Location: Canada

"GMV 95"
Hey everyone if your going to buy a Goodman get the GMV 95 model excellent product lots of happy customers here in Canada. Make sure you have a licensed heating and refrigeration mechanic install it. Most of my friend have had this model installed and are having no problems.

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: BillJones
Location: Atlanta,GA

"Old unit OK"
I have 2 1997 vintage gas furnace GMP 075-3 split AC systems in my home and 2 more in a rental property. Total repairs : My home - system A) 1 control board w/warranty , System B) 1 ignitor, 1 gas valve Rental property - System A) 1 flame sensor, System B) 1 flam sensor However, my HVAC tech has stoped installing Goodman for budget systems because of too many failures and uses Nordyne (Westinghouse/Nordyne and York). He install Trane for upper end systems.

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>