Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: A Mike
Location: Boise, ID

"Buy something else - Anything else"
Barely 2 years old, the furnace will not come on unless you remove front panel and jiggle and tap on the control board. Sometimes it requires cutting power to the furnace before the jiggle trick works. Started doing it when weather turned cold this fall - especially during day when programmable thermostat sets heat low while nobody is home. Will never come back on without intervention (jiggle). Model is gdh80904bxac. Tech says its a boat anchor and should just start over (2 furnaces and 2 A/C's). This is the only furnace I have ever owned in my (long) life that has failed and nobody seems to want to mess with it.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: Brad
Location: Glen Ellyn,IL

"Works great after fixing my mistake"
Several years ago I replaced my furnace with a GDS-8. 2nd year I had problems similar to some of the posts here- intermittent outage that would seem to resolve itself after powering off-0n. Thought it was the igniter. Drove me nuts. It finally failed to turn on at all. Heating guy came out and said "circuit board fried"- because I didn't run the double wall vent pipe all the way into the furnace resulting in too much heat build-up on the board. Long story short Goodman replaced the board free and I have never had a problem since. Love the product and the $ I saved. Word to the wise- check you vent pipe and make sure its double walled. Seems like this is the only manufacturer left that will sell to the public. Sears used to sell Kenmore furnaces with installation instructions.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Ashley Tanner
Location: Omaha, NE

"95% eff. natural gas"
I have had this furnace in my house for 4 years and no problems at all. Saved so much that I recommended this model to my folks and wifes parents. I change filters and have it cleaned and checked twice a year and it has never failed us or our parents.

Date created: 2010-11-23 Name: dominick
Location: liverpool, ny

"Goodman furnaces are awesome"
I love my furnace. It has a 10 year labor warranty. Most of all the heat exchanger is tubular and is much better than two piece's of metal sandwiched together and crimped for a connection. All the major advertised brands use the cheap crimped one. They figure people buy solely based on name recognition. I would recommend Goodman to anyone.

Date created: 2010-11-20 Name: Gosia
Location: Cincinnati

"Horrible - I will never buy house with Goodman furnace!"
I bought my house in 2006 (brand new!). I started having problems with the Goodman furnace in 2008 - I had to call service few times but they are having problems to diagnose the problem...This furnace is a piece of poor quality JUNK! DO NOT BUY IT!

Date created: 2010-11-18 Name: Bob
Location: Canada

"GMV 95"
Hey everyone if your going to buy a Goodman get the GMV 95 model excellent product lots of happy customers here in Canada. Make sure you have a licensed heating and refrigeration mechanic install it. Most of my friend have had this model installed and are having no problems.

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: BillJones
Location: Atlanta,GA

"Old unit OK"
I have 2 1997 vintage gas furnace GMP 075-3 split AC systems in my home and 2 more in a rental property. Total repairs : My home - system A) 1 control board w/warranty , System B) 1 ignitor, 1 gas valve Rental property - System A) 1 flame sensor, System B) 1 flam sensor However, my HVAC tech has stoped installing Goodman for budget systems because of too many failures and uses Nordyne (Westinghouse/Nordyne and York). He install Trane for upper end systems.

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: Mary Lohman
Location: Clarkston, Wa

"Mslohman"
Truly a piece of junk. If I could afford it I would tear it out and replace it with another brand. It goes down on a regular basis. House froze up one time with broken water pipes. I am now out over $2000 in different repairs, and my home owners insurance deductible has gone up along with the premiums. I have tried to deal with Goodman to get some relief from the expenses and they won't even pay for the service calls. They furnish the parts. Big deal. the parts are the cheapest part of all my expenses.

Date created: 2010-11-06 Name: NICK F.
Location: chicago IL.

"2yr GOODMAN FURNACE"
First month after the installation,they changed two parts and the circuit board,now three weeks ago the down flow two stage furnace failed to start,then will go on and shut off. After I got involve into this issue the wholeseller,the dealer and the manufacture,they replace the board again and put a double pipe to keep it cool,so far its working fine,luckly they give me 5yr.good care warranty for labor and parts when first installed because all the inconvenient...

Date created: 2010-10-31 Name: M. Leazenby

"Wish I still had my 25 yr old Bryant!"
We have an "all in one" furnace/AC unit that sits outside our house. It is 3 yrs old and we've already had the main circuit board replaced. Now it is "hanging" in the beginning of it's cycle, right after the thermostat turns it on. It hums and buzzes with a periodic lurching noise for over a minute. Then it just quits. It has done this numerous times just this morning, and this has been going on for some time now. Because it is a sporadic glitch, every time I get a service tech to come out, the glitch never happens, he can't hear what I'm talking about and all he does is use his meters to take "readings", which tell him absolutely nothing about what the problem is. That's why I recorded the noise this time so I can have him listen to it when I call again on Monday. I absolutely regret buying this thing. I am not confident it will even last through the 10 yr warranty period at this rate! Our 25 year old Bryant unit was no more loud than this one and it heated and cooled our home perfectly well, although granted it's efficiency was not too good. The only thing wrong was that one of the burner tubes had rusted and was irreplaceable because it was so old. We discovered this when we called to have it serviced before winter a few years back. I wish we had shopped around, but the tech said it was dangerous and could have caused an explosion, so we went with the units his company sold. Moral of the story:do your homework and research furnace reviews BEFORE you have to replace yours. Then you won't be making an uninformed decision in panic/crisis mode like we did!

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>