Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>

Date created: 2011-01-10 Name: Bob Clawson
Location: Ohio

"Very Happy and Warm"
I had a Goodman 95% Two Stage Gas Furnace install by K.C.S. Mechanical A great job by them. i like this furnace a had a trane it had many break downs.

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: william krueger
Location: Libertyville, Il

"Owner"
Have had excellent service from my Goodman GMV furnace for 4 years. Just routine annual clean and check. This furnace came with the longest warranty and more advanced features such as the ECM motor and two stage heating at aprice that was very competitive.

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: PAUL
Location: GA

"GOODMAN EQUITMENT"
WE HAVE HAD GOODMAN PRODUCTS IN OUR HOUSE HOLD FOR 26 YEARS WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH THE SERVICE THANKS

Date created: 2011-01-01 Name: Aurora, co
Location: colorado

"LOUD , Fan noise"
Bought a 2 stage 95% Goodman model because I was told it could run on low and was supposed to be quieter than existing furnace. (Rep heard quiet existing furnace before making claim.) . Furnace has been in now for 4 days. Goodman makes 4 times the noise my 35 year old Carrier furnace made and noise comes from both intake and outlets. I have to turn up TV or talk louder to hear when furnace comes on. Unacceptably loud fan noise. Just the start up exhaust fan is louder than the old unit on high.

Date created: 2010-12-23 Name: Amy Wheeler
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Online registration/warranty a SCAM"
I was urged by the person who installed the furnace to fill out Goodman's online registration so I could get the extended warranty. When I did, Goodman's website created an error where I couldn't print the verification. My printer works just fine. When I tried to bring back the page, I was denied. When I called, I was unable to connect to a person. Is this a scam?

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: pal
Location: ontario

"Nothing but trouble"
I have a gmpn model from goodman,lots of issues with this model , i don't recommend this product to anyone, fan replaced,valve replaced , two boards replaced and now the heat exchanger has a crack,wasted time and money on this product.the furnace is only 10 years old, dont buy goodman buy good produts like lennox or carrier

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: J ohn

"Jiggling"
Jiggling electrical connections is not the issue - the condensate pump or tube may be clogged - that will drown the air flown and shut down the system. Also try spraying some electrical connection cleaner on connector ends and replug.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: R. Schima
Location: Glendale, IL

"Rich Illinois"
We have had a goodman for three & half years and the system sucks. I would never buy another of there produces. Some troubles are; board replaced once, ign. replaced once and now I have to play with the wires to get it to work or leave the out cover off the unit. Never again!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-13 Name: dan

"Professional"
I own a plumbing and heating company and install goodman now. I have installed luxaire, rheem, armstrong, trane and gibson in the past. Goodman by far surpasses those brands in my experiences. I have over 200 installed this year and have had only 1 bad ignitor. I think a lot of the problems with any furnace is installation. Don't be afraid to buy goodman just research the installer as much as the furnace.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Derek Parker
Location: Trout Lake WA-

"Buyer beware"
I bought a goodman heatpump 5 ton unit and a matching variable speed furnace to go with the unit and had it installed with hard pipe under the house pushing 18 vents all together. The installer was a cousin of one of my friend who did everything in my opinion as best he could and spared no costs. I was involved not so much in the install but researching what type of system i needed for my 3000 sq foot house. I wanted to make sure i didnt have the type of issues your explaining. It has performed admirably and runs like a champ day in and day out. I think its important that the unit you get is sized right for your house and MOST importantly INSTALLED correctly with a VARIABLE speed furnace. The only issue i had was the default position for defrost was set th 30 minutes which i thought was ridiculous so i did my own research online and figured out how to change the jumper switch to 60 minutes instead of so it wouldnt defrost unecessarily. This is also based on the temperature and condition in your area. But all in all its has ran good and i havent had any problems with it. If you were get freon leaks that thats a install issue which could damage your unit and you have to make sure you have the proper size dect and air mover to use your heatpumps maximum efficiency. So dont be so quick to blame the product next time. Almost all heatpumps are made by the same manufacture but just have a different tage put on them like goodman,lennox,trane,york, etc.... i think it has much more to do with the quality of your installation and understanding of how the products work...you wouldnt hire a blindman to put on a good set of brakes now would you ??

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>