Consumer Reviews of Goodman furnaces

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: P. Locke
Location: Canton, OH

"Terrible HVAC Products"
I have a two year old Goodman Furnace that ran well in year one. The beginning of winter this year, the unit sounded like a freight train. We had to replace the blower wheel due to fan blades that are inserted as opposed to installed in the wheel. Noise subsided for a week, then the new blades loosened again. Now we must replace the motor. Goodman designed the motor mounts into the blower motor and only supplied three...one broke and the motor fell into the blower. We only keep our home at 65 and apparently overworked the unit. Other experience with Goodman was on air conditioners. One year after home was built, we started having trouble with the units and had to have them both replaced twice in two years. Goodman builds equipment just well enough to work for a couple of years, then the replacement parts are special only to their units. Inexpensive on the install and costly long term.

Date created: 2011-01-24 Name: CF Hill
Location: Lillington, NC

"Prblems, Problems, Problems!!!!!!!!"
Moved into a brand new house in 07, 09 the home would not keep cool, had to have the motor replaced, still under warranty but there was an out of pocket cost, NOW that the South has had the coldest winters imaginable, it was not heating properly. I checked the thermostat and it was using aux heat. I turned it off and called the company that installed it, they came out insalled a part in the condenser, that was Monday the same week Friday it went out again!

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: Sherry Webb
Location: Cleveland, OH

"Does what it wants when it wants"
I've had a Goodman high efficiency furnace for about 4 years with the same mysterious problem where the unit does not heat the house to the last couple of degrees the thermostat is set at. This lasts a few days before deciding to work again. Neither the installer or a tech from another heating company can find the cause. HATE IT. I never know from week to week if I will need to wear gloves in the house. Will never buy another Goodman.

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: Linda B
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"DO NOT BUY A GOODMAN FURNACE!"
I am a landlord/home owner. I had 3/4 furnaces replaced with Goodman furnaces at the recommendation of the installer. Obviously...he has a larger mark-up on Goodman products. NOTHING but trouble with all 3 Goodman furnaces. On average, a minimum of 2 service calls per year on each of them, where-as, the Lennox...1 service call in 7 years. The Goodman furnaces have been nothing but headaches. The vent flow is low and when they start up...they sound like a freight train going thru the house. GARBAGE!! So, unless you want to burn up hard earned cash...I strongly recommend that you do not consider a Goodman product.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: a. rohner
Location: new jersey

"Mr."
Drip pan cracked and water from a-coil leaked inside of furnace.mwhen replacing same most heat tubes were cracked on a 10-12 year period. Needless to say would never recommend !!two other clients which had their furnace & air replace at same time also replaced with different brand.

Date created: 2011-01-12 Name: Jeff
Location: Canada

"Bad brand"
I've had a Goodman 92% efficiency furnace for about 7 years. I'm averaging just over a problem a year. These include having the fresh air fan replaced twice, the gas valve replaced, and a mysterious problem where the unit wouldn't heat the house up the last couple of degrees the thermostat was set at for a few days before it decided to work again. I certainly won't be buying Goodman again.

Date created: 2011-01-10 Name: Bob Clawson
Location: Ohio

"Very Happy and Warm"
I had a Goodman 95% Two Stage Gas Furnace install by K.C.S. Mechanical A great job by them. i like this furnace a had a trane it had many break downs.

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: william krueger
Location: Libertyville, Il

"Owner"
Have had excellent service from my Goodman GMV furnace for 4 years. Just routine annual clean and check. This furnace came with the longest warranty and more advanced features such as the ECM motor and two stage heating at aprice that was very competitive.

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: PAUL
Location: GA

"GOODMAN EQUITMENT"
WE HAVE HAD GOODMAN PRODUCTS IN OUR HOUSE HOLD FOR 26 YEARS WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH THE SERVICE THANKS

Date created: 2011-01-01 Name: Aurora, co
Location: colorado

"LOUD , Fan noise"
Bought a 2 stage 95% Goodman model because I was told it could run on low and was supposed to be quieter than existing furnace. (Rep heard quiet existing furnace before making claim.) . Furnace has been in now for 4 days. Goodman makes 4 times the noise my 35 year old Carrier furnace made and noise comes from both intake and outlets. I have to turn up TV or talk louder to hear when furnace comes on. Unacceptably loud fan noise. Just the start up exhaust fan is louder than the old unit on high.

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>