Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: Mary Lohman
Location: Clarkston, Wa

"Mslohman"
Truly a piece of junk. If I could afford it I would tear it out and replace it with another brand. It goes down on a regular basis. House froze up one time with broken water pipes. I am now out over $2000 in different repairs, and my home owners insurance deductible has gone up along with the premiums. I have tried to deal with Goodman to get some relief from the expenses and they won't even pay for the service calls. They furnish the parts. Big deal. the parts are the cheapest part of all my expenses.

Date created: 2010-11-06 Name: NICK F.
Location: chicago IL.

"2yr GOODMAN FURNACE"
First month after the installation,they changed two parts and the circuit board,now three weeks ago the down flow two stage furnace failed to start,then will go on and shut off. After I got involve into this issue the wholeseller,the dealer and the manufacture,they replace the board again and put a double pipe to keep it cool,so far its working fine,luckly they give me 5yr.good care warranty for labor and parts when first installed because all the inconvenient...

Date created: 2010-10-31 Name: M. Leazenby

"Wish I still had my 25 yr old Bryant!"
We have an "all in one" furnace/AC unit that sits outside our house. It is 3 yrs old and we've already had the main circuit board replaced. Now it is "hanging" in the beginning of it's cycle, right after the thermostat turns it on. It hums and buzzes with a periodic lurching noise for over a minute. Then it just quits. It has done this numerous times just this morning, and this has been going on for some time now. Because it is a sporadic glitch, every time I get a service tech to come out, the glitch never happens, he can't hear what I'm talking about and all he does is use his meters to take "readings", which tell him absolutely nothing about what the problem is. That's why I recorded the noise this time so I can have him listen to it when I call again on Monday. I absolutely regret buying this thing. I am not confident it will even last through the 10 yr warranty period at this rate! Our 25 year old Bryant unit was no more loud than this one and it heated and cooled our home perfectly well, although granted it's efficiency was not too good. The only thing wrong was that one of the burner tubes had rusted and was irreplaceable because it was so old. We discovered this when we called to have it serviced before winter a few years back. I wish we had shopped around, but the tech said it was dangerous and could have caused an explosion, so we went with the units his company sold. Moral of the story:do your homework and research furnace reviews BEFORE you have to replace yours. Then you won't be making an uninformed decision in panic/crisis mode like we did!

Date created: 2010-10-19 Name: John
Location: Portland, OR

"GMNT060-3 - Would buy again"
I installed this furnace and A/C in 2002. I have replaced the igniter twice but have had no serious issues. As always, if you can't be bothered to do some work, and use your head, then pay someone to do it for you. I saved, conservatively, $6-7k doing this myself as measured by 3 brand name reputable area company quotes. If this thing dies tomorrow, I'm still money ahead and would replace with another goodman.

Date created: 2010-10-18 Name: H. Simpson
Location: Houston, TX

"GMP100-5 17 years and running strong"
I used to work in the HVAC business 20 years ago and I strongly recommend Goodman furnaces. I own the GMP100 model coupled with a Lennox 5 ton A/C condensing unit. Here is a list of issues that I've seen: 1) Safety door switch went bad after 5 years, the furnace blower would turn on and off intermittently. 2) The control board went bad after 15 years. I bought a new board for $78. 3) Replaced the flame sensor because the insulator was cracked. 4) This week I replaced the noisy draft inducer fan assembly and cracked plastic chimney.

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: B. Infante
Location: Colorado Springs, Co

"Not Again!"
I had a Goodman furnace installed in 2008. Since then the circuit board went out and had to be replaced within the warranty period. Now the gas valve needs to be replaced. I've had a service tech come to the house every six months. Never had a problem with any furnace installed in my homes prior to this. I would never recommend a Goodman unit to anyone I like or am even slightly fond of.

Date created: 2010-10-09 Name: Steven Conner
Location: Portland, Oregon

"Contractor"
I have installed Goodman for 12 years now. During this time, I was also a Rheem dealer for 6 years. I can tell you that the failure rate of Goodman and Rheem are identical,typically 1-2 percent. Everybody makes a decent furnace. There are no "Bad" furnace manufacturers, only bad installations. That is not to say that every once in a great while a lemon is produced. However, that is extremely rare. While you look at all of the ratings, consider this. The failures are always due to a component failing inside the furnace. None of the furnace manufacturers make their own components. They all pretty much use the same components. Therefore, it seems crazy to blame a Goodman furnace because the Honeywell gas valve failed or the GE fan motor quit, when everybody else uses components that are manufactured by these companies, also.

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: DC
Location: Connecticut

"Goodman - like them, check on noise ratings"
Had two Goodmans installed 5 years ago in a multi family. Basic models with no frills. Knock on wood, no issues. Only complaint I have (not tenants) is they do appear to be on the loud side. Perhaps if I went with a better grade goodman unit with a multi stage blower would would reduce some noise.

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: Chuck Jackson

"No Problems Yet ! ( NOISY)"
Had two Goodman's installed in rental units I own about 2 years ago. Have not had any problems to date. They are in a utility closet off hall way and are very noisy, the burner sounds like a blow torch and blower is something else !

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: H. Paulsen
Location: Elmhurst, IL

"Great so far"
I did my homework. I read the reviews and did all the comps. If you compare all the major brands on this and other sites the best any company gets is an overall 3/5. Find a good installer. Goodman offers a ten year warranty. You can't beat the product. Esp when you consider the price. My Goodman was 30% the price compared to a comparable Trane, Carrier, and Rheem.

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>