Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: pal
Location: ontario

"Nothing but trouble"
I have a gmpn model from goodman,lots of issues with this model , i don't recommend this product to anyone, fan replaced,valve replaced , two boards replaced and now the heat exchanger has a crack,wasted time and money on this product.the furnace is only 10 years old, dont buy goodman buy good produts like lennox or carrier

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: J ohn

"Jiggling"
Jiggling electrical connections is not the issue - the condensate pump or tube may be clogged - that will drown the air flown and shut down the system. Also try spraying some electrical connection cleaner on connector ends and replug.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: R. Schima
Location: Glendale, IL

"Rich Illinois"
We have had a goodman for three & half years and the system sucks. I would never buy another of there produces. Some troubles are; board replaced once, ign. replaced once and now I have to play with the wires to get it to work or leave the out cover off the unit. Never again!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-13 Name: dan

"Professional"
I own a plumbing and heating company and install goodman now. I have installed luxaire, rheem, armstrong, trane and gibson in the past. Goodman by far surpasses those brands in my experiences. I have over 200 installed this year and have had only 1 bad ignitor. I think a lot of the problems with any furnace is installation. Don't be afraid to buy goodman just research the installer as much as the furnace.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Derek Parker
Location: Trout Lake WA-

"Buyer beware"
I bought a goodman heatpump 5 ton unit and a matching variable speed furnace to go with the unit and had it installed with hard pipe under the house pushing 18 vents all together. The installer was a cousin of one of my friend who did everything in my opinion as best he could and spared no costs. I was involved not so much in the install but researching what type of system i needed for my 3000 sq foot house. I wanted to make sure i didnt have the type of issues your explaining. It has performed admirably and runs like a champ day in and day out. I think its important that the unit you get is sized right for your house and MOST importantly INSTALLED correctly with a VARIABLE speed furnace. The only issue i had was the default position for defrost was set th 30 minutes which i thought was ridiculous so i did my own research online and figured out how to change the jumper switch to 60 minutes instead of so it wouldnt defrost unecessarily. This is also based on the temperature and condition in your area. But all in all its has ran good and i havent had any problems with it. If you were get freon leaks that thats a install issue which could damage your unit and you have to make sure you have the proper size dect and air mover to use your heatpumps maximum efficiency. So dont be so quick to blame the product next time. Almost all heatpumps are made by the same manufacture but just have a different tage put on them like goodman,lennox,trane,york, etc.... i think it has much more to do with the quality of your installation and understanding of how the products work...you wouldnt hire a blindman to put on a good set of brakes now would you ??

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: Phil Roberts
Location: 7425 Secret Bluff Drive,Madison,Wi

"Failures"
My furnace is 6.5 yrs old. We can't leave the house for more than a few hours in cold weather for fear that it might fail. The igniter has failed 5 times. The flame sensor needs constant attention.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: Raylene Graves
Location: Moberly,Mo.

"Review on Goodman furnace"
I have had my furnace for four years and I have had nothing but trouble. It has already went off three times this year of course on the coldest days. It went off the last two years on Thanksgiving. And when you call the company they are rude.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: Tony Timpano
Location: Vaughan,Ontario

"HVAC"
I am a installer and service technician that works and lives in Toronto,Canada.I have been in this business for 25 plus years.I can tell you that I serviced and installed all brands of furnaces each had their problems.I can also tell you how many times the reason for repair or service is that the installer did a crappy install.Does not set up the furnace as per manufactures spec...etc.These new furnaces are not plug and play.The installer should know how to set up your furnace according to your home and duct work etc.. I would say 95% dont because most are subcontractors that want to get in and get out fast as long as the customer feels the heat and or cooling he assumes he has done his job. Does not matter if its a large company or small make sure you know the persons qualifications that is going to do your job dont be afraid to ask.You can save yourself a lot of headaches. Please dont go with the cheapest company this usually means disaster.The old saying pay now or pay later still applies. So before you bash any furnace make sure you check out your installer because really this is one of the most important factors.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: A Mike
Location: Boise, ID

"Buy something else - Anything else"
Barely 2 years old, the furnace will not come on unless you remove front panel and jiggle and tap on the control board. Sometimes it requires cutting power to the furnace before the jiggle trick works. Started doing it when weather turned cold this fall - especially during day when programmable thermostat sets heat low while nobody is home. Will never come back on without intervention (jiggle). Model is gdh80904bxac. Tech says its a boat anchor and should just start over (2 furnaces and 2 A/C's). This is the only furnace I have ever owned in my (long) life that has failed and nobody seems to want to mess with it.

Date created: 2010-12-01 Name: Brad
Location: Glen Ellyn,IL

"Works great after fixing my mistake"
Several years ago I replaced my furnace with a GDS-8. 2nd year I had problems similar to some of the posts here- intermittent outage that would seem to resolve itself after powering off-0n. Thought it was the igniter. Drove me nuts. It finally failed to turn on at all. Heating guy came out and said "circuit board fried"- because I didn't run the double wall vent pipe all the way into the furnace resulting in too much heat build-up on the board. Long story short Goodman replaced the board free and I have never had a problem since. Love the product and the $ I saved. Word to the wise- check you vent pipe and make sure its double walled. Seems like this is the only manufacturer left that will sell to the public. Sears used to sell Kenmore furnaces with installation instructions.

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>