Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Jody Petersen
Location: Iowa

"Stay away from these guys"
Im so sick of this furnace/ac not working. I live in Iowa and has gone out in the middle of winter (-20 wind chill) and have kids in the house. Do u think they would help me...NO! I have had this unit since 2008 and have had 1 problem after another with it. It has gone out about 18 times and they will not help us with the repairs. Getting ahold of the BBB this week my electric company is standing behind me on this!

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: N Henderson
Location: Ontario Canada

"HVAC technician"
Over the years I have installed and serviced many makes of furnaces. I see and service furnaces every day so I'am aware of what units fail the most and which units are reliable. I find that by far the Goodman GMVC 2 stage 95% with ecm motor is the most reliable furnace on the market I very rarly get a call on a Goodman unit and when I do it is usually because of a bad install

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: Bruce B
Location: madison WI

"Goodman furnace review"
I put 60 furnaces and A/c unitsin units i own 5 years ago and have had only one minor {typical)repair needed. I am very satisfied. Most of the problems I am reading about here are typical of all brands such as the exhaust fan needing replacement. For the people whos furnace does not reach the final set temperature, the furnace may not be sized correctly (contractor saves $30.00 for a smaller unit) or the 'tthermostat itself may not be working properly. Furnaces don't think, they just run as they are told by the thermostat

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: john obrego
Location: st. paul MN

"Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I dont understand how all you people dont like goodman i have not had any trouble at all and my service tec that sold me the furnace also got me the 10 YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY!!! how can you not beat that..... i love my goodman furnace and wouldnt go with any other product

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: Tammy
Location: ontario canada

"Wonderful furnace"
I installed my GMVC goodman high eff furnace 2 years ago and it is a wonderful furnace. Love it. My bills dropped by 50%. This furnace is quite and the house is even tempature. Would recommend this furnace to anyone.

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: I.E. McCusker
Location: Marydel, DE

"Very Pleased with product."
I have a 95plus dual fuel. I love it. No sound problem like others have claimed. Gas bill is way down, house is nice and warm in winter, cool in summer. What gives?????? Are you people looking for a handout, sympathy???? Oh I get it, your from the "ME" generation. Do your research on the product, but more importantly the installer. If you think its a bad product, go some were else and pay three times the price. Otherwise, shut the heck up. I like my heating system. Its quiet, its efficient, and it comes with the leading warranty in the field. (I did my research). I wanted a Train, (good systems) but found out that the Goodman was actualy better. People you get what you pay for. And I would highly recomend doing your research on your installer, AGAIN, I REALLY LOVE MY GOODMAN SYSTEM.

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: GML
Location: PA

"Good furnace good price"
I just had a Goodman high efficiency furnace installed in my house to replace the old one after 19 years. My heating contractor did a great job and it runs great. You can't beat it for price and quality. Just make sure that the air intake and flue pipe are installed with 3 inch PVC pipe and not just 2 inch -- installation is the key to the life of these furnaces.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: P. Locke
Location: Canton, OH

"Terrible HVAC Products"
I have a two year old Goodman Furnace that ran well in year one. The beginning of winter this year, the unit sounded like a freight train. We had to replace the blower wheel due to fan blades that are inserted as opposed to installed in the wheel. Noise subsided for a week, then the new blades loosened again. Now we must replace the motor. Goodman designed the motor mounts into the blower motor and only supplied three...one broke and the motor fell into the blower. We only keep our home at 65 and apparently overworked the unit. Other experience with Goodman was on air conditioners. One year after home was built, we started having trouble with the units and had to have them both replaced twice in two years. Goodman builds equipment just well enough to work for a couple of years, then the replacement parts are special only to their units. Inexpensive on the install and costly long term.

Date created: 2011-01-24 Name: CF Hill
Location: Lillington, NC

"Prblems, Problems, Problems!!!!!!!!"
Moved into a brand new house in 07, 09 the home would not keep cool, had to have the motor replaced, still under warranty but there was an out of pocket cost, NOW that the South has had the coldest winters imaginable, it was not heating properly. I checked the thermostat and it was using aux heat. I turned it off and called the company that installed it, they came out insalled a part in the condenser, that was Monday the same week Friday it went out again!

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: Sherry Webb
Location: Cleveland, OH

"Does what it wants when it wants"
I've had a Goodman high efficiency furnace for about 4 years with the same mysterious problem where the unit does not heat the house to the last couple of degrees the thermostat is set at. This lasts a few days before deciding to work again. Neither the installer or a tech from another heating company can find the cause. HATE IT. I never know from week to week if I will need to wear gloves in the house. Will never buy another Goodman.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>