Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2011-03-16 Name: Peter Chamas
Location: Millstone, NJ

"Terrible product"
I installed 3 Goodman furnaces in my home in 1999. The heat exchange on two of them failed just after the 10 year mark. The individual from the gas company who came out to check on our systems said that Goodman furnaces are known for having problems with their heat exchanges. For anyone who does not know, the heat exchange is the guts of the furnace and by far the most expensive part to replace. It was not worth fixing them, so I had to purchase two new furnaces. Go with a different Mfg.

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: D. Steele
Location: Chicago, IL

"Poor Quality"
Two years ago, I learned that it was necessary to replace the heating/cooling unit for my condo. As a single woman on a limited budget, I chose a Goodman unit because of its reputation of high quality and affordability. Unfortunately, the unit has been unreliable and not performed well. In the past four months, I have had to replace the following: X Gas valve X Circuit board X Pressure switch X Blower motor While the parts have been under warranty, the incurring labor and repair costs have not. I have spent $1,235.50 repairing the unit. I find it unacceptable that a unit with a 10-year product life has had so many malfunctions in its first two years. For a company that prides itself on quality, I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality this product has demonstrated. These unexpected out of pocket expenses have caused me great distress. For a unit that is only two years old, I believed that repair costs would be minimal.

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: Joseph Vincent
Location: Wellsburg, WV

"Positive Positive Positive."
Got the 95% Goodman about 4 years ago . No negative feedback here. Its been saving us money hand over fist. No prblems with ignitor or anything. Puts Trane to shame. Oh yes we installed it ourselves. We do have a trane central Air hooked up to it. It works . If I have to replace it in the future I will purchasae a Goodman. I hope it keeps working though. But if I must do thats what I will do.

Date created: 2011-03-05 Name: C. Collins
Location: Meadville, Missouri

"Chronic issues with Goodman furnace"
I appreciate the comments by the HVAC technicians and others who report that any issues were simply "installer" issues; however, I have 9 years of "bad" experience with my 95% efficiency unit. Because the 30+ year old unit that came with our house finally wore out the second year in our home, we did some research and were also told that Goodman were "the best bang for the buck". Unfortunately, the "bucks" keep flying! One year after purchase, the board went out--our installer and Goodman replaced and acknowledged it was a MANUFACTURER (not installer) defect. At that time and ever since, the electronic ignition element has gone out annually! When the installer came out the first time, Goodman was cooperative with replacement, as the unit was still under mfg warranty; however, the next year, Goodman gave our installer (also a dealer for them) the run-around and we had to pay full-price (even though it was still under warranty). Shortly afterward, our installer dropped his dealer agreement with Goodman and retired. The second time our new HVAC technician (also a Goodman dealer) came for the exact same repair, he informed us that it is "typical" that this part burn out approximately every 12-14 months (i.e., calendar months, not "use" months). Therefore, we have not gotten a complete winter out of our Goodman unit since it was purchased in 2002!

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: L.P.
Location: Muncie, IN

"Frustrated"
I'll be the first to admit, I don't know much about the "in's & out's of a furnace. Therefore, all I can do is share my experience. And it has not been a good one. My house is not even four-years-old. A Goodman furnace was installed during the build.In the past year, our installer has replaced a control board, and currently is installing a new motor. Now as I mentioned earlier, I'm no expert, but I'm sure it's not a good sign when both of those must be replaced in 10 months. So if the contractors are arguing that's it's the installer, I probably need to find a new one. But if that's not the case, Goodman is a piece of junk.

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: A. Lyons
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Not reliable"
We had a Goodman furnace installed in our house after 22 years with a Keeprite unit that worked just fine. The Goodman High efficiency furnace broke down and needed a new circuit board 11 months after it was installed. We live in CANADA and had to be all weekend without heat in February. Our serviceman had tried to call the company parts dep't and get us a new circuit board on Saturday, he left a couple of messages on a 24 hour line for them but no one called back. We had to wait in a frigid house till Monday. We are truly disappointed with the product and the level of service this company offers.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: Bob
Location: Canada

"Ya right"
Hmmm I dunno about all these folks saying good things they must work for goodman why would they be coming here unless they had a prob. This unit sucks. It don't blow hot enough and it's hard to re ignite.

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Jody Petersen
Location: Iowa

"Stay away from these guys"
Im so sick of this furnace/ac not working. I live in Iowa and has gone out in the middle of winter (-20 wind chill) and have kids in the house. Do u think they would help me...NO! I have had this unit since 2008 and have had 1 problem after another with it. It has gone out about 18 times and they will not help us with the repairs. Getting ahold of the BBB this week my electric company is standing behind me on this!

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: N Henderson
Location: Ontario Canada

"HVAC technician"
Over the years I have installed and serviced many makes of furnaces. I see and service furnaces every day so I'am aware of what units fail the most and which units are reliable. I find that by far the Goodman GMVC 2 stage 95% with ecm motor is the most reliable furnace on the market I very rarly get a call on a Goodman unit and when I do it is usually because of a bad install

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: Bruce B
Location: madison WI

"Goodman furnace review"
I put 60 furnaces and A/c unitsin units i own 5 years ago and have had only one minor {typical)repair needed. I am very satisfied. Most of the problems I am reading about here are typical of all brands such as the exhaust fan needing replacement. For the people whos furnace does not reach the final set temperature, the furnace may not be sized correctly (contractor saves $30.00 for a smaller unit) or the 'tthermostat itself may not be working properly. Furnaces don't think, they just run as they are told by the thermostat

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>