Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2011-03-05 Name: C. Collins
Location: Meadville, Missouri

"Chronic issues with Goodman furnace"
I appreciate the comments by the HVAC technicians and others who report that any issues were simply "installer" issues; however, I have 9 years of "bad" experience with my 95% efficiency unit. Because the 30+ year old unit that came with our house finally wore out the second year in our home, we did some research and were also told that Goodman were "the best bang for the buck". Unfortunately, the "bucks" keep flying! One year after purchase, the board went out--our installer and Goodman replaced and acknowledged it was a MANUFACTURER (not installer) defect. At that time and ever since, the electronic ignition element has gone out annually! When the installer came out the first time, Goodman was cooperative with replacement, as the unit was still under mfg warranty; however, the next year, Goodman gave our installer (also a dealer for them) the run-around and we had to pay full-price (even though it was still under warranty). Shortly afterward, our installer dropped his dealer agreement with Goodman and retired. The second time our new HVAC technician (also a Goodman dealer) came for the exact same repair, he informed us that it is "typical" that this part burn out approximately every 12-14 months (i.e., calendar months, not "use" months). Therefore, we have not gotten a complete winter out of our Goodman unit since it was purchased in 2002!

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: L.P.
Location: Muncie, IN

"Frustrated"
I'll be the first to admit, I don't know much about the "in's & out's of a furnace. Therefore, all I can do is share my experience. And it has not been a good one. My house is not even four-years-old. A Goodman furnace was installed during the build.In the past year, our installer has replaced a control board, and currently is installing a new motor. Now as I mentioned earlier, I'm no expert, but I'm sure it's not a good sign when both of those must be replaced in 10 months. So if the contractors are arguing that's it's the installer, I probably need to find a new one. But if that's not the case, Goodman is a piece of junk.

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: A. Lyons
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Not reliable"
We had a Goodman furnace installed in our house after 22 years with a Keeprite unit that worked just fine. The Goodman High efficiency furnace broke down and needed a new circuit board 11 months after it was installed. We live in CANADA and had to be all weekend without heat in February. Our serviceman had tried to call the company parts dep't and get us a new circuit board on Saturday, he left a couple of messages on a 24 hour line for them but no one called back. We had to wait in a frigid house till Monday. We are truly disappointed with the product and the level of service this company offers.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: Bob
Location: Canada

"Ya right"
Hmmm I dunno about all these folks saying good things they must work for goodman why would they be coming here unless they had a prob. This unit sucks. It don't blow hot enough and it's hard to re ignite.

Date created: 2011-02-23 Name: Jody Petersen
Location: Iowa

"Stay away from these guys"
Im so sick of this furnace/ac not working. I live in Iowa and has gone out in the middle of winter (-20 wind chill) and have kids in the house. Do u think they would help me...NO! I have had this unit since 2008 and have had 1 problem after another with it. It has gone out about 18 times and they will not help us with the repairs. Getting ahold of the BBB this week my electric company is standing behind me on this!

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: N Henderson
Location: Ontario Canada

"HVAC technician"
Over the years I have installed and serviced many makes of furnaces. I see and service furnaces every day so I'am aware of what units fail the most and which units are reliable. I find that by far the Goodman GMVC 2 stage 95% with ecm motor is the most reliable furnace on the market I very rarly get a call on a Goodman unit and when I do it is usually because of a bad install

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: Bruce B
Location: madison WI

"Goodman furnace review"
I put 60 furnaces and A/c unitsin units i own 5 years ago and have had only one minor {typical)repair needed. I am very satisfied. Most of the problems I am reading about here are typical of all brands such as the exhaust fan needing replacement. For the people whos furnace does not reach the final set temperature, the furnace may not be sized correctly (contractor saves $30.00 for a smaller unit) or the 'tthermostat itself may not be working properly. Furnaces don't think, they just run as they are told by the thermostat

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: john obrego
Location: st. paul MN

"Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I dont understand how all you people dont like goodman i have not had any trouble at all and my service tec that sold me the furnace also got me the 10 YEAR PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY!!! how can you not beat that..... i love my goodman furnace and wouldnt go with any other product

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: Tammy
Location: ontario canada

"Wonderful furnace"
I installed my GMVC goodman high eff furnace 2 years ago and it is a wonderful furnace. Love it. My bills dropped by 50%. This furnace is quite and the house is even tempature. Would recommend this furnace to anyone.

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: I.E. McCusker
Location: Marydel, DE

"Very Pleased with product."
I have a 95plus dual fuel. I love it. No sound problem like others have claimed. Gas bill is way down, house is nice and warm in winter, cool in summer. What gives?????? Are you people looking for a handout, sympathy???? Oh I get it, your from the "ME" generation. Do your research on the product, but more importantly the installer. If you think its a bad product, go some were else and pay three times the price. Otherwise, shut the heck up. I like my heating system. Its quiet, its efficient, and it comes with the leading warranty in the field. (I did my research). I wanted a Train, (good systems) but found out that the Goodman was actualy better. People you get what you pay for. And I would highly recomend doing your research on your installer, AGAIN, I REALLY LOVE MY GOODMAN SYSTEM.

<< Previous4567891011121314151617181920212223Next >>