Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2011-03-28 Name: Vicki Petherick
Location: Tulsa, OK

"Good"
My equipment worked fine for the 5 years under warrenty. As soon as the warranty was up everyting started breaking!!! Air and heat. I would have been better off spending a little more for better equipment! This has been a nightmare!!!

Date created: 2011-03-28 Name: Dan K.
Location: Kansas

"Very costly and unreliable!"
Had 4 of these units installed in Nursing Homes, two in 2007 and 2 in 2008. Constant problems, just informed installer to remove if one more problem exists, warranty or not. I cant afford to have cold elderly on a consistant basis. Pulled old furnaces out and were origonal equipment from 1961. Cant believe the junk made these days! I do have 8 older goodman units that were installed in 1999 and dont have any issues at all other than an occasional igniter failure.

Date created: 2011-03-16 Name: peter rush
Location: Brantford Ontario Canada.

"Furnace breakdown"
We purchased a gooman HE furnace Nov 2006 supposably guaranteed for five years.As you can see it does not run out until Nov 2011. In that time it has acted up twice with bills mounting to 230 dollars. I have approached the supplier for to be reimbursed for part of my outlay only to be informed that it is out of warranty(I am not a happy person) As we live in Canada we had to have it fixed right away not being able to wait for the company to take action. I wil think twice next time. Try to get a goodman rep. to answer about your preblems, Good luck.

Date created: 2011-03-16 Name: Peter Chamas
Location: Millstone, NJ

"Terrible product"
I installed 3 Goodman furnaces in my home in 1999. The heat exchange on two of them failed just after the 10 year mark. The individual from the gas company who came out to check on our systems said that Goodman furnaces are known for having problems with their heat exchanges. For anyone who does not know, the heat exchange is the guts of the furnace and by far the most expensive part to replace. It was not worth fixing them, so I had to purchase two new furnaces. Go with a different Mfg.

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: D. Steele
Location: Chicago, IL

"Poor Quality"
Two years ago, I learned that it was necessary to replace the heating/cooling unit for my condo. As a single woman on a limited budget, I chose a Goodman unit because of its reputation of high quality and affordability. Unfortunately, the unit has been unreliable and not performed well. In the past four months, I have had to replace the following: X Gas valve X Circuit board X Pressure switch X Blower motor While the parts have been under warranty, the incurring labor and repair costs have not. I have spent $1,235.50 repairing the unit. I find it unacceptable that a unit with a 10-year product life has had so many malfunctions in its first two years. For a company that prides itself on quality, I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality this product has demonstrated. These unexpected out of pocket expenses have caused me great distress. For a unit that is only two years old, I believed that repair costs would be minimal.

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: Joseph Vincent
Location: Wellsburg, WV

"Positive Positive Positive."
Got the 95% Goodman about 4 years ago . No negative feedback here. Its been saving us money hand over fist. No prblems with ignitor or anything. Puts Trane to shame. Oh yes we installed it ourselves. We do have a trane central Air hooked up to it. It works . If I have to replace it in the future I will purchasae a Goodman. I hope it keeps working though. But if I must do thats what I will do.

Date created: 2011-03-05 Name: C. Collins
Location: Meadville, Missouri

"Chronic issues with Goodman furnace"
I appreciate the comments by the HVAC technicians and others who report that any issues were simply "installer" issues; however, I have 9 years of "bad" experience with my 95% efficiency unit. Because the 30+ year old unit that came with our house finally wore out the second year in our home, we did some research and were also told that Goodman were "the best bang for the buck". Unfortunately, the "bucks" keep flying! One year after purchase, the board went out--our installer and Goodman replaced and acknowledged it was a MANUFACTURER (not installer) defect. At that time and ever since, the electronic ignition element has gone out annually! When the installer came out the first time, Goodman was cooperative with replacement, as the unit was still under mfg warranty; however, the next year, Goodman gave our installer (also a dealer for them) the run-around and we had to pay full-price (even though it was still under warranty). Shortly afterward, our installer dropped his dealer agreement with Goodman and retired. The second time our new HVAC technician (also a Goodman dealer) came for the exact same repair, he informed us that it is "typical" that this part burn out approximately every 12-14 months (i.e., calendar months, not "use" months). Therefore, we have not gotten a complete winter out of our Goodman unit since it was purchased in 2002!

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: L.P.
Location: Muncie, IN

"Frustrated"
I'll be the first to admit, I don't know much about the "in's & out's of a furnace. Therefore, all I can do is share my experience. And it has not been a good one. My house is not even four-years-old. A Goodman furnace was installed during the build.In the past year, our installer has replaced a control board, and currently is installing a new motor. Now as I mentioned earlier, I'm no expert, but I'm sure it's not a good sign when both of those must be replaced in 10 months. So if the contractors are arguing that's it's the installer, I probably need to find a new one. But if that's not the case, Goodman is a piece of junk.

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: A. Lyons
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Not reliable"
We had a Goodman furnace installed in our house after 22 years with a Keeprite unit that worked just fine. The Goodman High efficiency furnace broke down and needed a new circuit board 11 months after it was installed. We live in CANADA and had to be all weekend without heat in February. Our serviceman had tried to call the company parts dep't and get us a new circuit board on Saturday, he left a couple of messages on a 24 hour line for them but no one called back. We had to wait in a frigid house till Monday. We are truly disappointed with the product and the level of service this company offers.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: Bob
Location: Canada

"Ya right"
Hmmm I dunno about all these folks saying good things they must work for goodman why would they be coming here unless they had a prob. This unit sucks. It don't blow hot enough and it's hard to re ignite.

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>