Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2011-08-23 Name: K. Tran
Location: Phila. PA

"I would like to joint in filing a lawsuit against Goodman"
After one summer the motor doesn't work. A month later the electronic circuit burn. The second summer the motor doesn't work again, a month and half later the line is frozen and the service man can not find any leaking area. The technician service told me have to change filter one a month and I did it, now he is claim that the filter is bad he is want me to change every 2 weeks.

Date created: 2011-08-03 Name: Carol
Location: Sterling,IL

"GM9090"
We have had this furnace for 6 years and this is our 3rd cage and motor we have had to put on it.This will be the last time we put anymore parts on this unit. I am going to buy a different brand and it will not be GOODMAN.When I called Goodman they do not understand why I am having this problem, but when I googled the model # it sounds like this problem happen more often than not.The furnace is installed right so I think this furnace is poorly made or a poor design. I will never buy Goodman products again.

Date created: 2011-07-19 Name: Furnace Man
Location: Ontario

"Overall, Goodman is good"
I've been installing and serving gas furnaces for over 40 years. I have installed many Goodman units. In comparison to the many brands I have worked on over the years, overall I've had no problems with the Goodman line. Warranty is good. Replacement parts are less expensive when the warranty does expire. Overall, good value for the money. Like any machine they do have the odd breakdown, but they are easy to fix as parts are easily accessible for removal and replacement. From my experience most problems are not because of equipment failure but from human failure in selecting the right equipment and installing it. The person doing the work is the most important aspect of the job with small knowledgeable contractors usually outperforming the large guys in satisfaction.

Date created: 2011-06-17 Name: john a
Location: chicago

"Don't install yourself"
Never install a furnace or A/C system yourself unless you know about: duct design, static pressures, cfms, subcooling, super heat, venting tables, register/grill sizing, dampers, dehumidifacation, infiltration, Manual "J", heat gain, solar gain, air exchangers, N-S exposure, E-W window exposure, temp rise, ventilation, make up air, control voltage, feed voltage, voltage drop, wire size, wire length, local codes and many other related items needed for a proper installation!! If a person does not understand what I just listed, they should not be installing anything!! The equipment will fail and the owner will blame the manufacture. I have seen this over and over and over. A do-it-yourselfer always blaims the equipment, then says he is unsatisfied.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: john skates
Location: Chicago Illinois

"You people crack me up BIG TIME"
I have read many of the unsatisfied complaints, I gotta tell ya something, all of you folks are nuts!!! I am a HVAC contractor for 30 years I have installed many name brands. The most common problems you are having are due to: poor installations, over/under sized equipment, bad ductwork design, poor insulation of the home, bad thermostats, incompetent service people, neglect of filters, dirty outside coils and many other reasons. its not the equipment!!!! The compressers and parts have a 10 year warranty if you register on line. What more do you want?? Some of you folks are getting "taken" on the cost of parts. This is the company you hired!! Don't get me wrong things do break.. But, over and over and over???? This is the service persons lack of experiance not the equipmant.

Date created: 2011-06-14 Name: Dave
Location: Portage, IN.

"I'm buying a Goodman GMVC95!!!"
I obtained a Universal license after taking one refrigeration course. To the guy that thinks the average person cannot do a fantastic job of installing a hvac system, your wrong. To the men out there willing to try their hand at this, obtain a universal license and find a friend that does this work. Save yourself about half on installation. This type of work is not rocket science. Do your homework and you'll be fine. P.S. just fixed my condenser outside and saved myself about $400.00 that a so called tech would have charged me! Oh, that's right, he would have told me it was trash and sold me a new condenser. No thanks!!! P.S. a lot of these units on the market are junk. Sorry if I believe the guy with bad heat exchangers. I'll say it again junk!!! Do your homework on sizing BTUs etc. and you'll be fine. Buy a Goodman next time!!

Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: K Clarke
Location: Dixon, IL

"Hmmm...stupid contractor"
I have a Goodman. It was installed last fall, and has saved me lots of bucks in gas price. I used to pay over 200 bucks in winter weather, and last winter only had a little over 100 bucks per month. I recently had a problem with mine, but I have found out it isn't with the furnace, it's with my central air unit. It wasn't even the central air unit, it was with the guy that has been re-doing my electrical to my circuit breakers. He was dropping down my circuit breaker box (since I've had all new electrical done) and had un-hooked the electrical to my central air unit. He hadn't finished re-hooking up the central air to the fuse box yet. Hence, it's been a hot house. My furnace man came over today and found the problem, re-hooked up my central air, and walla, problem solved. I have had a problem with the April Air unit though as the controller isn't working accurately, but that may be in the unit itself or it's not hooked up accurately. My furnace man has said he's not familiar with the present controller that was used as it's a newer model, and he's trying to get his boss over to my house to take a look at it. They are swamped with customers, so the brand can't be all that bad, now can it!

Date created: 2011-05-17 Name: Pete Damron
Location: Tyler Texas

"Installation Is the Key"
am A Goodman Goodcare Installer, In the first Goodman has had a Life time Hassel free replacement on any Heat Exchanger, I have read dozens of these reviews, and along with some of them their "Service Tec" Can't solve the issue... This is Not true should I have or ever had a problem goodman Tec support is there, The codes are all listed on the Control panel cover, These stories are unbeleavable, Lots of things can cause code failures, Inducer motor blockage caused by long B vents Presure switch is only doing it's job telling the tec there is a problem bad cfm flow across the heat exchanger caused by over sized furnace under sized duct, high static pressure. Its is hard to beleave that any one could or would let a service company get one over on you. I wish I could sell s Goodman furnace for 10,000 that was one of the reviews. People if your having issues with a Goodman Product call them in Houston texas and get the number to your regional support team. The problem will be solved. 99.99999% is installation over sized equipment. Goodman now is North America largest HVAC MFG. They didnt get there by sell Junk. Goodman Has one of the Most out standing warranties on the HVAC market. Every product carrys a min 10 Year some have life time and Yes You can purchase a labor warranty a Goodcare package. back to 95% furnaces in a lot of cases it's as simple as exsesive condensation in the condensing Furnace not being drained properly. Thye blower switch gets it's vac frome lower points. if the unit is not installed properly it's only doing its job. going in to fail safe mode. It will try and lite tree trime is the induser draft motor is in fault the gas valve wont open, For the review with gas valve wont shut off, Is there a drip leg on the inlet of the gas valve is it natural gas lp, I have found enough pipe dope for 10 installs in the vale port inlet that caused a failure" INSTALLATION" A MFG isnt going to MFG a product that is domed and gloomed to fail or cause loss of life. Every wonder why there are more reviews on one product tahn another? Simple when you sell the Most equipment and you are the most affordable, Guess what.... DIY and hackers and un-trained installers. Do you have a TV Washer Dryer Oven, Icebox taht has lasted and lasted, Did you get on line and proudly give your outstanding review? Case Point. ALLTENP Heating and Cooling Tyler Texas

Date created: 2011-05-15 Name: Tye the Hvac guy
Location: West orange nj

"Online heating and cooling"
I see all the bad reviews about any brand of Hvac equip is coming from uncertified installers what about the guy that said he went through two heat exchangers how I've put in about 250 furnaces Only one was bad and I caught it on a visual Inspection of the unit if your not a Hvac tech or installer Or you hacked your own Hvac job you have no valid opinion Be cause u don't know how to install a furnace or ac properly The devil is in the details

Date created: 2011-05-13 Name: bob pisula
Location: berea,ky

"Model#ARUF182416CA"
Serial#1009037293 I came home to my new house of three months and the temp. in the house was 79 degrees and the furnace wwas still running when the thermostat was set at 70. It would not shut off until I turned the power off. The builder and the installer can't explain what happened, or if the unit would kept running until it burned my new house down to the ground.

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>