Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-11-18 Name: Keith Robinson
Location: New Carrollton, MD

"NOT HAPPY WITH GOODMAN"
I just purchased a Goodman Furnace and so far I am not happy with the lack of warmth the Furnace puts out. The air is lukewarm and seems more cool than warm.

Date created: 2011-11-04 Name: Preparing to buy furnace
Location: Grayslake, IL

"Reviewed site comments"
I have read the review comments regarding goodman furnaces and found a good percentage of the reviews are pro Goodman furnaces but the box checked was very unsatisfied. I would assume this will unfairly bias the overall rating toward the unsatisfied. The reviews should be read by someone with the website before allowing the review to stand. I am going to buy a Goodman.

Date created: 2011-11-04 Name: Randy
Location: Arkansas

"Goodman for 25 years"
I have Goodman furnace and condenser in my own home and rarely a problem other than flame sensor once. I have been putting Goodman in homes for 25 years and don't have any more problems with them than I do with any other brand I install. Goodman lead the industry with their warranty. I recommend them highly.

Date created: 2011-11-02 Name: gloria hicks
Location: warren michigan

"Mother board burns out every year"
The first year, service man said goodman furnace boards are like that. Never purchase another.

Date created: 2011-10-24 Name: Eliza K.
Location: South Weber, UT

"What gives with the rating?"
Why do the satisfactory ratings not match up with people's opinions in their posts??? I am researching furnaces - Goodman 95% efficiency verses York & Lennox. Price quotes differ about $1300 from the Goodman. As far as the actual equipment goes, people seem to be satisfied overall, but the rating on their post is listed as very low. What is going on with this????

Date created: 2011-10-11 Name: Brand Watcher
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

"Rate Correctly!"
Many of the reviews written here say good things about Goodman equipment or neutral things yet the ratings say "Very Unsatisfied". Gee, is someone trying to manipulate the ratings here or what? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to click the right button- be careful and don't write a review that says Goodman is great and then click "Very Unsatisfied". Hvac Installers, if you just want to write something neutral about a brand then click "Neutral", not "Very Unsatisfied". Like I said, I think someones trying to manipulate the ratings on this site and if FurnaceCompare.com actually reviewed the postings they'd either fix this or not post the reviews that clearly have wrong Rating checked because you are skewing your own Ratings. Get it together FurnaceCompare.com.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: E. Bokenkamp
Location: Birmingham, AL

"Model GUI 100-3"
After 21 years of dependable service I finally had to replace my 60% AFUE single stage Goodman GUI100-3 furnace due to a rusted out heat exchanger. It was initially installed by a reputable contractor and received regular routine maintenance. I never had to replace the blower motor or ignitors or any other repairs other than annual cleaning and inspection.

Date created: 2011-09-16 Name: Bucktail
Location: Northern Wisconsin

"GSU100-4"
Don't like Goodman Furnace GSU100-4. Gone through 3 Control boards. Repaired one once and looks like that one has failed too. Fan kicks up to much moisture in the summer when the ac is on. Looking forward to when I can put in a different brand.

Date created: 2011-09-12 Name: Don L
Location: beltsville Md

"Installer"
Every time I see that someone is dissatisfied with Goodman or Amana, it is always the equipment. Which simply isn't true. I install everything from Carrier, Trane, Payne, York, and everything fails! Everything! Now it doesn't mean its dead, it just means that you had to call a technician for a repair. It is 99% of the time the installation, or the equipment is too big for the house because someone buys a furnace on line and tries to install it themselves. Then for trying to save face, the owner blames the equipment! I have been doing this for 22 years, and selling Goodman/Amana equipment for 17. I don't think I would be in business this long if I sold Bad Equipment! I love Goodman and Amana equipment. And believe me if the installation is bad, you will have years of problems with anything you buy.

Date created: 2011-09-07 Name: Mike B. Martisko

"Installation problem, I don't think so?"
I am a General Contractor in West Virginia and have been so for nearly 40 years. Starting back in 2003, I began installing furnaces for a rental property owner I have done contract work for. While working at one of her properties, one of the furnaces quit working, and she asked me if I could install a new one. I looked at it and said yes. I removed the old unit, picked up a comparable Goodman unit from a local supplier. I set the unit in place and connected everything as the booklet instructed. Worked fine until building was sold and torn down, almost 5 years. However, after the installation of the first one, I was again asked to replace another one in yet another property. (Oh by the way, the first had a problem, which turned out to be a bad fuse from the factory.) Again, I removed the old unit and installed a brand new Goodman, kept having problems of not running, but discovered that the vent grids provided with the furnace, which I put into the induction air hole on the furnace, did not run pipe to outside, was restricting the air flow, basement area was more then sufficient to supply air to furnace. Next I was asked to install an entire system in another rental property. I did so, running trunk line and takeoffs, cold air return, gas line electric, it all, however, when I finished installing this one, unbeknownst to me, the local gas company had to inspect it, it was gigged because the cold air return wrapped around the gas line, which was existing, and could not be rerouted, I realized as soon as the gas man told me, why it was a problem, leaking could be extremely hazardous, I resolved the problem, the gas man returned, and the unit passed inspection and was put into service, and there has not been a problem since. Now, I installed one more unit for this same person, purchased on her account, at the same supplier, however, in this instance I was removing an ancient bulky 180,000 btu unit. I went to the supplier, told them what I was removing, and they provided me with the largest unit available 118,000btu. The also provided all the other accessories necessary to set and hookup the furnace, switch/fuse box, inline shutoff for gas, cold air return plenum, as well as the plenum. This unit operated without incident from October 2004 thru March of 2009. I could not discern the problem, so the supplier sent technicians to check it out, they pushed the roll out switch a couple of times and said the heat exchanger was bad, due to improper installation. Now this supplier, knew that I was not a trained installer, yet he continued to sell the units, without making any disclaimer about the warranty. The supplier would not replace the unit, and the person I did the work for expects me to pay for a brand new unit, plus the installation of same.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>