Consumer Reviews of Goodman furnaces

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-08-27 Name: Glen
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Excellent Furnace"
If your furnace is installed by a quality tech, you likely won't have any problems. I've had mine running for 5 years, in Canada, so it works hard year round. No issues at all, in fact I thought it had started to fail, but it was just a sticker from the inside of the service panel that had fallen onto the fan motor. 5 second fix. People that are having problems should seriously look at the quality of the tech that is doing the installing/repairing.

Date created: 2018-02-11 Name: YosemiteDave
Location: Iowa

"Goodman Furnace quality"
I have been in business for 18 years. We mainly sell 90% Trane and Roughly 10% Goodman. Goodman seems to be a lot better quality than they used to be 20 years ago. If you have a GMX or GMT I'm sorry. But to make a long story short. We sell mostly Trane. But on the shelf, we have mainly Goodman parts. Does that tell you anything? We stock 2 inducers and we can get them replaced the next day. In other words we have had two Goodman inducer failures the same day. Heat Exchangers, we change a few of them every year. And to date, only 1 failure in the Trane, (which the lady refused to change air filiters) Her fault. Now Goodman is getting really proud of their furnaces and the prices are going up, as much as the Trane. So which do you suppose we push more of. It has been suggested by our employee's to push more Goodman for job security, but we prefer sleeping all night long without call outs if we can.
Date created: 2018-01-14 Name: HVAC TECH

"Service Friendly and Cost Friendly"
The engineers must have been HVAC service technicians. This company is not well known, but it should be. Goodman is a very good manufacturing company. Goodman designs what a furnace and air conditioner is supposed to do, heat and cool. Other manufacturers add all these “bells and whistles” which makes troubleshooting more difficult and makes home owners upset because of the high repair bill. I highly recommend Goodman.
Date created: 2018-01-12 Name: Janice Lepianka
Location: Omro, WI

"Unsatisfied"
My 93 year old mothers 4 year old Goodman furnace went out in the middle of the night , on a -30/-35 wind chill night in wi. She called her original installer but he could not come until morning. At 10:30 pm it was already 61 degrees, what would it have been at 10 am with wind chills -30/-35 during the night. We called an emergency service, he had to replace a burned out motor. He used a universal motor as that is what he had. Now Goodman will not cover the warranty as it was not a Goodman motor. I was even told by one customer service person that the work was not done during the day to it is not covered. It makes me sad that a company can be set on specific time , place, item that they are willing to let a 93 year old lady freeze. Very disappointed they will not stand by their product in the middle for the night. I am telling everyone I know they do not stand by their product.
Date created: 2018-01-08 Name: Antoinette McWilliams
Location: Gary, IN

"Goodman Furnace"
This furnace is garbage and it is not even worthy of being given away as a gift .This was really a bad investment I wish I had never purchased it.I Have only had it for a few months and I have endured nothing but expenses and headaches.The manufacture know they took advantage of the people on selling this mess.They can blame the hvac techs but they messed up .
Date created: 2017-12-04 Name: KELLIC
Location: Indiana

"Not worth the money"
Furnace is not even a year old and has been worked on four times in the past 3 weeks. The installer is who has come out all four times. They first replaced the gas flow part, still didn't work, so they put in a new board, and only worked not even a week, so they came back out with another new board. Needless to say that board didn't even work when they put it in, so got another new board and it only lasted a week. We've asked for the furnace to be replaced but the company refuses a replacement, so the installer will be back out tomorrow with another new board. If this doesn't work I am liable to yank the damn thing out and throw it on their office floor and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine. As it is ridiculous having this much problems and not able to get the help need. Don't buy an goodman furnace you will regret it!!!!
Date created: 2017-11-29 Name: Jack
Location: DuPage County, IL

"Where the blame lies"
As a contractor for over 25-years and having sold several brands over those years, I'd like to throw my two-bits into the pile. Goodman products produced over the past decade are as reliable as more expensive brands. The problem is that the low price point of the unit attracts a disproportionate number of poor quality contractors and side-jobbers who are ignorant of the proper sizing, application and installation techniques required for equipment to perform properly. If you have a recurring problem with your equipment and your contractor cannot figure out why, then you need a new contractor. Has your contractor been in business at least 10-years? Does he operate out of a commercial address or does he operate out of his garage? Does he have at least 25 4+ star reviews? Select a good contractor and you won't have to worry about writing bad reviews.
Date created: 2017-10-30 Name: tony
Location: Florida

"Stand behind your product"
Brand new Goodman furnace installed in late June, tried to start it up October 30, 2017, would not start tried for several hours now I am going to have to call a HVAC company to look at it, and spend more money. Never had a furnace that I was not able to start. With all of the bad reviews you would thing Goodman would have a service rep. To handle the problems..
Date created: 2017-10-05 Name: Doug Lombardo
Location: Grayslake, IL

"A review I was compelled to write"
I am a Goodman/Amana dealer in Illinois and am shocked by the poor reviews written here. Goodman/Amana are top performers in the industry! If you cipher through all the hype and angst, you can determine that each and every poor review is written by a consumer that was connected with a contractor that lacked no installation skills, no communication skills, or a contractor that should not be installing furnaces or air conditioning units, period! Also, why people cannot understand that the manufacturer's warranty and the dealer's warranty are two distinctly different things is beyond me. There is where the poor communication comes in! The ten year warranty should be registered by the consumer, the contractor should explain all of that. And no where does it say that installation costs for a defective part are paid for by Goodman/Amana, ever. Read your warranty! Heating and cooling units do not operate outside of certain operating temperatures which are controlled by not only the equipment, but the duct system. And most duct systems are inadequate. So before you criticize that manufacturer that spends millions of dollars researching, developing, and testing these units, do yourselves a favor and get in touch with a real heating and cooling contractor and listen to what he says. You may not like what he has to say (which is the case most often) when you get an honest one and he tells you that you have a deficient air distribution system. But it is because of that why some new systems do not work well. And for heaven's sake, when you are writing these reviews, check your spelling and forget the name calling and cool phrases like "This furnace sucks". All that does is shows ignorance on the part of the writer. Amana and Goodman are great furnaces and an excellent value! My company has been in business for 42 years, we enjoy good standing in the community, and look forward to many more successful years as a Goodman/Amana dealer.
Date created: 2017-05-16 Name: Jonathan Bowler

"Terrible inducer, heat exchanger issues to come"
I'm a little tired of seeing so many Goodman/Amana products at the top of these lists. I wouldn't write a review but my own experiences and the experiences of most of the techs I know agree that their products in general are not well-made. The Goodman/Amana single-stage inducer is the only inducer motor I stock. I've replaced about 5-8 of them a year for the last 3 seasons, with about 80% of those failing within a month after warranty is up. Besides that I've called Goodman tech support 3 times about a significant flaw in their units that will lead to many $700 repairs down the line, with no real solution offered besides "wait 'til it fails". With a combustion analysis, many of the furnaces in my area are showing signs of eventual heat exchanger failure (symptoms of blockage). From my experience-only based knowledge I give these units an overall lifespan of 10 years until heat exchanger replacement becomes necessary. I've spent a lot of time looking into why these analysis readings show high carbon monoxide readings and very low o2 readings, but have found no root cause as of yet. These readings are very similar to the infamous Carrier secondary heat exchanger failures a few years back that led to a class-action lawsuit. In Goodman's defense, one of their tech support agents did go over all the reasons why it could be reading that way (which I checked). Something is blocking them a bit and I believe it's only a matter of time before it becomes a major problem for Goodman/Amana and its customers. I could be wrong though, of course! Also certain screws in the system, when removed, can no longer be tightened back adequately due to the thin metal used in manufacturing certain components. The control boards also suffer from weak soldering in the back of some of the pin connections on the board. Thankfully for my customers, I bring a soldering kit with me to repair some of these when they fail. But in my area, I might be stuck having to sell equipment I don't like, because it's what people know and get prices on regularly. They have just about the lowest price-point in the area after-all, so they get put in everywhere. Similarly to Lennox, it's a name people recognize, and for some reason I can't understand, they seem to be well-reviewed.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>