Consumer Reviews of Goodman furnaces

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-10-14 Name: Doug Stack
Location: Minnesota

"Great furnace"
Simple to install. Just a little noisy. Fine if it's in the basement.

Date created: 2018-10-04 Name: tom morse
Location: Michigan

"Goodman contractor review"
HVAC contractor of 32 years. Several brands in my tenure and the last 6 years went with Goodman and can honestly say, it is a very well built unit. Many models and have very, very little failure within these 6 years, less than any other brand I have sold! I was not too much of a fan before they started to produce the quality units I sell now. Excellent factory support also. Anybody that is giving Goodman a bad review was just not given the correct installation and professional job they should have gotten.
Date created: 2018-09-24 Name: peter kroch
Location: Canada

"Furnace crap"
I am a heating contractor. Installed new line off Armstrong air furnace because Goodman furnace is big garbage. It's not honoring warranty, not labor warranty, not paying contractor work. Do not deal with Goodman anymore. It is the biggest garbage equipment on the market.
Date created: 2018-08-27 Name: Glen
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Excellent Furnace"
If your furnace is installed by a quality tech, you likely won't have any problems. I've had mine running for 5 years, in Canada, so it works hard year round. No issues at all, in fact I thought it had started to fail, but it was just a sticker from the inside of the service panel that had fallen onto the fan motor. 5 second fix. People that are having problems should seriously look at the quality of the tech that is doing the installing/repairing.
Date created: 2018-02-11 Name: YosemiteDave
Location: Iowa

"Goodman Furnace quality"
I have been in business for 18 years. We mainly sell 90% Trane and Roughly 10% Goodman. Goodman seems to be a lot better quality than they used to be 20 years ago. If you have a GMX or GMT I'm sorry. But to make a long story short. We sell mostly Trane. But on the shelf, we have mainly Goodman parts. Does that tell you anything? We stock 2 inducers and we can get them replaced the next day. In other words we have had two Goodman inducer failures the same day. Heat Exchangers, we change a few of them every year. And to date, only 1 failure in the Trane, (which the lady refused to change air filiters) Her fault. Now Goodman is getting really proud of their furnaces and the prices are going up, as much as the Trane. So which do you suppose we push more of. It has been suggested by our employee's to push more Goodman for job security, but we prefer sleeping all night long without call outs if we can.
Date created: 2018-01-14 Name: HVAC TECH

"Service Friendly and Cost Friendly"
The engineers must have been HVAC service technicians. This company is not well known, but it should be. Goodman is a very good manufacturing company. Goodman designs what a furnace and air conditioner is supposed to do, heat and cool. Other manufacturers add all these “bells and whistles” which makes troubleshooting more difficult and makes home owners upset because of the high repair bill. I highly recommend Goodman.
Date created: 2018-01-12 Name: Janice Lepianka
Location: Omro, WI

"Unsatisfied"
My 93 year old mothers 4 year old Goodman furnace went out in the middle of the night , on a -30/-35 wind chill night in wi. She called her original installer but he could not come until morning. At 10:30 pm it was already 61 degrees, what would it have been at 10 am with wind chills -30/-35 during the night. We called an emergency service, he had to replace a burned out motor. He used a universal motor as that is what he had. Now Goodman will not cover the warranty as it was not a Goodman motor. I was even told by one customer service person that the work was not done during the day to it is not covered. It makes me sad that a company can be set on specific time , place, item that they are willing to let a 93 year old lady freeze. Very disappointed they will not stand by their product in the middle for the night. I am telling everyone I know they do not stand by their product.
Date created: 2018-01-08 Name: Antoinette McWilliams
Location: Gary, IN

"Goodman Furnace"
This furnace is garbage and it is not even worthy of being given away as a gift .This was really a bad investment I wish I had never purchased it.I Have only had it for a few months and I have endured nothing but expenses and headaches.The manufacture know they took advantage of the people on selling this mess.They can blame the hvac techs but they messed up .
Date created: 2017-12-04 Name: KELLIC
Location: Indiana

"Not worth the money"
Furnace is not even a year old and has been worked on four times in the past 3 weeks. The installer is who has come out all four times. They first replaced the gas flow part, still didn't work, so they put in a new board, and only worked not even a week, so they came back out with another new board. Needless to say that board didn't even work when they put it in, so got another new board and it only lasted a week. We've asked for the furnace to be replaced but the company refuses a replacement, so the installer will be back out tomorrow with another new board. If this doesn't work I am liable to yank the damn thing out and throw it on their office floor and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine. As it is ridiculous having this much problems and not able to get the help need. Don't buy an goodman furnace you will regret it!!!!
Date created: 2017-11-29 Name: Jack
Location: DuPage County, IL

"Where the blame lies"
As a contractor for over 25-years and having sold several brands over those years, I'd like to throw my two-bits into the pile. Goodman products produced over the past decade are as reliable as more expensive brands. The problem is that the low price point of the unit attracts a disproportionate number of poor quality contractors and side-jobbers who are ignorant of the proper sizing, application and installation techniques required for equipment to perform properly. If you have a recurring problem with your equipment and your contractor cannot figure out why, then you need a new contractor. Has your contractor been in business at least 10-years? Does he operate out of a commercial address or does he operate out of his garage? Does he have at least 25 4+ star reviews? Select a good contractor and you won't have to worry about writing bad reviews.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>