Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2016-12-27 Name: Ron
Location: Milwaukee,WI

"As good if not better than others"
My furnace and ac system were installed in 2006 and I have done some basic cleaning and changed filters so far and have never even had a serviceman do his recommended maintenance thing or had a problem until the fall of 2016. It has always worked great until this fall when it did not perform consistently. No internal parts have even been cleaned or replaced until this problem occurred. It had failed to start after its 3 initial attempts. I then replaced the circuit board which appeared to clear the intermittent problem for a while but the problem still did not disappear entirely until I replaced the thermostat with a different make and model. Apparently it was no longer working in a compatible and reliable manner with the furnace board and had me fooled into thinking it was the furnace acting up. I will eventually reinstall the original board again just to test it to see if it needs to be discarded or still kept as a spare part now that it is running great again. While doing this I had discovered it also was acting as if the air intake pipe was restricted since it was running good with the door panel loosened a little so it would pass a little air through it. I increased the pipe size to 3 inch which is optional but preferred depending on the pipe length and number of bends. It was installed with a permit by a furnace contractor and did pass inspection by the city inspector with the smaller size pipe. This still did not help correct things so I inspected the inducer blower. I removed it to inspect and run it and determined it was still working fine but noticed the pressure port barely had a clear passage through it to the blower wheel from when it was plastic molded. I drilled out the excess plastic molding flash and it is now running good at 100% again with a tightly sealed door panel. The small restricted passage was more prone to a clog but it had still performed great for over ten years. For those who say their Goodman is junk --- Improper installation as well as a service person who cannot instantly diagnose a simple but uncommon problem can make someone refer to something as junk when nothing but dirt is the only problem and no parts are even needed. It sometimes just takes time to figure out an unusual problem that is intermittent and hard to diagnose that may not even require anything more than a persons time and patience to eventually correct.

Date created: 2016-12-18 Name: scott
Location: Kansas

"Not worth the scrap metal"
A total piece of junk landlord installed. Stopped working after 4 days.

Date created: 2016-12-12 Name: David Boyer
Location: Vancouver WA

"Goodman Furnace"
Less than a year old and the fan mount broke. It is 40 degrees out and the part has to be ordered from Spokane or Texas, we live in Vancouver, WA. Hopefully, the part will be here tomorrow. Never heard of Goodman before we purchased this new home, now I know why.

Date created: 2016-12-11 Name: Paul Ritchie
Location: Calgary, Alberta

"Don't Go There!"
Six days ago, we had our 25-year old unit replaced to avoid open ended repair bills. Huge mistake to buy Goodman (branded as Amana). This furnace will not kick into high-stage heat and throws error codes. Its -14f (-25c) out and the furnace cannot heat the house. Installer cannot fix it and they do not have the parts (expect they are special order). With furnace on continuously at low stage heat and with the gas fireplace on, house heats to about 64. So it's either fix the thing or replace it with another brand.

Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: Jeremy
Location: Aztec, NM

"Garbage"
This furnace is garbage. It's barely 4 years old. Have had nothing but trouble with this piece of crap. Everytime it breaks down I'm replacing parts. Like clockwork it goes down on weekends and holidays . If you're considering buying this brand don't. You will regret it.

Date created: 2016-11-22 Name: Angela
Location: Fostoria, Ohio

"Not suitable for Salons"
I'm on my second Goodman furnance. Got the second thinking that the other one was just a mishap with the flame sensor. No the second one does the same thing. Works when it wants to. Customers are always cold. Never runs efficiently. Going to have it switched as soon as I get the money to do so.

Date created: 2016-11-21 Name: Keith
Location: Western Kentucky

"Broke again"
Bought a Goodman furnace 3 yrs ago, had to have the repair out 5 times, twice second year, going into 3rd winter sitting here as we speak waiting on him, this thing is junk, didn't have this many calls on my old one.

Date created: 2016-11-05 Name: Sally Burnell
Location: Kent, OH

"Run away, don't buy this furnace!"
I rent a house with a Goodman furnace. Because my landlord lives out of state, I take care of all of the repairs to the place and take it off my rent. The Goodman furnace in this place is a worthless piece of crap. It's less than 10 years old and has broken down four times this year alone, leaving me shivering in this old century home. I'm sick of shelling out overtime charges for service calls (because the damn thing conveniently breaks down on holidays and weekends) and then having to explain to my landlord why I am taking so much off the rent. If you are even considering a Goodman furnace for your home, run, don't walk, away from even thinking about it. They're a worthless piece of s***.

Date created: 2016-06-22 Name: Troy

"Overall great service"
We had to replace our furnace in 2003. We have had it for almost 13 years and have had one service call because it would not heat our home. The repair was not complicated and was not expensive. Only one service call over 13 years is not bad.

Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: Port St. Lucie Fl

"My furnace has been great!"
I have had my furnace ever since we moved into our current location. I love that it is not loud, I have yet to have it fixed. I have not found anything that I don't like about it so far. I would recommend that others buy one because when you are not thinking about your furnace it usually means something is going right! The last thing you want to worry about is the furnace! I know that if I ever move and need to buy a new furnace I am going with a Goodman.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>