Consumer Reviews of GIBSON furnaces

Read more about GIBSON furnaces

Date created: 2008-02-16 Name: Leo Smith
Location: Iowa

Was in my home when I bought it. Has been nothing but problems - intermittant fan operation, pilot is VERY hard to reach when it blows out (which has happened 3 times so far this winter). I will be replacing it as soon as I can afford to, untill then relying more on space heaters than this hunk of junk.

Date created: 2008-01-16 Name: Patricia Flaten
Location: Princeton,MN

I moved into my brand new house in 2000, since then I replaced the blower after 2 years, have had to take a service contract out on the unit. It repeadly has had problems with lighting,grounding,pressure on switch,and intake of cold air. I would strongly recommend that no-one buy this product. Some times between the service technician and myself just a couple of bangs on the unit does the most good.

Date created: 2007-11-08 Name: Kenneth W. Kennedy
Location: Turnersville, N.J.

Would not start new out of the box. Required many service calls after installation for adjustments the first year. The second heating season the unit would not start. A gas valve was replaced and unit ran the second season. I had to pay for the repairs ( warranty ... what warranty ? ) The third heating season unit would not start. Gibson has not paid for any repairs, they offer no customer support and could care less if their unit is defective. JUNK !

Date created: 2007-11-04 Name: T.Greenwold
Location: Wisconsin

We had a Gibson furnace with central air installed in our new home. From the first heating season we have had nothing but problems. We replaced the main circuit board after the first season. We replaced the pressure switch multiple times. We have had to replace the igniter every fall. We are now looking at replacing this piece of junk with a quality furnace. As I type this review, the furnace is not running, it's 36 degrees outside and 64 in the house.

Date created: 2007-01-31 Name: L. Johnson

Not sure when this furnace was installed but we have been running it for five years and the only problem so far was the flame rod. Which was simply cleaned up and replaced. This is an induced draft model, 85.6% efficiantcy is what the badge says. all in all pretty satisfied so far.

Date created: 2006-09-20 Name: P. Pyper

I am very happy with my Gibson. It cools and heats my home quickly and efficiently. I have not had any trouble whatsoever with the unit. I can't say enough about how great it is!