Consumer Reviews of GIBSON furnaces

Read more about GIBSON furnaces

Date created: 2008-11-06 Name: Jack Babcock
Location: Fort Erie, Ontario

"Jack Babcock"
I would never have bought this furnace if I knew how noisy it is. It sounds like a plane taking off when it kicks in to heat mode. With the fan on continuously to circulate air, it sounds like our old furnace sounded when running under full load. Am very disappointed with this furnace as it is nowhere near what the Gibson claimed it would be. He claimed this was one of the quietest furnaces on the market, and we would be very happy with this unit after it was installed and up and running. How do you know when a salesman is lying? His lips are moving.....

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: Brad Fowler
Location: Elk Point, SD

"Furnace/ AC"
Had to put a new coil in after just 6 years! Would not buy another.

Date created: 2008-07-02 Name: L. David
Location: Marthasville, MO

"Gibson 92+ LP Gas"
I have had zero problems even though unit is in a 147 year old house, in a dirt floor cellar (unit is sitting on a “Quikcrete” concrete pad that I installed). Unit is not in an ideal environment with rock foundation and dirt floor that you also have to swing a broom around in front of you to knock down the cobwebs as you walk to the furnace. I have had the fan running 100% of the time since installation to keep temp equal throughout this old drafty house. I and my competent HVAC friend installed the system. With me doing the duct installation and him connecting and changing unit from Natural gas to LP gas. System paid for itself the first winter in gas cost savings. (The old furnace was 25+ years old and only 60% efficient when new). I think Gibson is a very good product, but like anything, it must be installed correctly.

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: Franklin Lee
Location: East Tawas, MI

"Gibson big problem"
Going on to my 4th circuit board. Design flaw? Installation flaw? I want to know. Condensate leaking on board from exhaust blower. Shorting out diodes etc.

Date created: 2008-04-30 Name: T Schutte
Location: Michigan

Absolutely the worst furnace I've known. Has just stopped working about 10 times in 2 winters. What good is a warranty on parts when I have to pay the labor? cheap, cheap, cheap. It's a builder's low-grade model and I'll be replacing it as soon as possible.

Date created: 2008-04-01 Name: TErickson
Location: Springfield, MO

As I was sitting here wondering why our stupid furnace wasn't working AGAIN--my husband and I read Patricia Flaten's review of her Gibson. My husband looked at me, walked to the utility closet, whacked on the dumb thing a few times and wala! It turned on! We've had repeated problems with this hunk of junk and vow to never own another Gibson again!

Date created: 2008-03-22 Name: Duane Z. Rykhus
Location: Minnesota

Furnace has worked well but also have same problem with flame rod have to clean it once a year.

Date created: 2008-03-12 Name: Jack Tooley
Location: Toledo, OH

This furnace sucks! Cheap - breaks down all the time!

Date created: 2008-03-11 Name: C.C.S

I have been installing gibson equipment for 7 years now and have not had any breakdowns or warranty repair on the sysytems that I have personally installed. I have gas furnaces with a/c in my parents, grandparents,and brothers house's and even put one in my last home during rehab work. Reliability of all hvac systems from any manufacturer comes down to quality of installation. I also work for a york dealer and would never install a york in any of my customers homes. I see alot of newer unit failure of all brands because of poor installation. Every manufacture produces a couple of bad units now and again. The biggest thing is how they stand behind their product to hepl the customer. New gibsons have a standard 5 year warranty, and when registered with Gibson that warranty gets extended to 10 years at no extra cost. If they sold bad equipment, then why warranty it for so long!!!

Date created: 2008-02-16 Name: Leo Smith
Location: Iowa

Was in my home when I bought it. Has been nothing but problems - intermittant fan operation, pilot is VERY hard to reach when it blows out (which has happened 3 times so far this winter). I will be replacing it as soon as I can afford to, untill then relying more on space heaters than this hunk of junk.