Consumer Reviews of GIBSON furnaces

Read more about GIBSON furnaces

Date created: 2010-01-26 Name: J. L.

"Great Purchase"
I had my Gibson installed in September and had been worried because of all the mixed reviews. Please don't worry about this furnace. We have had many days in the low teens this winter and I have nothing but great things to say about it. I use to have a Clare Brothers furnace in my house and had nothing but trouble with it. They give a great warranty with the Gibson also. Lifetime for the heat exchanger and 10 years on all other parts. I think the people that have trouble with their furnace just hired the wrong contractor. The contractor I hired did a great job... neat work and took the time to explain the entire furnace to me. We have been having temps way below normal this winter and the furnace has worked great. The house has never been this comfortable since I lived in here and that's been 25 years. Don't be afraid of this furnace. I don't lie and I don't work for Gibson of any installer. Trust me.

Date created: 2010-01-08 Name: notgibson

"Gibson ha ha"
I admit mine is 7 years old but it won't get any older except in the dump since day one. The dam thing has given me nothing but problems especially the coldest days of the year. Like tonight, hit a couple of times and solve the problem. You can guarantee the piece will be out the door the end of the week and as long as I live you will never see one in my house.

Date created: 2009-12-08 Name: K. Lallouet

"No more sleep"
I had a Gibson high efficiency furnace installed in November of this year. My old furnace was more than 30 years old. This new furnace is so loud that it wakes me up when it starts. Even when the burner ignites, I can hear it. It is a two stage and the second stage is twice as loud as the first. I would not recommend it at all.

Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: T&M heating , Mcdonough , Georgia

"Gibson Gas furnace"
Brand new system , blower would come on but never lite up and red flash light keep flashing. Gibson furnace is Piece of Sh_t. Never buy this product ever.

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: Gail Y Smith

"Not a good piece of eqipment"
I purchased my house in 12/07.It was brand new. In Jan 08 and June 08 I had problems with the unit. I am now facing the replacement of the blower fan and wiring. The system was put in the house new and I bought the house new. The company is not supportive and will only warrenty parts. Do not buy a home warrenty they are not supporting the repair either. I now have to pay $700.00 out of pocket to have heat in my home this winter. For a two year old furnace! I am sure after reading lots of these reviews that this unit should be recalled.

Date created: 2009-08-15 Name: arlene

"Just bought home w/gibson furnace"
We are purchasing a home with a gibson electric furnace and a lennox a/c unit. first the a/c unit looks old and found out its a 1996 model. the furnace looks great but can not find any information anywhere about the furnace. the owner of the home bought both systems together for $7000.00 and was told they were brand new, its obvious the a/c is not. please help need honest to god truth on both units because if not a good unit will back out of buying house. please help w/ thuth on gidson electric furnace model #gb5bm-t30k-b and lennox a/c unit serial # 5896g02821 we know the a/c is a 2 1/2 ton unit and 1996 model.....help

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: Don Tyrakowski

"Very unhappy"
Had this combo unit 4 months was installed 4-18-09 ac went out.installer came out (2 days after the fact)it worked for 1 more day and went down again on my daughters birthday (with a house full of family)installer blew off my phone calls until I showed up on his doorstep(his house)came back out said he had to order board.icalled him back he said it is not the board and it is the blower motor and its under recall.3 days later no ac and no return call. unreliable product unreliable service

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: Jen Boverhof

"New furnace and A/C"
I have put them in all my rentals over the last three years I have had my contractor install 7 systems and no problems. In my house I have the 95% two stage and I like it very quite.

Date created: 2009-08-08 Name: D. O'Brien

"Gibson a/c"
People, the components used are common to several brands, 9 chances out of 10 the units were not installed properly. Research your contractor and get everything in writing.

Date created: 2009-08-01 Name: L J

"Gibson is Crapola"
$1500 down the drain. Bought Gibson just two years ago and now does not work. Have already spent $1000 this year on repairs and buying smaller units. Do not buy Gibson!