Consumer Reviews of GIBSON furnaces

Read more about GIBSON furnaces

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: Frank H.
Location: Omaha NE.

"Maintenace Technician"
The furnace for the most part works well, but I have had the same part fail twice. I have owned this unit for five years, the pressure switch has caused all of my woes. It hasn't cost me any out of pocket money, but it has been a pain in the rear-end. It never fails during the week, always on the weekend when the part supplier is closed so I have to band-aid it up till monday. I installed the unit as a combo, furnace & air conditioner. Air conditioner works flawlessly.

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: NOT Gibson
Location: London ON

"Owned 2 years"
Bought furnace in 2008 and have had nothing but problems with it.After repeated service calls I have spent another $900.00 on getting it fixed and going through days of no heat.NO one seemed to know what was wrong with it at first. I was told that this is unusual for this furnace but obviously from the other comments this is pure lies. I will NOT recommend this furnace to anyone!!! I am waiting to hear from the supplier.
Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: Martin L Bilodeau

"Nordyne Model#KDG060112394"
This furnace/air conditioner has been a nightmare since its installation of the fall of /06. Constant problems have occurred every year. Good luck in getting custumer service through their suppliers.
Date created: 2010-09-25 Name: G Petersen

"On going problems"
This is becoming very frustating. We have had the guy out a total of six times since we bought the furnace 2/2010 and it still doesn't work. Now we are told Nordyne new they had an electical issue snd it sounds as if the installer is bringing someone from the company. I would not recommend a Gibson !!!!
Date created: 2010-09-04 Name: G Petersen

"Not satisfied"
Had the furnace installed 2/10. It worked fine for a few months. then it would not light the burners. Had the installer come out wiggled a few wires and it worked. You guessed it, it quit again, the guy came out and ajusted the gas valve. It worked good again. I turned it on today to make sure it was working, nope, again would not fire the burners. They are now coming out and replacing the board. The installers are not happy either they say they usually have had good luck with the Gibson guess we got a lemon.
Date created: 2010-06-13 Name: Temperature Control (Bill)

"I am a contractor"
I have been installing Nordyne/Gibson as my second line for 16 years in the Philadelphia area. My primary line is Lennox. As a contractor, I can tell you we don't want to install products that are going to cause us aggravation, expense, or give us a bad name. In 16 years, I've had one failed compressor in a Gibson heat pump, and a leak in an 'A' coil. That's it. Never a furnace problem, never one other problem on any other Nordyne equipment - heating or cooling. These days all brands that wish to be in the global market must meet ISO standards in quality and manufacturing. (Yes, even Goodman - formerly Janitrol...) They are ALL decent. Get it? (except some of the crap I am seeing come in from China - the communist Chinese cheat, on equipment, medicine, food, and other products.) The Contractors who have, or can't solve these problems are LOSERS. I repair bad installations on HVAC, tankless water heaters, and a variety of mechanical equipment and systems regularly. Trust me, the majority of contractors are not fully competent. The others simply don't read the instructions, which itself is a form of incompetence. (By the way, did you take that unbelievably low price?) Lastly, the vast majority of components across all brands of equipment are supplied by the same manufacturers. The HVAC OEMs make the coils, heat exchangers, and cabinets, and assemble the units. The other parts are all outsourced to companies like Copeland, Invensys (Ranco, Robertshaw, etc), Honeywell, White-Rogers, Sporlan, Danfoss, Parker, Alco, Emerson, Maxitrol, Klixon, and a host of others. 99.9% of cases, the problem is YOUR CONTRACTOR. Bill
Date created: 2010-04-23 Name: B. Gilmore

"Gibson Furnace/Heat Pump"
A lemon!!! I've had 4 different repair services to work on it and replaced parts. No one can make it work properly. The manufacturer, Nordyne, refuses to acknowledge there is a problem and suggests we hire more technicians. Do not buy Gibson products or from Nordyne. Nordyne is extremely unhelpful and uncooperative.
Date created: 2010-03-12 Name: M. DeClark

"NOT HAPPY"
I have own this furnace for almost 3 years and I have been getting the run around for the last 2 weeks. The furnace stopped working. I called the supplier. They said it was my heat exchanger and I am still waiting for the part. It has been 2 weeks without heat in the middle of winter. Guess, they really care about their customers.
Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: C. Kurowski

"Gibson Heat Pump"
3rd service call in the past year. A true lemon.
Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: Pamela Scolforo

"Homeowner"
We bought a new construction home the furnace was in. Had nothing but trouble with this furnace since day one. Put in way over $2500 on this furnace. Had several repair men who are qualified Gibson repair men could not find problem. They would call the company and tell them to replace parts. Still, it did not work properly. One representative said they were having trouble with this model. When I called and complained, not interested. Recommending to friends and family not to go with any products that Nordyne sells. Also going on sites to post my complaints.