Consumer Reviews of GIBSON furnaces

Read more about GIBSON furnaces

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: Martin L Bilodeau

"Nordyne Model#KDG060112394"
This furnace/air conditioner has been a nightmare since its installation of the fall of /06. Constant problems have occurred every year. Good luck in getting custumer service through their suppliers.

Date created: 2010-09-25 Name: G Petersen

"On going problems"
This is becoming very frustating. We have had the guy out a total of six times since we bought the furnace 2/2010 and it still doesn't work. Now we are told Nordyne new they had an electical issue snd it sounds as if the installer is bringing someone from the company. I would not recommend a Gibson !!!!

Date created: 2010-09-04 Name: G Petersen

"Not satisfied"
Had the furnace installed 2/10. It worked fine for a few months. then it would not light the burners. Had the installer come out wiggled a few wires and it worked. You guessed it, it quit again, the guy came out and ajusted the gas valve. It worked good again. I turned it on today to make sure it was working, nope, again would not fire the burners. They are now coming out and replacing the board. The installers are not happy either they say they usually have had good luck with the Gibson guess we got a lemon.

Date created: 2010-06-13 Name: Temperature Control (Bill)

"I am a contractor"
I have been installing Nordyne/Gibson as my second line for 16 years in the Philadelphia area. My primary line is Lennox. As a contractor, I can tell you we don't want to install products that are going to cause us aggravation, expense, or give us a bad name. In 16 years, I've had one failed compressor in a Gibson heat pump, and a leak in an 'A' coil. That's it. Never a furnace problem, never one other problem on any other Nordyne equipment - heating or cooling. These days all brands that wish to be in the global market must meet ISO standards in quality and manufacturing. (Yes, even Goodman - formerly Janitrol...) They are ALL decent. Get it? (except some of the crap I am seeing come in from China - the communist Chinese cheat, on equipment, medicine, food, and other products.) The Contractors who have, or can't solve these problems are LOSERS. I repair bad installations on HVAC, tankless water heaters, and a variety of mechanical equipment and systems regularly. Trust me, the majority of contractors are not fully competent. The others simply don't read the instructions, which itself is a form of incompetence. (By the way, did you take that unbelievably low price?) Lastly, the vast majority of components across all brands of equipment are supplied by the same manufacturers. The HVAC OEMs make the coils, heat exchangers, and cabinets, and assemble the units. The other parts are all outsourced to companies like Copeland, Invensys (Ranco, Robertshaw, etc), Honeywell, White-Rogers, Sporlan, Danfoss, Parker, Alco, Emerson, Maxitrol, Klixon, and a host of others. 99.9% of cases, the problem is YOUR CONTRACTOR. Bill

Date created: 2010-04-23 Name: B. Gilmore

"Gibson Furnace/Heat Pump"
A lemon!!! I've had 4 different repair services to work on it and replaced parts. No one can make it work properly. The manufacturer, Nordyne, refuses to acknowledge there is a problem and suggests we hire more technicians. Do not buy Gibson products or from Nordyne. Nordyne is extremely unhelpful and uncooperative.

Date created: 2010-03-12 Name: M. DeClark

"NOT HAPPY"
I have own this furnace for almost 3 years and I have been getting the run around for the last 2 weeks. The furnace stopped working. I called the supplier. They said it was my heat exchanger and I am still waiting for the part. It has been 2 weeks without heat in the middle of winter. Guess, they really care about their customers.

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: C. Kurowski

"Gibson Heat Pump"
3rd service call in the past year. A true lemon.

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: Pamela Scolforo

"Homeowner"
We bought a new construction home the furnace was in. Had nothing but trouble with this furnace since day one. Put in way over $2500 on this furnace. Had several repair men who are qualified Gibson repair men could not find problem. They would call the company and tell them to replace parts. Still, it did not work properly. One representative said they were having trouble with this model. When I called and complained, not interested. Recommending to friends and family not to go with any products that Nordyne sells. Also going on sites to post my complaints.

Date created: 2010-02-23 Name: T. Shearer

"GIBSON GOOD PRODUCT"
I have read the reviews and the negative ones. All have the same underlying issue, bad installation from a sub par contractor. The Gibson 95 2 stage equipment I have installed is quiet and has caused me no trouble. The contractor walked me through the whole installation; Blower set up - why its essential for air flow and noise levels Burner set up - why it has to be set up to meet the advertised efficiency and burn clean Two stage operation - when the two stage would come on and how long and why that occurs and the efficiency on each stage Duct changes - he explained why duct changes were necessary - like improved noise and air flow warranty - 10 year parts and quality pledge - I called the supplier and they back the equipment locally with the support of the manufacturer and had nothing but praise for the manufacturers support etc. I bought an annual service contract - my contractor explained all the dirt and contaminants in the air will effect the equipments operation and efficiency unless it is properly cleaned every year He went through everything and I was left with no questions. His work was straight, he left the house cleaner tan it was before, in fact he really seemed to care about our home and our family. We recently bought an hrv from the same contractors and was as thorough with that sale. I think the Gibson product is good and I have had no trouble. If you buy a furnace or air conditioner from someone who doesn't care, does not have the proper training, does it as a sideline or you buy strictly on price, the problems you have, could have been avoided with some research about the contractor. Spend your money wisely.

Date created: 2010-01-26 Name: J. L.

"Great Purchase"
I had my Gibson installed in September and had been worried because of all the mixed reviews. Please don't worry about this furnace. We have had many days in the low teens this winter and I have nothing but great things to say about it. I use to have a Clare Brothers furnace in my house and had nothing but trouble with it. They give a great warranty with the Gibson also. Lifetime for the heat exchanger and 10 years on all other parts. I think the people that have trouble with their furnace just hired the wrong contractor. The contractor I hired did a great job... neat work and took the time to explain the entire furnace to me. We have been having temps way below normal this winter and the furnace has worked great. The house has never been this comfortable since I lived in here and that's been 25 years. Don't be afraid of this furnace. I don't lie and I don't work for Gibson of any installer. Trust me.