Consumer Reviews of GIBSON furnaces

Read more about GIBSON furnaces

Date created: 2016-01-08 Name: Biljana Uzelac
Location: Toronto, Canada

" Do not purchase - terrible furnace, no support in Canada"
We had the furnace installed by the insurance company after a flood in our house in 2011. The furnace keeps loosing pressure and restarting itself multiple times ( 10-15 times every 10-15 seconds) and can't reach the set temperature of 22 degrees C. So far we've had at least a dozen repair men from different companies trying to fix it without success. It is impossible to find any support from Gibson in the Toronto area and the person who installed it does not return his calls. Gibson has no support in Canada and it is all in all a very miserable experience.

Date created: 2015-08-27 Location: oil city pa

"Gibson Gas Furnace 108000 btu runs very quiet and is very efficeint"
I purchased my Gibson 108,000 BTU gas furnace 9 months ago and it has been running very well to date. I like the fact that it is compact in size yet very powerful. It also has a high efficiency rating, so I enjoy the fact that I was able to use PVC pipe for the exhaust pipe. So far I don't have any complaints as it is running very efficiently and the cycles are within normal range. During the winter months my house was very comfortable. Also I am really amazed at how quiet this furnace is. Even in the basement where it is located it sounds quiet and smooth. It has a nice blue gas flame too. I would purchase this one again as the price of my Gibson furnace was very reasonable and beat out the competition by quite a bit.

Date created: 2014-10-03 Name: Richard E Hubbard
Location: Chantilly, VA

"Good, sound equipment"
I have a dual system in my home, both a heat pump and gas furnace. They have been installed now for six years and both are running great. So far, I have not had one part replaced. I find if you have regular maintenance performed each season, the equipment will take care of itself.

Date created: 2013-12-08 Name: Dan
Location: Iowa

"Gibson Products No Thanks"
I was using gibson and frigidaire for a second line, even installed one in a relatives house. On startup the compressor on a/c was about the loudest I've heard on an old one. Tech support came out and gave it a listen and said well it's under warranty. I told him I wanted a new one. Nope, it works. Well not for long 2 years later a new a/c,,, no labor allowance or refrigerant. A 2 year old furnace heat exchanger had big holes in it. I had to call Florida then St Louis and they said take it to this place and they'd warranty it. I said I'm standing in there place right now. Finally I took it to the downtown branch and they charged me $ 750 deposit while they decided to warranty it or not. My supply house quit selling these so I was stuck going to the other one. As far as the poor dealers installing them, Trane must be able to take their abuse, because they don't have near the problems.

Date created: 2013-03-18 Name: Amy
Location: MI

"Worthless Piece of ****"
This Gibson furnace is only 8 years old and we started having problems with it less than 2 years old. I have always heard to stay away from this brand, but was put into our new construction home without our knowledge. Looks like we will be replacing this piece of junk real soon. Repair person is here at least 3 times per year trying to get it to fire.

Date created: 2011-12-03 Name: Cory Youngblood
Location: Amarillo, TX

"Worthless Piece of Crap"
I will never buy anything from this useless company again. I've paid so much in repairs on it the last four years. I could have bought a new Lennox unit. It's CONSTANT.

Date created: 2011-05-31 Name: O. Prokopie
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

"A Piece of Junk"
We purchased this furnace on Nov 8, 2008 and have had nothing but problems replacing motors, sensors for a total of $740.00 in repairs and service calls. Many of the problems have been under warranty, but the service calls are doubling in price with each call. The distributor and installer are not taking responsibility for the repairs being placed in the furnace and are making unreasonable excuses as to why the furnace fails to work. The next time the furnace fails to work, we will have no choice but to replace it with another more reliable furnace - one that is more reliable than the Gibson we have now. The Gibson will be placed on the front lawn to display to the public that this furnace is not reliable and a warning for public to beware in purchasing this furnace.

Date created: 2011-03-03 Name: Andy Nodolski
Location: williamstown, nj

"Big waste of money"
My Gibson Furnace is only 5 years old. I have had it repaired once under warranty and 6 times NOT under warranty. I caould have bought a new furnace again for the amount I spend fixing it! BIG piece of junk!

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: J. Brede
Location: Southern, NH

"Heat Exchanger Bad after 6 years"
We have a Gibson Aprilaire 2-Zone comfort Control Furnace by Nordyne. The heat exchanger went on a Wednesday afternoon. After having difficulty finding a dealer who could service the appliance, the Gibson distributors in our area did not have the part needed. We were told the earliest Nordyne could get the part to us would be Monday. Since we live in NH and it's February with a storm on the way, we contacted Nordyne directly. Their customer service leaves nothing to be desired. They could have cared less that we have two small children and will have no heat with temps in the single digits. They were unwilling to assist in getting the part here any sooner and reminded us that their policy was to cover the part and not the shipping. After informing them that if they were to take their car in for servicing while it is still under warrenty, they would not expect to have to pay shipping for the part to fix it, nor would they be charged. Their reply was that this was "their policy". After much run around, bottom line is: Overnight shipping of the part is almost $400, 2-day (for Monday delivery) is around $200. We need to pay for the shipping, the install and for the part at a total cost of approximately $1250. We will be reimbursed later for the warrented part after Nordyne deems it appropriate and gives approval. In the interim, our home will have no heat aside from a gas firepace for almost 5 days and is at risk for freezing pipes. Customer service is poor. Distributors do not carry parts because they do not want to pay shipping charges as well as costs associated with warehousing and inventory. If this product was not under warrenty, we would seek out another brand. Also, in the future, because of poor customer service, we will not consider their other products. This company makes many on the market including Maytag and Frigidaire. For a list of other products, check out Nordyne's website. Buyer beware.

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: MIke

"HVAC INSTALLER/SERVICE TECHNICAIN OPINION"
I have been servicing and installing all brands of equipment for over 13 years. I have seen multiple problems with ALL brands of equipment. Most of the problems are from bad product design, untrained installers, poor installation, lack of regular maintenace, under sized ductwork, oversizing equipment, builders and customers going with the lowest price to save money. I opened my busniess in 2008 and I install Maytag and Gibson products, I have had very good response from my loyal customers about these products. I have also installed Gibson brand equipment in my friends homes, I would not have if I didn't believe in this product.*Find a HVAC contractor that you feel comfortable with and get atleast 3 estimates from contractors that sell the same brand equipment.