Consumer Reviews of GENERAL ELECTRIC furnaces

Read more about GENERAL ELECTRIC furnaces

Date created: 2015-08-31 Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"A furnace that keeps me warm in the winter"
I love my General Electric furnace. I have owned it since I moved into my townhouse 11 years ago. I like that it has a temperature control at all times of the day. I set my temperature 3 different times per day. I set it for 6am, 3pm and 10pm in the.winter. There is nothing I dislike about it because.my furnace has.been very dependable. It has not needed repairing so far, knock on wood. I would definitely buy General Electric again if I needed to because of it working very well. I would also recommend it to a friend or neighbor. It could be very beneficial to them because of it working well for over 10 years. I hope to have my General Electric furnace for many years to come. I also.am going to write a letter to General Electric to let them know how happy I am with my furnace.

Date created: 2014-10-18 Name: N.Johnson
Location: Solon, OH

"Great furnace"
I bought an old house 3 years ago. Many things had to be replaced. But I don't complain about the furnace. This furnace is very old - 1960 - and yes, not very efficient. But all that I needed to do was replace the filter.

Date created: 2013-04-07 Name: W. Scott
Location: Cadillac, MI

"General Electric Model21lg"
It's old and inefficient, but my 1961 furnace is still humming along 50+ years later. Since I've had my home for 12 years, the only things I have had to replace on it is the thermocouple and a blower motor.

Date created: 2010-01-03 Name: D.E. Cameron
Location: No. California

"My GE Furnace"
I bought a tract home (new) in July of 79. The contractor used GE natural gas furnaces & A/C throughout the subdivision. I just replaced the furnace on 12-31-09. Although inefficient, this furnace never had a repair issue. 30 yrs. of service! I replaced it with a Trane xb single stage unit. My home is in No. Calif & 1750 sq.ft. The A/C unit outside, as of last summer still works like the day it was new. It has never been recharged. I live 30 miles west of Sacramento, so we get plenty of heat in the summer. I keep saying this summer it will go, but hasn't yet. The phrase "they don't make them, like they used to" applies here gang.

Date created: 2009-10-06 Name: Jenny Yeagle

"Old GE furnace"
I bought this house 2 years ago. Have had extensive work done on both the ac and now the furnace does not work. The 1976 model furnace I think probably is doomed, but the kicker is that when you call ge they say they do not work on furnaces. They sell them but do not fix their own product. That sends up a red flag to me.

Date created: 2008-12-02 Name: J. Abbott
Location: Tulsa, OK

"GE Furnace unkown model"
This was original with the house in 1978. Never had an issue with it. I'm pretty lazy about changing the filter as well. It just works and my house is very well insulated so with a gas bill at worst about 150 when the price was up and the temp low in Oklahoma its hard to justify replacing. However my A/C, also original is getting a little temperamental but still works. Overall the 30 year old GE stuff is almost unstoppable but I think the efficiency may be low compared to the new stuff but my bills aren't that bad. Like the other guy that reviewed GE its not so bad to be a little inefficient as long as it keeps working.

Date created: 2007-10-10 Name: pwilco
Location: Oregon

House was built in 1983, original furnace. I've never had a problem - other than the extremely tedious filter changing process - and the previous owners of 5 yrs said the same. However, the unit is now old and inefficient. We were recently out the country for an extened period and shut off the gas. When the gas company came back out to turn it back on they would not light the furnace saying it was a hazard. Well, so is freezing to death so I lit and am now looking for a new one. ...but all in all, not bad considering the horrible experiences I've been reading about for newer more efficient furnces... sheesh.