Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire furnaces

Read more about Frigidaire furnaces

Date created: 2011-07-14 Name: Murray
Location: Tillsonburg

"New furnace"
Our new furnace is great. So quiet we can sleep know.our old furnace was 25 years old and the fuel savings ar huge. No problems with unit at all and very happy with the contractor.

Date created: 2011-04-27 Name: Bren
Location: Ontario

"Great furnace great contractor"
The Frigidaire FG7TC 05 percent furnace I had installed has saved me a ton of money. I replaced another furnace that was 5 years old and I had nothing but trouble with it. My frigidaire contractor showed me the installation errors in my old system. He fixed those issues installed the new Frigidaire furnace and I have been happy ever since. I am so happy I just changed old air conditioner with a new Frigidaire unit. Thanks Gerard

Date created: 2011-04-03 Name: Bailey
Location: BC Canada

"Absolute Junk"
Purchased Frigidaire 2 stage furnace/AC unit May 2010. A/C ran approx. 2 wks., then required recharging of refrigerant. When seasonal temperatures dropped in Nov, the service rep was out again to replace a faulty ignitor. In Jan. of this year the blower motor seized and was 3 days to acquire and install a replacement motor. As I write this, I am trying to locate the service rep once again to diagnose a new issue with this unit as the fan starts out on low speed as per normal, but high speed will not kick in. If anyone is considering a Frigidaire furnace, keep shopping. Very disappointed with quality and will never buy this brand ever.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: joyce
Location: Collinsville IL

"No Worth It"
One year my unit could not keep up with the heat. Then the flame sensor was bad. Now I am searching for a pressure switch, because I have to whack the thing to come on. GCRA Series 80

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: Peggy
Location: Nebraska

"Buyer Beware"
In December 2010 I had a 2-stage, variable speed Frigidaire gas furnace installed. I've hated it since it was installed. I was told I would love it, very quiet etc. I find the furnace when running to be noisy and if it has to ramp up to full efficiency it sounds like a plane taking off in the house. There is a loud banging noise when the furnace shuts off and the installers told me it was the electric brake in the motor. I don't know if it is because my house is small (800 sq ft) and the furnace is in a open utility room and that is why I can hear every noise the furnace makes throughout the house. You spend a lot of money on a furnace and would expect to get what the company advertises - quiet comfort. Don't believe everything. Extremely disappointed.

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: Peggy
Location: Nebraska

"Buyer Beware"
In December 2010 I had a 2-stage, variable speed Frigidaire gas furnace installed. I've hated it since it was installed. I was told I would love it, very quiet etc. I find the furnace when running to be noisy and if it has to ramp up to full efficiency it sounds like a plane taking off in the house. There is a loud banging noise when the furnace shuts off and the installers told me it was the electric brake in the motor. I don't know if it is because my house is small (800 sq ft) and the furnace is in a open utility room that is why I can hear every noise throughout the house. You spend a lot of money on a furnace and would expect to get what the company advertises - quiet comfort. Don't believe everything. Extremely disappointed.

Date created: 2010-12-10 Name: John Barksdale
Location: Orlando Florida

"Excellent all around"
Very quiet, trouble free operation.

Date created: 2010-10-19 Name: L.Nelson
Location: Iowa

"Burned out"
Had frigidaire furnace installed 6 years ago had to have it repaired every single year. the ignitor goes out all the time and motor was replaced last year. This year we don't really no what is wrong the certified repair man is in our basement right now trying to figure it out. I wish I could afford to have it replace with something more reliable.

Date created: 2010-05-07 Name: John Brennan

"Very happy"
I am extremely happy with the Frigidaire furnace and air conditioner in my house. The product is quiet and has trouble free operation. I have had 4 new furnace and A/C installs in homes I have purchased over the last 10-years, three of them were Frigidaire. One thing I learned is the importance of getting the proper contractor to do the install. I went cheap on one job and it ended up costing a lot of money and heartache. It was the poor install that cost me. Frigidaire is a great product.

Date created: 2010-04-04 Name: Mike

"Making big noice when it runs"
I have installed a high eff. unit 5 year ago. It is very noisy when it runs.