Consumer Reviews of Frigidaire furnaces

Read more about Frigidaire furnaces

Date created: 2015-02-11 Name: H NOVAK
Location: Maryland

"Parts keep needing replacing"
Poor quality parts and a poor warranty. I found out that the warranty only covers parts, not labor - that requires another policy I didn't know I needed to buy. I replaced the circuit board 3 times but it cost me $450 for labor. The warranty department wasn't concerned that they have so many poor quality parts that needed to be replaced.

Date created: 2014-10-01 Name: C batten
Location: Peterborough, Ontario

"Solid product"
I had my Frigidaire furnace installed in 2008. I have never had a warranty and I only see the contractor every fall for a cleaning. Good product installed by a good contractor equals no worries.

Date created: 2013-12-13 Name: Donna Hall
Location: Lexington, NE

"Furnace"
This furnace has been installed since Nov. 19Th. It runs all the time - night and day. What on earth is the matter with it?

Date created: 2013-11-19 Name: R. Dobson
Location: Vernon, BC

"Terrible"
Junk. Installed a 2-stage variable speed, high efficiency furnace in 2007. 1 month later, it is needed a new circuit board. Required servicing in 2012 because the flame would not come on. Worked for another year and now the same problem. A previous reviewer stated it was in the contractor you hired who install the furnace, he is totally mistaken. The problems I have experienced and the problems I am reading here are all about the unit itself, such as circuit boards, blower units, pressure switches are things the contractor doesn't even touch when installing your furnace.

Date created: 2013-07-15 Name: JO
Location: texas

"Awesome, Reliable"
Very quiet and efficient unit, like always with this type of thing is the installer. Everything is triple checked at factories and yet people still blame the equipment. Believe me, when I say there is nothing wrong with this brand. Been around a long time and I love it. !!!! PEOPLE DON'T BE CHEAP, PAY A LITTLE MORE FOR A QUALITY CONTRACTOR. THE CORRECT INSTALLATION MAKES THE DIFFERENCE. HOPE THIS HELPS !!!

Date created: 2013-01-26 Name: dave
Location: mass

"Vibration"
No matter what I do I cannot get rid of this vibration. ECM motor, changed blower wheel, done static test as well. Still vibrating. Very annoying.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: K. Ciniglio
Location: Montgomery, TX

"Useless"
This was a brand new unit when we moved into our home 5 years ago. First the a/c went out and 5 months later the furnace. Of course it was just months after the 5 year warranty expired. The motor burned and could not replace the top portion, they only sell it as a whole. So, I either pay $900 to fix it with a one year warranty or 1,900 to replace with a Trane and a 10 year warranty? It's obvious I replaced the piece of poop that came with the home. Frigidaire may make other appliances worth the money, but stay out of heating and a/c!

Date created: 2012-09-02 Name: Don Peters
Location: Michigan

"What a Difference"
I had a new frigidaire furnace and a lot of ductwork installed just in time for winter last year. Prior to the furnace installation, I was heating my 2 story cabin solely with a woodstove. I wasn't sure what to expect from a furnace in this home (never had one) but when we turned it on for the first time, I couldn't believe how quickly and quietly it heated every room. My heating contractor did a great job, my furnace runs perfect and has a 10 year warranty just in case. Now, I am looking forward to another heating season instead of gathering wood, I'll have my furnace cleaned so I am ready to go!

Date created: 2012-02-24 Name: Bernadette
Location: Berkley MI

"Furnace Inquiry re: Noise Factor"
Please help.....I Just had installed a frigerdaire furnace 3 days ago and already had the service man out. When furnace shuts down there is a somewhat loud humming noise that is annoying. Contractor says this is normal, and I say I don't think it is. Anyone have this same problem.

Date created: 2011-08-22 Name: Mary McCloud
Location: San Francisco, CA

"20/20 Hindsight"
I purchased a Frigidaire heater several years ago when my contractor recommended it. Frigidaire should have stuck with making refrigerators. I have had to call for service 3 times and getting warranty service was horrible. Would not recommend.