Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2008-12-04 Name: vahid
Location: Syracuse, NY

"Central ny"
I love this furnace.no problems at all.runs ok,quiet.i am very happy with it.

Date created: 2008-12-04 Name: Adrienne McKinnon
Location: Hope, BC, Canada

"DUCANE Furnace"
Bought brand new house thinking that we will not have any issues...well guess again! After only three years this Ducane furnace is not working and try to find warranty info on it is impossible. None of their documents have contact info anywhere.

Date created: 2008-12-03 Name: Cindy Lee
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

"As a heat pump it stinks!"
The unit came with the house. The a/c part seems to work just fine, but as a heat pump it really stinks. My electic is going up and up. I will find another heater. And get rid of this thing as soon as possible.

Date created: 2008-10-31 Name: C. Simpson
Location: Champaign, IL

"Ducane"
Have had nothing but problems with this unit. I would not recommend this unit.

Date created: 2008-04-27 Name: Stealth
Location: Morgan Hill, CA

Purchased a new Ducane 92% efficient furnace and love it. Extremely quite and it keeps the house a constant temperature. Our old system was expensive to operate, so we manually turned it on and off. This new Ducane is energy efferent so we let it do the work keeping our family warm. The Ducane is also a lot smaller than the old furnace.

Date created: 2008-04-14 Name: D. Terry
Location: Louisa, VA

Very unsatisfied. We've been having problems ever since we got it. We had someone to come out twice and even told us there's a defect in the product. We call Ducane Corp. and they said they weren't going to fix it. Now we are stuck with a unit and only been in our new home for a year. Not happy at all. Do not purchase this unit. Poor customer service.

Date created: 2008-02-23 Name: D. Zepp
Location: Westminster, MD

Purchased 2 (1 1/2) ton heat pumps, within one week the reversing valve would not change for defrost and kept freezing up,, within 4 months the reversing valve on the other unit went into defrost and would not go back into heat,, fighting with the dealer and factory for new units.

Date created: 2008-02-17 Name: Mark A. Wood
Location: Sylacauga, Al

I bought one last may.I have had all kinds of problems with the unit.The last problem was the fan motor locked up.

Date created: 2007-07-02 Name: John O'Dowd
Location: Maynard, MA

I had a new Ducane oil burning furnace installed back in '98 (don't know model # at this time). I was told it was comparable to a Trane, that there was no difference. I had it serviced every year. I started having trouble with it a couple years ago. The technician said the blower motor was trashed and had to be replaced. Last year the controller pc board died, and the tech couldn't find a replacement because Ducane changed the board and did NOT make it backwards compatible to older units like mine. He found a used board off an old unit. Now the pc board and the transformer are dead, and I'm being told its best just to buy a whole new furnace. If I do, it won't be a Ducane!

Date created: 2007-04-15 Name: G.Carson

I have owned this great little furnace, 92%AFUE 50,000 BTU for over 3.5 yrs. It has never given me a problem. This is certainly proof that it is not really the brand of furnace that you purchase, it the quality of installation & set-up that matter. I would highly recommend a firm in Winnipeg called "HEAT PLUS" they did a top notch professional job.