Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2008-02-17 Name: Mark A. Wood
Location: Sylacauga, Al

I bought one last may.I have had all kinds of problems with the unit.The last problem was the fan motor locked up.

Date created: 2007-07-02 Name: John O'Dowd
Location: Maynard, MA

I had a new Ducane oil burning furnace installed back in '98 (don't know model # at this time). I was told it was comparable to a Trane, that there was no difference. I had it serviced every year. I started having trouble with it a couple years ago. The technician said the blower motor was trashed and had to be replaced. Last year the controller pc board died, and the tech couldn't find a replacement because Ducane changed the board and did NOT make it backwards compatible to older units like mine. He found a used board off an old unit. Now the pc board and the transformer are dead, and I'm being told its best just to buy a whole new furnace. If I do, it won't be a Ducane!

Date created: 2007-04-15 Name: G.Carson

I have owned this great little furnace, 92%AFUE 50,000 BTU for over 3.5 yrs. It has never given me a problem. This is certainly proof that it is not really the brand of furnace that you purchase, it the quality of installation & set-up that matter. I would highly recommend a firm in Winnipeg called "HEAT PLUS" they did a top notch professional job.