Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2008-04-14 Name: D. Terry
Location: Louisa, VA

Very unsatisfied. We've been having problems ever since we got it. We had someone to come out twice and even told us there's a defect in the product. We call Ducane Corp. and they said they weren't going to fix it. Now we are stuck with a unit and only been in our new home for a year. Not happy at all. Do not purchase this unit. Poor customer service.

Date created: 2008-02-23 Name: D. Zepp
Location: Westminster, MD

Purchased 2 (1 1/2) ton heat pumps, within one week the reversing valve would not change for defrost and kept freezing up,, within 4 months the reversing valve on the other unit went into defrost and would not go back into heat,, fighting with the dealer and factory for new units.

Date created: 2008-02-17 Name: Mark A. Wood
Location: Sylacauga, Al

I bought one last may.I have had all kinds of problems with the unit.The last problem was the fan motor locked up.

Date created: 2007-07-02 Name: John O'Dowd
Location: Maynard, MA

I had a new Ducane oil burning furnace installed back in '98 (don't know model # at this time). I was told it was comparable to a Trane, that there was no difference. I had it serviced every year. I started having trouble with it a couple years ago. The technician said the blower motor was trashed and had to be replaced. Last year the controller pc board died, and the tech couldn't find a replacement because Ducane changed the board and did NOT make it backwards compatible to older units like mine. He found a used board off an old unit. Now the pc board and the transformer are dead, and I'm being told its best just to buy a whole new furnace. If I do, it won't be a Ducane!

Date created: 2007-04-15 Name: G.Carson

I have owned this great little furnace, 92%AFUE 50,000 BTU for over 3.5 yrs. It has never given me a problem. This is certainly proof that it is not really the brand of furnace that you purchase, it the quality of installation & set-up that matter. I would highly recommend a firm in Winnipeg called "HEAT PLUS" they did a top notch professional job.