Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2009-09-25 Name: JAMES

"TERRIBLE"
I have 3 ducanes in my rental properties. the first quit working after 5 years and no one could get it working so I paid $2000 to replace it. the second just went out and no one knows how to get it working. I have my fingers crossed on the third.

Date created: 2009-04-14 Name: DUCANE

"Wont fire up, same thing again"
I had a new 100,000 btu unit installed 3 years ago , along with the furnace I had a new a coil,electronic air cleaner and a 5 ton central air unit out side . My problem is I keep getting the three flashes for the fault code [pressure switch stuck closed or open.] But no matter how many times I take it apart, clean it,and reinstall, it still wont come on.This happens at least twice a year since the furnace was replaced

Date created: 2009-03-06 Name: Ted Yakemchuk

"Ducane Warranty"
I had a inducer motor installed after four months of run time and had to pay for the motor to be installed $93.45 for the labour. LOOKING FOR A PAY BACK ON THE LABOR.

Date created: 2009-01-23 Name: Thomas E. Bussinger
Location: Linesville, PA

"Owner"
Noisy blower motor.

Date created: 2009-01-09 Name: K. Woods
Location: Hudson, Ohio

"Ducane Nat Gas Furnace and A/C Units"
I had a split-system installed a few months ago. Believe it or not, it was 70 degrees when installed, so we could cycle the a/C. It worked fine. Now, it's snowing 8-12 inches and blowing 50 mph, and we are toasty warm with even, steady, and efficient heat, even with their 80 AFUE units.

Date created: 2008-12-13 Name: Erik
Location: Houston, TX

"Not a Happy Camper !!!"
After purchasing a Ducane Furnace( Model # bo75a4b) (serial # 2029250702) a year and 4 months ago I have had several problems. The furnace would kick on and not blow heat. After a couple of times of the repair man coming out it was determined that the high-limit switch was defective then replaced. After this the unit still did not heat properly. As of recently, the repair man has indicated that there is not enough air flow coming out of the furnace itself which feeds into the vent pipe going through my roof. After eliminating either possibility of birds nest/debris restricting flow through vent pipe unit is still not working. I will now pay the service man $ 500 in labor as the warranty is out on the Ducane and replace this piece of trash with a Carrier furnace.

Date created: 2008-12-06 Name: S Sensenig
Location: Shipshewana, IN

"Ducane"
Every year the furnace quits for one thing or the other. I do not recommend and will never buy another Ducane.

Date created: 2008-12-04 Name: vahid
Location: Syracuse, NY

"Central ny"
I love this furnace.no problems at all.runs ok,quiet.i am very happy with it.

Date created: 2008-12-04 Name: Adrienne McKinnon
Location: Hope, BC, Canada

"DUCANE Furnace"
Bought brand new house thinking that we will not have any issues...well guess again! After only three years this Ducane furnace is not working and try to find warranty info on it is impossible. None of their documents have contact info anywhere.

Date created: 2008-12-03 Name: Cindy Lee
Location: Roanoke, Virginia

"As a heat pump it stinks!"
The unit came with the house. The a/c part seems to work just fine, but as a heat pump it really stinks. My electic is going up and up. I will find another heater. And get rid of this thing as soon as possible.