Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2012-10-13 Name: Ed Samsel
Location: Warminster, PA

"Worst Heater Ever"
I had a 93% High Efficiency heater installed in Nov. of 2010. Last year I spent a small fortune on service because the inducer blower kept filling up with water and shutting it down. My service tech says that this should never happen. Guess what, it does. I am having the same problem this year. If I add the cost of service, this heater is not saving me anything as promised.

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Gary Keith
Location: iL

"Good easy to install furnace"
I needed to replaced my 25 yr old 80,000 60% furnace and recently purchased a Ducane downdraft 66,000 btu furnace from Alpine, including sheet metal and recommended thermostat. I did some basic installation research and completed the project in 7 hours. I was a bit concerned about setting the temp rise but found direction using you tube. The furnace runs extremely well and is relatively quiet considering that it's in a closet set up in a 3 bedroom ranch house. If you install it your self just take your time and research. It's very satisfying when it lights for the first time. Good luck.

Date created: 2012-03-01 Name: Dan
Location: Illinois

"Works great, 10 years without problems!"
As for most mechanical systems, the single most important thing is to have it installed correctly! I have had my Ducane furnace for ten years now, I have it maintained professionally and have never had any problems. My heating guy said the only time these act up is if they are installed wrong... Just like any other furnace. The problem is people sell the furnace to Joe Shmoes like me and then they find the cheapest guys to install it, or worse yet... hack it in themselves. My son just had one installed and he could not be home so I did the home sitting detail for him while they did their jobs, I had no idea how many things had to be done just right or problems will result 1 to 5 years later. My previous home had a "Trane"... Nothing but trouble.

Date created: 2011-12-07 Name: ED STEWART
Location: Navarre, Ohio

"RUN AWAY--- DON'T BUY DUCANE!!!---"
First month started to smell oil. The heat exchanger was bad -- had to replace it. Since getting this junk I have had nothing but problems, replaced everything but the tin and fan. The fan is making noise. Don't know which is worse: the fan or the jet sound. Had to buy electric heaters because the furnace breaks down every year.... Worst product I ever bought. As I read in other post you get what you pay for. I tried to save a few bucks but have suffered for 5 years. Research and pay a little more up front and have peace of mind.

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Chicago, IL

"My new house got a new furnace"
Since this was basically a Lennox product, we were hopeful it would be as good as our old Lennox furnace. The installation went very smooth and the technicians were great. However, we have had quite a few problems with the thermostat as well as the fan motor. Both have been replaced more than once. It seems the problems are fixed now, but it was a long 6 months and a lot of arguments with Ducane customer service. All in all, it works great now, but initially I was not satisfied at all. If they worked on their customer service, I would have been a lot more satisfied.

Date created: 2011-02-16 Name: B SMITH
Location: ROME,NY

"DUCANE FURNACE"
FURNACE IS SEVEN YEARS OLD.HAD IGNITOR REPLACED AT FOUR MONTHS AND ATFIVE YEARS.HAD CLEANING PERSON CLEAN FURNACE AND SAID THE HEAT EXCHAGER WAS RUSTING.INSTALLING COMPANY WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.CONTACTED COMPANY AND TOLD THEM AND THEY WILL DO NOTHING UNTIL HEAT EXCHANGER IS RUSTED THROUGH.THEN THEY WILL SEND ME ONE.ALOT OF GOOD THAT WILL DO ME IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER.WILL NEVER BUY ONE AGAIN.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: C. HUGGINS
Location: MEMPHIS, TN

"POOR QUALITY. BREAKS. LOUD FURNACE"
DUCANE FURNACE MODEL # MPZA100B4B. GAS FURNACE 80 AFUE RATED. AFTER ONLY 2 YEARS OF OPERATION, THE FURNACE QUIT WORKING...THE FLAME WOULD NOT STAY LIT. INSTALLER HAD TO ORDER A PART THAT MONITORS THE FLAME AND IT WILL NOT BE IN UNTIL MONDAY...THIS IS FRIDAY (4 FEB. 2011 WITH SNOW IN MEMPHIS). WHEN THE FURNACE IS OPERATING, IT IS MUCH LOUDER THAN THE TRANE UNIT IT REPLACED. THE UNIT IS IN THE ATTIC AND WHEN YOU ARE DOWN STAIRS, YOU CAN HEAR THE FLAME LIGHTING UP....IT SOUNDS LIKE A JET ENGINE LIGHTING OFF....AND YOU CAN HEAR THE FAN BLOWING THROUGH THE VENTS...4 TIMES AS LOUD AS THE TRANE UNIT. I WOULD NOT GET THIS BRAND....I DID NOT DO MY HOMEWORK THIS TIME. I BASED THE DECISION ON A RECOMMENDATION FROM THE INSTALLER.....NEVER GOING TO DO THAT AGAIN. BUYER BE WARE!

Date created: 2011-01-03 Name: Dave Hollen
Location: [email protected]

"Worst Furnace Made"
We have a five year old 110,000 btu Ducane oil fired hot air system. This furnace is the biggest piece of trash I have ever encountered. If we get through this winter ( three service calls so far this year ) it's going to the scrap pile. This unit has been faithfully maintained with service by a qualified tech every fall and every winter you can expect problems. Printed circuit boards, blower units..... you name it .... it has failed. Never EVER buy one of these furnaces......

Date created: 2010-12-22 Name: Msmith
Location: Ohio

"Bad News"
Bought this furnace and about three years later the wires caught on fire and shut down. As luck would have it the wind chill was 15-20 below 0, furnace was shut off for three days, three years old and caught on fire! Unbelievable! would not trust this furnace, worried about it catching the house on fire.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: K Sinclair
Location: Winnipeg, Mb

"Piece of crap"
I have a 6 year old Ducane Furnace, I have had no problems until now,I have had service people out 8 times and they can not find the problem and of course the warranty is expired, and yes I did buy a less expensive furnace because that is all my budget would allow and now I am stuck with a bunch of tin in my basement that is useless.