Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2015-02-10 Name: steve trainer
Location: Indiana

"Ducane 95% furnaces"
I have been installing gas furnaces since 1985 and am getting ready to retire soon. I have installed Trane, Bryant, Lennox, Armstrong, Weatherking, and some others. I have installed Ducane for the past 6 years and the only thing I have found is that they have a pressure switch problem which has been fixed. I have had minimum warranty issues and the dependability has been good. I installed a Ducane 95 variable speed furnace in my home. Some people said that they were paying labor after only 6 months. Most reputable contractors supply a 12-month labor warranty after a new install, so if you are paying labor after only 6 months and your furnace is breaking down I would switch contractors. I have installed budget-minded heating equipment (I cant remember the name, lol; Good...something) Which would keep my service techs busy and making money. Take all of these reviews with a grain of salt, and remember - the best review also comes from someone you trust and know, just as should for the person or company that installs your next furnace.

Date created: 2015-02-03 Name: Wayne
Location: Chicago, IL

"Hoping for a product that was dependable."
I do believe sometimes you just get a bad product, but I have never had problems with a furnace before the way I'm having problems with this one. This is a brand new unit and after only 6 months of purchase I have lost heat twice between December and February. The thing is, I did have mine professionally installed and they have done a great job servicing the issues. Apparently, there is motherboard issue and a component keeps failing and that type of craftsmanship falls back to me, the consumer! So the part falls under warranty but I still have to pay my installer to service the unit every time he comes out. I can see this 7 to 8 years down the line, when I feel I have received my money's worth, but only 6 months into ownership and having the same issue twice on the coldest days of the year is very disappointing.

Date created: 2015-01-17 Name: p. keen
Location: Elkhart, IN

"Do not buy"
Here we are, it's the middle of January and no heat again. Since the furnace was installed I have had the service tech here numerous times. He's replaced parts every time; last time he even stated that the manufacture was with cheap parts from overseas. I wouldn't recommend this furnace to anyone. If anyone knows of any legal action being taken against the manufacturer I would like to know about it.

Date created: 2014-11-13 Name: Jamie
Location: Ituna, Saskatchewan

"Piece of shit"
My last two homes have been equipped with a Ducane High Efficiency furnace and they have both failed, big time. Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night to find out the furnace has stopped and my kids and I are freezing cold. I would never recommend Ducane to anyone.

Date created: 2014-01-12 Name: Craig DeMyer
Location: Plymouth, IN

"Ducane - Piece of Junk"
Installed Fall 2013. Replace one warrantied part because furnace would not kick on. Same problem again January 2014. Never buy Ducane.

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: G Black
Location: welland,on

"Ducane owned by Trane crap. Worst furnace ever"
This is my second Ducane in 15 yrs. Current one replaced by Ducane/Trane in 2005. Igniter keeps going out. Needs to be serviced every other month. Luckily I have a plan with Direct Energy!!!! In 2005 The ladies in South Carolina (manufacturer) are the worst customer service reps. Left my heat exchange unit sitting for a week. Finally packed it in a cardboard box with no packing material around it. By time it got to Canada it was damaged. Finally Ducane replaced furnace. Now same issue again with the new one. If I could put in at the side of the road I would.

Date created: 2013-12-05 Name: Dan
Location: Mi

"Don't buy"
After having unit installed my limit switch went out in the first 90 days. My contractor said he had never seen that before and it was in February. Well it just happened again at 12 months and also had mother board replaced. 2 service calls in a year?? Emailed Ducane both times all I got was at least the parts are under warranty. Sorry that's all we can do. What a joke, had to take time off work both times to get my new furnace fixed. And labor born times also. So run -- don't walk -- away!!!

Date created: 2013-04-20 Name: Nickbeam
Location: Austintown Ohio

"Ducane Furnace ... NO NO NO!"
The Ducane Furnace in my home town sounds like a jet taking off when it lights up. You have to turn on the television on the second floor Skype high to hear it. Don't even try to listen to it in the basement...

Date created: 2012-10-13 Name: Ed Samsel
Location: Warminster, PA

"Worst Heater Ever"
I had a 93% High Efficiency heater installed in Nov. of 2010. Last year I spent a small fortune on service because the inducer blower kept filling up with water and shutting it down. My service tech says that this should never happen. Guess what, it does. I am having the same problem this year. If I add the cost of service, this heater is not saving me anything as promised.

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Gary Keith
Location: iL

"Good easy to install furnace"
I needed to replaced my 25 yr old 80,000 60% furnace and recently purchased a Ducane downdraft 66,000 btu furnace from Alpine, including sheet metal and recommended thermostat. I did some basic installation research and completed the project in 7 hours. I was a bit concerned about setting the temp rise but found direction using you tube. The furnace runs extremely well and is relatively quiet considering that it's in a closet set up in a 3 bedroom ranch house. If you install it your self just take your time and research. It's very satisfying when it lights for the first time. Good luck.