Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2017-05-05 Name: Dawn
Location: Huntley, IL

"Ducane ultra quite"
My furnace is located in a closet next to my bedroom on the second floor in my townhouse. I was shocked at the difference in noise from my old unit to my new Ducane. Would recommend this furnace to anyone!!! = )

Date created: 2017-04-21 Name: Al
Location: Lake Villa, IL

"Very happy with Ducane"
Wonderful install, great warranty at a very reasonable price. Lower gas bills already. Would recommend this product to anyone.

Date created: 2017-03-27 Name: Dan
Location: Chicago, IL

"Happy Warm Homeowner"
I had a Ducane 95g1e furnace installed two years ago along with a 4ac13b air conditioner and new coil. I also put in a new Aprilaire humidifier. My system has worked flawlessly. My HVAC person told me my last single stage 80% afue furnace was too big for my house. He installed a smaller unit which runs a little longer to heat up but the house is now more balanced and comfortable. The heat is even through out the house. I was weary at first as I heard about the pressure switches not lasting. I was told Ducane fixed this and I have not had a problem. My HVAC installer told me there are lots of hacks and bad installers out there that do not know what they are doing. This leads to the furnace breaking down because of poor installation and the consumer then blames the product. Many people just go with the lowest bid. I know my system is balanced since everything is new. Many people leave out the details if they are working with and older coil and/or AC unit which can cause the system to be unbalanced. Then they post a poor rating on here or other sites because they donít know what they are talking about. I would buy another Ducane again as I happy with the quieter system and much lower utility bills. Hope this helps and let the buyer beware with the installer you are working with. You get what you pay for in skilled labor. Do your homework on your installer and call Ducane if you have any questions.

Date created: 2016-12-15 Name: Dean
Location: Springfield, OH

"Ducane gas furnace breaks down multiple times"
My furnace lights, then immediately goes out. I have had repairs 22 times in 4 years. It's always the same problem: rubber hose has to be removed because there is water built up in it. I need help.

Date created: 2016-12-11 Name: Robert Walker
Location: Christopher Lake, SK Canada

"Unsatisfactory Ducane"
Purchased new in April 2010. Pressure switch problem: Oct 17/2013; Feb 16/2014; Oct 21/2015; Apr 20/2016; Apr 21/2016; serviced by tech on Sep 13/2016 - okay; again not working today Dec 11/2016. Terrible and umreliable furnace. Surprising enough, the paperwork says that Allied Air Enterprises Inc is a lennox International Inc. Company. Maybe should be staying away from Lennox as well!

Date created: 2016-11-24 Name: D Seymour
Location: O fallon MO

"Buyer beware"
Been in the new house for 1 year. First winter it quit running during the night: pressure switch out, replaced. Went out many more times, out again this winter, Would not recommend this heater to anyone. Junk.

Date created: 2016-11-11 Name: Bruce
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Pressure switch fails every winter - current litigation"
Model No: 95g1uh090cp 16, s/n: 5912e05038 Installed in 07/2012. Every winter furnace stopped working due to pressure switch. My installation contractor told me to pull off the rubber hose from pressure switch and blow it off with mouth. This fix got it working in 2013 & 2014 winters. One time each winter. In 2015-02 same issue again but flooded the house since I was not at home. Arbitration trial scheduled for 01-12-2017 against Allies and its attorneys from McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. Any helpful information about your experience with the furnace and pressure switch will be appreciated. I have contacted a consumer class action attorney in Pittsburgh, PA. They will consider a class action law suit against Allies if they find this furnace pressure switch is a popular issue. Could all of you who had the problem with Ducane furnace to make this law suit happen? Please let me know with your contact information. I will compile and give it to the attorney. Ducane had 2 previous class action law suits and settlements.

Date created: 2016-02-18 Name: Jason Baas
Location: Columbus, OH

"Satisfied with my Ducane furnace!"
I purchased my 95+ single stage gas Ducane furnace in 2014 and installed it myself with some tips from a pro. I have not had a single issue in the 2 years I have had it installed., It has been 100% reliable without fail, no weird noises or any of the issues I see listed over and over again. Gas bill here in Ohio hasn't topped $100.00 yet. I believe proper installation is key to a properly functioning furnace, all brands aside. I will stand firm by my Ducane furnace though. I'm not 10 years in but I am 2 solid years into use and both my AC and furnace have been 100% reliable with no issues. Change the filter, haven't had any maintenance done.

Date created: 2015-12-30 Name: Tom
Location: Northwest Indiana

"Piece of junk"
Needed a new pressure switch 3 months after installation. Now a year later it needs another one. Need to buy pressure switches by the case. Get them cheaper on Amazon and they are easy to install.

Date created: 2015-10-28 Name: M Leffler
Location: Gas City, IN

"I own 3 of them"
Over the last 2 years I have installed a new unit in my home, another in our company office, the last in a rental I own. I have had no problems with any unit. I am pleased so far and if I need another furnace at this time it will be a Ducane.