Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2016-02-18 Name: Jason Baas
Location: Columbus, OH

"Satisfied with my Ducane furnace!"
I purchased my 95+ single stage gas Ducane furnace in 2014 and installed it myself with some tips from a pro. I have not had a single issue in the 2 years I have had it installed., It has been 100% reliable without fail, no weird noises or any of the issues I see listed over and over again. Gas bill here in Ohio hasn't topped $100.00 yet. I believe proper installation is key to a properly functioning furnace, all brands aside. I will stand firm by my Ducane furnace though. I'm not 10 years in but I am 2 solid years into use and both my AC and furnace have been 100% reliable with no issues. Change the filter, haven't had any maintenance done.

Date created: 2015-12-30 Name: Tom
Location: Northwest Indiana

"Piece of junk"
Needed a new pressure switch 3 months after installation. Now a year later it needs another one. Need to buy pressure switches by the case. Get them cheaper on Amazon and they are easy to install.

Date created: 2015-10-28 Name: M Leffler
Location: Gas City, IN

"I own 3 of them"
Over the last 2 years I have installed a new unit in my home, another in our company office, the last in a rental I own. I have had no problems with any unit. I am pleased so far and if I need another furnace at this time it will be a Ducane.

Date created: 2015-10-27 Name: M
Location: Wisconsin

"Piece of junk!"
1 year old and it broke down. Come to find out that the pressure switches were recalled and the warranty isnt worth the paper it is typed on because Allied only has 1 authorized dealer that they will supply in the state I live in and they dont know when they can supply the parts.

Date created: 2015-10-20 Name: Joe
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Unsatisfied"
Do not purchase a Ducane furnace. They are crap. I've lived in four homes over the years and have never experienced the types of problems this Ducane furnace has presented. It's most likely a cheap Chinese knock- off equipped with inferior parts. The pressure switch has failed twice within six months. The unit whistles loudly when it runs. The unit makes a thumping sound shortly after it starts and again after it stops. It came with the house and will leave in the trash where it belongs.

Date created: 2015-02-27 Name: Ken Schroedle
Location: Oswego, IL

"February 2015"
I have a newly built home, only three years old, and every winter the furnace goes out. Each time the pressure switch had to be replaced, along with a circuit board. This is a piece of junk. I lived in a cheap townhouse and never had furnace problems with my other brand. I am actually embarrassed to call the repair man because it's got to be a regular thing with him coming out to fix it. Stay as far away from Ducane furnaces as possible. Save yourself some pain.

Date created: 2015-02-19 Name: linda boyle
Location: Hilliard, OH

"Piece of junk."
This furnace is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen. Please don't let it get -2 degrees out; it acts up every time. I hate this thing. I will never own another one. Carrier or Trane will be the next one.

Date created: 2015-02-16 Name: Mike M.
Location: United States

"Much maintenance"
The pressure switch went out in year one and had to be replaced. It required maintenance again in the second year - cleaned out condensation and cleaned carbon off of the flame sensor. I have never before had to have a furnace repaired in its first three years of operation.

Date created: 2015-02-10 Name: steve trainer
Location: Indiana

"Ducane 95% furnaces"
I have been installing gas furnaces since 1985 and am getting ready to retire soon. I have installed Trane, Bryant, Lennox, Armstrong, Weatherking, and some others. I have installed Ducane for the past 6 years and the only thing I have found is that they have a pressure switch problem which has been fixed. I have had minimum warranty issues and the dependability has been good. I installed a Ducane 95 variable speed furnace in my home. Some people said that they were paying labor after only 6 months. Most reputable contractors supply a 12-month labor warranty after a new install, so if you are paying labor after only 6 months and your furnace is breaking down I would switch contractors. I have installed budget-minded heating equipment (I cant remember the name, lol; Good...something) Which would keep my service techs busy and making money. Take all of these reviews with a grain of salt, and remember - the best review also comes from someone you trust and know, just as should for the person or company that installs your next furnace.

Date created: 2015-02-03 Name: Wayne
Location: Chicago, IL

"Hoping for a product that was dependable."
I do believe sometimes you just get a bad product, but I have never had problems with a furnace before the way I'm having problems with this one. This is a brand new unit and after only 6 months of purchase I have lost heat twice between December and February. The thing is, I did have mine professionally installed and they have done a great job servicing the issues. Apparently, there is motherboard issue and a component keeps failing and that type of craftsmanship falls back to me, the consumer! So the part falls under warranty but I still have to pay my installer to service the unit every time he comes out. I can see this 7 to 8 years down the line, when I feel I have received my money's worth, but only 6 months into ownership and having the same issue twice on the coldest days of the year is very disappointing.