Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2015-02-27 Name: Ken Schroedle
Location: Oswego, IL

"February 2015"
I have a newly built home, only three years old, and every winter the furnace goes out. Each time the pressure switch had to be replaced, along with a circuit board. This is a piece of junk. I lived in a cheap townhouse and never had furnace problems with my other brand. I am actually embarrassed to call the repair man because it's got to be a regular thing with him coming out to fix it. Stay as far away from Ducane furnaces as possible. Save yourself some pain.

Date created: 2015-02-19 Name: linda boyle
Location: Hilliard, OH

"Piece of junk."
This furnace is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen. Please don't let it get -2 degrees out; it acts up every time. I hate this thing. I will never own another one. Carrier or Trane will be the next one.

Date created: 2015-02-16 Name: Mike M.
Location: United States

"Much maintenance"
The pressure switch went out in year one and had to be replaced. It required maintenance again in the second year - cleaned out condensation and cleaned carbon off of the flame sensor. I have never before had to have a furnace repaired in its first three years of operation.

Date created: 2015-02-10 Name: steve trainer
Location: Indiana

"Ducane 95% furnaces"
I have been installing gas furnaces since 1985 and am getting ready to retire soon. I have installed Trane, Bryant, Lennox, Armstrong, Weatherking, and some others. I have installed Ducane for the past 6 years and the only thing I have found is that they have a pressure switch problem which has been fixed. I have had minimum warranty issues and the dependability has been good. I installed a Ducane 95 variable speed furnace in my home. Some people said that they were paying labor after only 6 months. Most reputable contractors supply a 12-month labor warranty after a new install, so if you are paying labor after only 6 months and your furnace is breaking down I would switch contractors. I have installed budget-minded heating equipment (I cant remember the name, lol; Good...something) Which would keep my service techs busy and making money. Take all of these reviews with a grain of salt, and remember - the best review also comes from someone you trust and know, just as should for the person or company that installs your next furnace.

Date created: 2015-02-03 Name: Wayne
Location: Chicago, IL

"Hoping for a product that was dependable."
I do believe sometimes you just get a bad product, but I have never had problems with a furnace before the way I'm having problems with this one. This is a brand new unit and after only 6 months of purchase I have lost heat twice between December and February. The thing is, I did have mine professionally installed and they have done a great job servicing the issues. Apparently, there is motherboard issue and a component keeps failing and that type of craftsmanship falls back to me, the consumer! So the part falls under warranty but I still have to pay my installer to service the unit every time he comes out. I can see this 7 to 8 years down the line, when I feel I have received my money's worth, but only 6 months into ownership and having the same issue twice on the coldest days of the year is very disappointing.

Date created: 2015-01-17 Name: p. keen
Location: Elkhart, IN

"Do not buy"
Here we are, it's the middle of January and no heat again. Since the furnace was installed I have had the service tech here numerous times. He's replaced parts every time; last time he even stated that the manufacture was with cheap parts from overseas. I wouldn't recommend this furnace to anyone. If anyone knows of any legal action being taken against the manufacturer I would like to know about it.

Date created: 2014-11-13 Name: Jamie
Location: Ituna, Saskatchewan

"Piece of shit"
My last two homes have been equipped with a Ducane High Efficiency furnace and they have both failed, big time. Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night to find out the furnace has stopped and my kids and I are freezing cold. I would never recommend Ducane to anyone.

Date created: 2014-01-12 Name: Craig DeMyer
Location: Plymouth, IN

"Ducane - Piece of Junk"
Installed Fall 2013. Replace one warrantied part because furnace would not kick on. Same problem again January 2014. Never buy Ducane.

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: G Black
Location: welland,on

"Ducane owned by Trane crap. Worst furnace ever"
This is my second Ducane in 15 yrs. Current one replaced by Ducane/Trane in 2005. Igniter keeps going out. Needs to be serviced every other month. Luckily I have a plan with Direct Energy!!!! In 2005 The ladies in South Carolina (manufacturer) are the worst customer service reps. Left my heat exchange unit sitting for a week. Finally packed it in a cardboard box with no packing material around it. By time it got to Canada it was damaged. Finally Ducane replaced furnace. Now same issue again with the new one. If I could put in at the side of the road I would.

Date created: 2013-12-05 Name: Dan
Location: Mi

"Don't buy"
After having unit installed my limit switch went out in the first 90 days. My contractor said he had never seen that before and it was in February. Well it just happened again at 12 months and also had mother board replaced. 2 service calls in a year?? Emailed Ducane both times all I got was at least the parts are under warranty. Sorry that's all we can do. What a joke, had to take time off work both times to get my new furnace fixed. And labor born times also. So run -- don't walk -- away!!!