Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2016-12-15 Name: Dean
Location: Springfield, OH

"Ducane gas furnace breaks down multiple times"
My furnace lights, then immediately goes out. I have had repairs 22 times in 4 years. It's always the same problem: rubber hose has to be removed because there is water built up in it. I need help.

Date created: 2016-12-11 Name: Robert Walker
Location: Christopher Lake, SK Canada

"Unsatisfactory Ducane"
Purchased new in April 2010. Pressure switch problem: Oct 17/2013; Feb 16/2014; Oct 21/2015; Apr 20/2016; Apr 21/2016; serviced by tech on Sep 13/2016 - okay; again not working today Dec 11/2016. Terrible and umreliable furnace. Surprising enough, the paperwork says that Allied Air Enterprises Inc is a lennox International Inc. Company. Maybe should be staying away from Lennox as well!

Date created: 2016-11-24 Name: D Seymour
Location: O fallon MO

"Buyer beware"
Been in the new house for 1 year. First winter it quit running during the night: pressure switch out, replaced. Went out many more times, out again this winter, Would not recommend this heater to anyone. Junk.

Date created: 2016-11-11 Name: Bruce
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Pressure switch fails every winter - current litigation"
Model No: 95g1uh090cp 16, s/n: 5912e05038 Installed in 07/2012. Every winter furnace stopped working due to pressure switch. My installation contractor told me to pull off the rubber hose from pressure switch and blow it off with mouth. This fix got it working in 2013 & 2014 winters. One time each winter. In 2015-02 same issue again but flooded the house since I was not at home. Arbitration trial scheduled for 01-12-2017 against Allies and its attorneys from McCamey & Chilcote, P.C. Any helpful information about your experience with the furnace and pressure switch will be appreciated. I have contacted a consumer class action attorney in Pittsburgh, PA. They will consider a class action law suit against Allies if they find this furnace pressure switch is a popular issue. Could all of you who had the problem with Ducane furnace to make this law suit happen? Please let me know with your contact information. I will compile and give it to the attorney. Ducane had 2 previous class action law suits and settlements.

Date created: 2016-02-18 Name: Jason Baas
Location: Columbus, OH

"Satisfied with my Ducane furnace!"
I purchased my 95+ single stage gas Ducane furnace in 2014 and installed it myself with some tips from a pro. I have not had a single issue in the 2 years I have had it installed., It has been 100% reliable without fail, no weird noises or any of the issues I see listed over and over again. Gas bill here in Ohio hasn't topped $100.00 yet. I believe proper installation is key to a properly functioning furnace, all brands aside. I will stand firm by my Ducane furnace though. I'm not 10 years in but I am 2 solid years into use and both my AC and furnace have been 100% reliable with no issues. Change the filter, haven't had any maintenance done.

Date created: 2015-12-30 Name: Tom
Location: Northwest Indiana

"Piece of junk"
Needed a new pressure switch 3 months after installation. Now a year later it needs another one. Need to buy pressure switches by the case. Get them cheaper on Amazon and they are easy to install.

Date created: 2015-10-28 Name: M Leffler
Location: Gas City, IN

"I own 3 of them"
Over the last 2 years I have installed a new unit in my home, another in our company office, the last in a rental I own. I have had no problems with any unit. I am pleased so far and if I need another furnace at this time it will be a Ducane.

Date created: 2015-10-27 Name: M
Location: Wisconsin

"Piece of junk!"
1 year old and it broke down. Come to find out that the pressure switches were recalled and the warranty isnt worth the paper it is typed on because Allied only has 1 authorized dealer that they will supply in the state I live in and they dont know when they can supply the parts.

Date created: 2015-10-20 Name: Joe
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Unsatisfied"
Do not purchase a Ducane furnace. They are crap. I've lived in four homes over the years and have never experienced the types of problems this Ducane furnace has presented. It's most likely a cheap Chinese knock- off equipped with inferior parts. The pressure switch has failed twice within six months. The unit whistles loudly when it runs. The unit makes a thumping sound shortly after it starts and again after it stops. It came with the house and will leave in the trash where it belongs.

Date created: 2015-02-27 Name: Ken Schroedle
Location: Oswego, IL

"February 2015"
I have a newly built home, only three years old, and every winter the furnace goes out. Each time the pressure switch had to be replaced, along with a circuit board. This is a piece of junk. I lived in a cheap townhouse and never had furnace problems with my other brand. I am actually embarrassed to call the repair man because it's got to be a regular thing with him coming out to fix it. Stay as far away from Ducane furnaces as possible. Save yourself some pain.