Consumer Reviews of Dornback furnaces

Read more about Dornback furnaces

Date created: 2018-01-22 Name: Charles Hinzman
Location: Little Hocking, OH

"Totally unsatisfied"
Bought uni-park 75000 but November 2014. 12-15 power control went bad contact cornerback call third-party. They sold me a new power control unit 11- 17 transformer went bad and took out power control again. So I look around and installing a Mr. Heater which has a 3 year warranty on parts and 10 year warranty on heat exchanger. Will never recommend cornerback to anyone.

Date created: 2012-02-09 Name: no fun fred
Location: ny

"Week heat exchanger finally killed it"
I purchased dornback oil heo 90-3.5 forced air furnace in 1989. It kept shutting down and sooting up due to orifice clogging. Furnace design was new and no one knew anything about it. I corrected problem by using a 50/50 blend and turning up the oil pump pressure so I think it was 100 psi furnace worked flawless for 3 years when the heat exchanger rotted out. I was told the company got bought out and there was no warranty. I replaced the unit with comfort air 80. It's still working but burns a lot more fuel than the dornback did. I miss that furnace.
Date created: 2011-11-17 Name: f. Liotta
Location: east texas

"Warranty is worthless"
I bought this Dornback DGH-75 unit online from a thomasnewparts. From the day I got it has not worked. First the polarity was backwards (possibly my wiring at fault), then a tube from the exhaust fan came loose so it wouldn't work easy to fix, next the control panel went out. Dornback insisted I work thru Thomasnewparts and he can only be reached by e-mail- no phone number. He refused to send a replacement unless I paid for it first or sent the defective one back -first. This was in Febuary, coldest month of the year. I finally got Dornback to send me a control panel and it worked for a while. This year , again it didn't work when the first cold snap hit. I called Dornback and they said it was the control panel, insisted I work thru Thomasnewparts again. I refused so they sent me a new control panel. I installed the new part, still doesn't work. I called back and was told its my exhaust fan that needs to be replaced but I would have to contact Thomasnewparts. Did that and all I got was an apology. Bottom line is I bought a new heater in February 2011 and now November 2011 I still do not have a working heater. I don't think the consumer should have to fix their product (free labor) and certainly shouldn't have to pay for the parts needed to do it. I would never buy another product with the name Dornback on it.
Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: ELLEN POWERS
Location: New Hampshire

"NO ONE WILL HELP FIX IT"
Brand new system installed in our vacation home, all we get is low temp alarms because the system keeps shutting down! Call the installers they don't know what the problem is, call DORNBACK and they tell you " YOU NEED TO GO THROUGH THE CHAIN OF COMMAND" call your installers!!!!!!!!!! They all didn't mind taking the money, All I want is a system that works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!