Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2009-10-13 Name: d berish

"Heat exchanger has rivets that pop"
The furnace worked well for the first 10 years, more maintanance and repairs over the last four years. We have replaced the control panel, glow plug , and now I learned today and witnessed on repairmens hand held remote camera, that our heat exchanger has rivets that have popped Comfortmaker is know for this to happen and although we can not see any cracks in heat exchanger, I am told this is commonly the next problem. Not sure if I am being had. These repair guys have always been very reputable.

Date created: 2009-06-09 Name: G Scott

"PIECE OF JUNK!!!"
We bought this house when it was 3 years old. every single summer since, we've had the repairmen here working on the unit at least once, sometimes twice per season. Leaks, motor replaced, etc. Now it seems that the our only choices are to replace the condenser or get a new unit. And of course, they only come with a 5 tear warranty.