Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2010-05-11 Name: D.Peck

"Comfortmaker Furnace"
I had to replace four igniters, one flame sensor and a transformer in a twenty-three year period of time. I would say thatís not bad for that length of time. Vary satisfied with this furnace.

Date created: 2010-02-09 Name: N. Benford

"Problems Problms and More Problems"
I purchased my new house in 2003. For the first 3 years, I had ongoing problems with my HVAC unit. In the winter, it was the heat. In the summer the A/C. For the first 3 years, my builder covered the labor costs. Then, in 2008, the coil went out on my outside unit. I had to replace that for a couple grand (the unit was under warranty but the labor is out of this world). Then, in the summer of 2009, we had another problem with the A/C component. I don't remember the exact problem. It costs a few hundred to repair. Now, it's only my 6th winter in my house and the heat exchanger is bad and the cost to repair indicates that I should just buy a new furnace. I will never buy another Comfortmaker. I even emailed them two weeks ago about this problem and have heard nothing in response. This is my first home and they have made the overall experience very stressful.
Date created: 2010-01-09 Name: nighthawk

"Comfortmaker"
Never replaced anything but filters once a month.
Date created: 2009-12-19 Name: D. Storck

"D. Storck"
I have been very pleased with the Comfortmaker equipment. I have had other brands and Comfortmaker has proven the most reliable and least expensive to repair. I have regular preventative maintenance every year. The installing contractor has more to do with the performance than people give credit!
Date created: 2009-11-02 Name: Tim Tyson

"Comfortmaker furnace"
No trouble yet at all. I love how quiet and efficient this unit is. I would highly reccomend Comfortmaker to my family and friends.
Date created: 2009-10-13 Name: d berish

"Heat exchanger has rivets that pop"
The furnace worked well for the first 10 years, more maintanance and repairs over the last four years. We have replaced the control panel, glow plug , and now I learned today and witnessed on repairmens hand held remote camera, that our heat exchanger has rivets that have popped Comfortmaker is know for this to happen and although we can not see any cracks in heat exchanger, I am told this is commonly the next problem. Not sure if I am being had. These repair guys have always been very reputable.
Date created: 2009-06-09 Name: G Scott

"PIECE OF JUNK!!!"
We bought this house when it was 3 years old. every single summer since, we've had the repairmen here working on the unit at least once, sometimes twice per season. Leaks, motor replaced, etc. Now it seems that the our only choices are to replace the condenser or get a new unit. And of course, they only come with a 5 tear warranty.