Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: Burden in Detroit Metro
Location: Detroit, Michigan

"Gne100f14g1"
I bought a home with a 2003 unit in 2010 (Jan). The blower and sensors were changed...and then the problem continued with shutting off from 68 to 55-56 degrees. Unit is clean, mostly replaced and system balanced. With all the upgrades they made for "new assembly boards" - one would need to considr if they had a MFG or design error. I guess the board ois next to replace before I take the hit and replace a 6 year old unit???

Date created: 2010-10-30 Name: Thomas Champion
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

"Me? Cardiovascular Perfusionist"
I have had to replace the exhaust motor the first year for around $260 but have had no problem with the 80% efficiency furnace since then. The service man this last year said he liked it for its simplicity. It was installed in 1993 and still runs.

Date created: 2010-10-18 Name: Sandy
Location: Council Bluffs, IA

"26 years old furnace"
It's been a pretty reliable furnace, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the more efficiency furnace and take advantage of the tax credits and rebates!

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: KD
Location: Illinois

"Extremely unhappy"
We have had unit for only 5 yrs, and it is nothing but a piece of crap. We have had to replace the gas valve every year since 2007 and will have to replace again this year.

Date created: 2010-06-19 Name: Jackson

"Comfortmaker = Carrier"
Comfortmaker is Carrier. I have installed for over 10 years and believe it is good. It is marketed under about 20 different brands Carrier, Arcoaire, Tempstar, etc. Coils go out. Not as bad as some other brands. They are quiet. Well-engineered. Easy to maintain.

Date created: 2010-05-11 Name: D.Peck

"Comfortmaker Furnace"
I had to replace four igniters, one flame sensor and a transformer in a twenty-three year period of time. I would say thatís not bad for that length of time. Vary satisfied with this furnace.

Date created: 2010-02-09 Name: N. Benford

"Problems Problms and More Problems"
I purchased my new house in 2003. For the first 3 years, I had ongoing problems with my HVAC unit. In the winter, it was the heat. In the summer the A/C. For the first 3 years, my builder covered the labor costs. Then, in 2008, the coil went out on my outside unit. I had to replace that for a couple grand (the unit was under warranty but the labor is out of this world). Then, in the summer of 2009, we had another problem with the A/C component. I don't remember the exact problem. It costs a few hundred to repair. Now, it's only my 6th winter in my house and the heat exchanger is bad and the cost to repair indicates that I should just buy a new furnace. I will never buy another Comfortmaker. I even emailed them two weeks ago about this problem and have heard nothing in response. This is my first home and they have made the overall experience very stressful.

Date created: 2010-01-09 Name: nighthawk

"Comfortmaker"
Never replaced anything but filters once a month.

Date created: 2009-12-19 Name: D. Storck

"D. Storck"
I have been very pleased with the Comfortmaker equipment. I have had other brands and Comfortmaker has proven the most reliable and least expensive to repair. I have regular preventative maintenance every year. The installing contractor has more to do with the performance than people give credit!

Date created: 2009-11-02 Name: Tim Tyson

"Comfortmaker furnace"
No trouble yet at all. I love how quiet and efficient this unit is. I would highly reccomend Comfortmaker to my family and friends.