Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2011-11-28 Name: Ron
Location: Minnesota

"Close to 20 Years of Reliable Heat"
I wanted central air so I replaced (supplemented) electric radiant heat with Comfortmaker gua060 propane with a matching Comfortmaker a/c unit propane back in 1994. 2 years ago I had an ignition problem. The unit's ignition ignitor (it's electronic, no pilot light) essentially wore out and I had it replaced. At that time I was considering a replacement due to age, heat is rather important in the winter where I live. But the service tech mentioned "it's a a great looking unit...the heat exchanger was like new, etc" why replace it. Now, 2 years later another issue has arose. I think I'll be be to fix it myself after doing some research and clean the flame sensor. Just wanted to comment on my experience. I would have no problem installing another Comfortmaker unit.

Date created: 2011-10-18 Name: s smith
Location: olathe,ks

"Homeowner"
Bought house almost 5 year ago, furnace and a/c 2 years old then, every fall furnace will not come on. A different part goes out each time, computer board, etc, each time 400 -500 to repair. After repair runs through winter w/no problem until turned on in fall, is out again. Buying different brand now.

Date created: 2011-10-05 Name: s. zurbrigen
Location: Colorado

"80% efficiency"
I have never had a "Comfort Maker" Just about to have one installed. I see that carrier is the same. I have one a carrier in a rental property built in 2001. I have had no problems. The unit being replaced in my house (tomorrow) is 56 years old and has given me no problems, I just wonder if the Comfortmaker is going to last as long.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Ron P.
Location: Minnesota

"Not bad furnaces"
I have installed Comfortmaker equipment for 6 years now not had any problems or call backs. Had one that blower motor went out only 3 months old but it wasn't furnace fault it was the homeowner who caused it to go bad. Most failures are due to neglect or homeowners trying to save a buck or two. Other failures are due to installation problems. After so many years things are going to start breaking down sooner or later.

Date created: 2011-07-10 Name: Deb Diedr
Location: McHenry

"Garbage Furnace"
This is the worst furnace I have ever owned. Can't wait to replace it this year! Problems since day one with the furnace turning on but the blowers not.. No one can figure out what it is. Happens in the humidity, cold nights, whenever it wants. Replaced many expensive parts. Never will by this brand again!

Date created: 2011-06-28 Name: A. Rinzel
Location: Cumming, GA

"Heat good/AC not"
12 We have two identical systems. One of the furnaces has required a new ignitor that I replaced myself. The other developed a problem due to a loose connection, easily fixed by tightening a screw connection for the wiring from the thermostat at the control board. The furnaces are quite reliable based on our experience. The AC systems have been troublesome, one involving a failed condenser motor after six years of service, costing $1600 for replacement including installation. The other system developed an evaporator leak after 8 years, costing about $1100 for a new evaporator including installation. We are planning complete replacement of both HVAC systems when another major AC problem occurs. We will find another brand installed by a local independent HVAQ company highly recommended by neighbors. There are few Comfortmaker Authorized Installers in our area.

Date created: 2011-03-26 Name: JAY HANSEN
Location: Malad City, Idaho

"JAY HANSEN"
We installed this furnace in November of 2004 (new construction)and so far we have replaced four (4) exhaust blowers. We have had the furnace unit check and rechecked. We have cleaned the flues. We have checked gas presures. So far we can find nothing wrong with furnace. However, the exhaust blowers keep buring up or at least they quit working and so we do not get any heat. If anyone can help me solve the problems, Great. Otherwise this furnace will not last much longer.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Lance and Lisa
Location: Colorado

"Do NOT buy Comfortmaker"
If you want reliable heat in cold weather, do not buy this product! We have had this unit for 5 years and it has been repaired 3 years ina row! If this company goes out of business, we would all be better off.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Lisa In Colorado

"Horrible product"
3 years in a row, we have had to replace the inducer motor on a five year old furnace with tempatures in the 10 degree area! i would NEVER recommend this company!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: N.Hayes
Location: Chicago, IL

"Heater"
I boughta the house in Oct. 2005 and in Jan. 20006 the furnace went down, I replace it with a Goodman and that same year the furnace went down, our repair man told us that we had to upgraid to a better one so we went with a Comfortmaker and evet since we are having problems every winter at this point I don't know what to do we are spending a lot of money and no one seems to fix the problem. I am very unsatisfied with the furnace and repair man.