Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2011-06-28 Name: A. Rinzel
Location: Cumming, GA

"Heat good/AC not"
12 We have two identical systems. One of the furnaces has required a new ignitor that I replaced myself. The other developed a problem due to a loose connection, easily fixed by tightening a screw connection for the wiring from the thermostat at the control board. The furnaces are quite reliable based on our experience. The AC systems have been troublesome, one involving a failed condenser motor after six years of service, costing $1600 for replacement including installation. The other system developed an evaporator leak after 8 years, costing about $1100 for a new evaporator including installation. We are planning complete replacement of both HVAC systems when another major AC problem occurs. We will find another brand installed by a local independent HVAQ company highly recommended by neighbors. There are few Comfortmaker Authorized Installers in our area.

Date created: 2011-03-26 Name: JAY HANSEN
Location: Malad City, Idaho

"JAY HANSEN"
We installed this furnace in November of 2004 (new construction)and so far we have replaced four (4) exhaust blowers. We have had the furnace unit check and rechecked. We have cleaned the flues. We have checked gas presures. So far we can find nothing wrong with furnace. However, the exhaust blowers keep buring up or at least they quit working and so we do not get any heat. If anyone can help me solve the problems, Great. Otherwise this furnace will not last much longer.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Lance and Lisa
Location: Colorado

"Do NOT buy Comfortmaker"
If you want reliable heat in cold weather, do not buy this product! We have had this unit for 5 years and it has been repaired 3 years ina row! If this company goes out of business, we would all be better off.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Lisa In Colorado

"Horrible product"
3 years in a row, we have had to replace the inducer motor on a five year old furnace with tempatures in the 10 degree area! i would NEVER recommend this company!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: N.Hayes
Location: Chicago, IL

"Heater"
I boughta the house in Oct. 2005 and in Jan. 20006 the furnace went down, I replace it with a Goodman and that same year the furnace went down, our repair man told us that we had to upgraid to a better one so we went with a Comfortmaker and evet since we are having problems every winter at this point I don't know what to do we are spending a lot of money and no one seems to fix the problem. I am very unsatisfied with the furnace and repair man.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: Burden in Detroit Metro
Location: Detroit, Michigan

"Gne100f14g1"
I bought a home with a 2003 unit in 2010 (Jan). The blower and sensors were changed...and then the problem continued with shutting off from 68 to 55-56 degrees. Unit is clean, mostly replaced and system balanced. With all the upgrades they made for "new assembly boards" - one would need to considr if they had a MFG or design error. I guess the board ois next to replace before I take the hit and replace a 6 year old unit???

Date created: 2010-10-30 Name: Thomas Champion
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

"Me? Cardiovascular Perfusionist"
I have had to replace the exhaust motor the first year for around $260 but have had no problem with the 80% efficiency furnace since then. The service man this last year said he liked it for its simplicity. It was installed in 1993 and still runs.

Date created: 2010-10-18 Name: Sandy
Location: Council Bluffs, IA

"26 years old furnace"
It's been a pretty reliable furnace, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the more efficiency furnace and take advantage of the tax credits and rebates!

Date created: 2010-10-05 Name: KD
Location: Illinois

"Extremely unhappy"
We have had unit for only 5 yrs, and it is nothing but a piece of crap. We have had to replace the gas valve every year since 2007 and will have to replace again this year.

Date created: 2010-06-19 Name: Jackson

"Comfortmaker = Carrier"
Comfortmaker is Carrier. I have installed for over 10 years and believe it is good. It is marketed under about 20 different brands Carrier, Arcoaire, Tempstar, etc. Coils go out. Not as bad as some other brands. They are quiet. Well-engineered. Easy to maintain.