Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2012-07-29 Name: Al Rinzel
Location: Cumming, GA

"I have 2, only one had a problem in 13 yrs"
I have two units, one of which had an ignitor problem that developed into no heat when the unit was about 8 years old. I replaced the ignitor myself and have not had a failure of any kind since, both units now 13 years old.

Date created: 2012-05-22 Name: Scott Z
Location: Greeley, CO

"Been great, not sure what the model number is"
I was unsure of who Comfortmaker even was when I bought. I have had no problems and only upkeep is changing the filters. The a/c is freezing, and the heat works great too. I would recommend to anyone. I was told it was much better than the Lennox it replaced, which has been the case. It keeps this 70 year old house very comfortable.
Date created: 2012-01-29 Name: Dan
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan.

"POS in the beginning the 14 years of troublefree operation and now having problems"
In the beginning this furnace was a serious pos. In the first 4 years I had 5 issues. First it was the ignitor, then draft motor capacitor, then draft motor, then controller and finally the flame sensor failed to identify a flame because a spider crawled into a crossover tube and prevented the far burners from igniting (not a furnace design or manufacturing problem). Then the furnace ran flawlessly for 13 years. Last year the furnace blower motor failed and I replaced that. Today the furnace was blowing cold air and I went and check the computer and it was flashing a "1" flash. System Lock-out fault. Turned the power off and back on and furnace has been running fine since. Hope it's an ignitor or carbon on the flame sensor, but working fine for now.
Date created: 2011-12-07 Name: S.Switzer
Location: Denver, Co

"Do not buy Comfortmaker"
This furnace has been a disaster - we have bought a new blower motor twice and a new control board -- all in 2 years. Comfortmaker company refused to even discuss the matter saying it's all the dealer's problem. We are spending a fortune buying overpriced parts and paying for labor. This furnace is a lemon!
Date created: 2011-11-28 Name: Ron
Location: Minnesota

"Close to 20 Years of Reliable Heat"
I wanted central air so I replaced (supplemented) electric radiant heat with Comfortmaker gua060 propane with a matching Comfortmaker a/c unit propane back in 1994. 2 years ago I had an ignition problem. The unit's ignition ignitor (it's electronic, no pilot light) essentially wore out and I had it replaced. At that time I was considering a replacement due to age, heat is rather important in the winter where I live. But the service tech mentioned "it's a a great looking unit...the heat exchanger was like new, etc" why replace it. Now, 2 years later another issue has arose. I think I'll be be to fix it myself after doing some research and clean the flame sensor. Just wanted to comment on my experience. I would have no problem installing another Comfortmaker unit.
Date created: 2011-10-18 Name: s smith
Location: olathe,ks

"Homeowner"
Bought house almost 5 year ago, furnace and a/c 2 years old then, every fall furnace will not come on. A different part goes out each time, computer board, etc, each time 400 -500 to repair. After repair runs through winter w/no problem until turned on in fall, is out again. Buying different brand now.
Date created: 2011-10-05 Name: s. zurbrigen
Location: Colorado

"80% efficiency"
I have never had a "Comfort Maker" Just about to have one installed. I see that carrier is the same. I have one a carrier in a rental property built in 2001. I have had no problems. The unit being replaced in my house (tomorrow) is 56 years old and has given me no problems, I just wonder if the Comfortmaker is going to last as long.
Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Ron P.
Location: Minnesota

"Not bad furnaces"
I have installed Comfortmaker equipment for 6 years now not had any problems or call backs. Had one that blower motor went out only 3 months old but it wasn't furnace fault it was the homeowner who caused it to go bad. Most failures are due to neglect or homeowners trying to save a buck or two. Other failures are due to installation problems. After so many years things are going to start breaking down sooner or later.
Date created: 2011-07-10 Name: Deb Diedr
Location: McHenry

"Garbage Furnace"
This is the worst furnace I have ever owned. Can't wait to replace it this year! Problems since day one with the furnace turning on but the blowers not.. No one can figure out what it is. Happens in the humidity, cold nights, whenever it wants. Replaced many expensive parts. Never will by this brand again!
Date created: 2011-06-28 Name: A. Rinzel
Location: Cumming, GA

"Heat good/AC not"
12 We have two identical systems. One of the furnaces has required a new ignitor that I replaced myself. The other developed a problem due to a loose connection, easily fixed by tightening a screw connection for the wiring from the thermostat at the control board. The furnaces are quite reliable based on our experience. The AC systems have been troublesome, one involving a failed condenser motor after six years of service, costing $1600 for replacement including installation. The other system developed an evaporator leak after 8 years, costing about $1100 for a new evaporator including installation. We are planning complete replacement of both HVAC systems when another major AC problem occurs. We will find another brand installed by a local independent HVAQ company highly recommended by neighbors. There are few Comfortmaker Authorized Installers in our area.