Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2013-06-03 Name: T. Siciliano
Location: Rockton, Illinois

"Many of These Problems Sound More Like Poor Troubleshooting Try a New Co."
All furnaces, cars, refrigerators, etc., are going to have their problems. Many of these problems I read sound more like the service person and/or company did not troubleshoot properly. I would have been livid in many of those cases also. However, any furnace if installed improperly, poorly maintained is going to have problems. For a motor or circuit board to continually fail in my opinion, something else is going on and needs to be addressed by a company that knows what they are doing.

Date created: 2013-01-14 Name: Larry H
Location: Carolina

"Heat Exchanger is TERRIBLE"
I reccently replaced this furnace after changing the heat exchanger on it twice within 4 years!!! The furnace lasted just over 10 years. What a piece of junk. I replaced it with an Amana that has a lifetime warranty on the stainless steel heat exchanger. If the heat exchanger fails on the amana they give me a brand new furnace. I'm glad this nightmare is over

Date created: 2013-01-12 Name: Lijun Gao
Location: Twin-Cities, MN

"Unbelievably poor quality"
It's blower only last about 1 year. I already had two blowers stop working for a little over two years. I purchased a new construction in 2010. In the winter 2011-2012, its blower died. The installer replaced the blower. I thought it was just one unlucky event. However, within less one year, the replacing blower died again yesterday. I will have installer come in today and will see what he will say and how much he will charge me.

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: D Mestre
Location: Santa Rosa Beach FL

"Won't buy Comfortmaker"
6 year old unit - serviced regularly - replaced control board on air handler 2 years ago - has again died. My hvac company even tried to get them to step up with the replacement part since we are now on the 3rd control board - they could not be bothered. Will never have another.

Date created: 2012-10-16 Name: ed stell
Location: Jenison, Michigan

"Comfort RPG II Flame sensors FAIL"
I have 2 of these in a duplex and almost every year we replace the flame sensors. Contractors tell me a it's a common problem with the units. and replacing them is the only solution

Date created: 2012-07-29 Name: Al Rinzel
Location: Cumming, GA

"I have 2, only one had a problem in 13 yrs"
I have two units, one of which had an ignitor problem that developed into no heat when the unit was about 8 years old. I replaced the ignitor myself and have not had a failure of any kind since, both units now 13 years old.

Date created: 2012-05-22 Name: Scott Z
Location: Greeley, CO

"Been great, not sure what the model number is"
I was unsure of who Comfortmaker even was when I bought. I have had no problems and only upkeep is changing the filters. The a/c is freezing, and the heat works great too. I would recommend to anyone. I was told it was much better than the Lennox it replaced, which has been the case. It keeps this 70 year old house very comfortable.

Date created: 2012-01-29 Name: Dan
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan.

"POS in the beginning the 14 years of troublefree operation and now having problems"
In the beginning this furnace was a serious pos. In the first 4 years I had 5 issues. First it was the ignitor, then draft motor capacitor, then draft motor, then controller and finally the flame sensor failed to identify a flame because a spider crawled into a crossover tube and prevented the far burners from igniting (not a furnace design or manufacturing problem). Then the furnace ran flawlessly for 13 years. Last year the furnace blower motor failed and I replaced that. Today the furnace was blowing cold air and I went and check the computer and it was flashing a "1" flash. System Lock-out fault. Turned the power off and back on and furnace has been running fine since. Hope it's an ignitor or carbon on the flame sensor, but working fine for now.

Date created: 2011-12-07 Name: S.Switzer
Location: Denver, Co

"Do not buy Comfortmaker"
This furnace has been a disaster - we have bought a new blower motor twice and a new control board -- all in 2 years. Comfortmaker company refused to even discuss the matter saying it's all the dealer's problem. We are spending a fortune buying overpriced parts and paying for labor. This furnace is a lemon!

Date created: 2011-11-28 Name: Ron
Location: Minnesota

"Close to 20 Years of Reliable Heat"
I wanted central air so I replaced (supplemented) electric radiant heat with Comfortmaker gua060 propane with a matching Comfortmaker a/c unit propane back in 1994. 2 years ago I had an ignition problem. The unit's ignition ignitor (it's electronic, no pilot light) essentially wore out and I had it replaced. At that time I was considering a replacement due to age, heat is rather important in the winter where I live. But the service tech mentioned "it's a a great looking unit...the heat exchanger was like new, etc" why replace it. Now, 2 years later another issue has arose. I think I'll be be to fix it myself after doing some research and clean the flame sensor. Just wanted to comment on my experience. I would have no problem installing another Comfortmaker unit.