Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2013-12-08 Name: MM
Location: Regina,Sask.,Canada

"Baby it's cold up here"
I'm an apprentice sheet metal worker and did the swap along with a journeyman. I'm very happy with this furnace since its install in '09. Especially this past week as the temp has ranged from -28c to -32C, add in the windchill and it goes down to -41c to -49c. I have my thermostat set at 21c and am quite comfortable. Since installing this unit,my gas bill has dropped from $109 to $65 per month equalized payments. Like any product, there are bound to be issues sooner or later, especially if you don't maintain it properly. Choose your service company wisely. Clean or replace your good quality air filter regularly, even monthly if you have pets. What else can I say? I also installed a swordfish uv light in the r/a duct for better indoor air quality.

Date created: 2013-09-11 Name: J.Romero
Location: Albuquerque New Mexico

"Heating and Cooling Products"
I own Specialized Plumbing & Heating in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I came across this website to check the satisfaction of Comfortmaker as compared to other brands. I have been using this product for a few years without any issues or complaints. The ratings here are pretty much equal for all products as far as complaints, but most of the time it's not the product, it's your installer. Lot's of care and knowledge need to be applied to a product for proper installation, efficiency, and overall comfort. Like sizing, calculating manual. All products are generally the same depending on the model. Installation is the key.

Date created: 2013-07-27 Name: C. Thompkins
Location: Decatur, Georgia

"I Purchased This Home 12/91"
I purchased this home 12/91, it came with the Comfortmaker air/heat unit. I have only had freon, capacitor, fan, and other minor issues since 1991. I applaud the efficiency of this unit and would consider a new one. I say consider, because the newer models seem to be having a great deal more issues than the older one. I thank Comfortmaker for the service this unit has provided in my home and hope it continues for another 21 years. Sincerely.

Date created: 2013-06-03 Name: T. Siciliano
Location: Rockton, Illinois

"Many of These Problems Sound More Like Poor Troubleshooting Try a New Co."
All furnaces, cars, refrigerators, etc., are going to have their problems. Many of these problems I read sound more like the service person and/or company did not troubleshoot properly. I would have been livid in many of those cases also. However, any furnace if installed improperly, poorly maintained is going to have problems. For a motor or circuit board to continually fail in my opinion, something else is going on and needs to be addressed by a company that knows what they are doing.

Date created: 2013-01-14 Name: Larry H
Location: Carolina

"Heat Exchanger is TERRIBLE"
I reccently replaced this furnace after changing the heat exchanger on it twice within 4 years!!! The furnace lasted just over 10 years. What a piece of junk. I replaced it with an Amana that has a lifetime warranty on the stainless steel heat exchanger. If the heat exchanger fails on the amana they give me a brand new furnace. I'm glad this nightmare is over

Date created: 2013-01-12 Name: Lijun Gao
Location: Twin-Cities, MN

"Unbelievably poor quality"
It's blower only last about 1 year. I already had two blowers stop working for a little over two years. I purchased a new construction in 2010. In the winter 2011-2012, its blower died. The installer replaced the blower. I thought it was just one unlucky event. However, within less one year, the replacing blower died again yesterday. I will have installer come in today and will see what he will say and how much he will charge me.

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: D Mestre
Location: Santa Rosa Beach FL

"Won't buy Comfortmaker"
6 year old unit - serviced regularly - replaced control board on air handler 2 years ago - has again died. My hvac company even tried to get them to step up with the replacement part since we are now on the 3rd control board - they could not be bothered. Will never have another.

Date created: 2012-10-16 Name: ed stell
Location: Jenison, Michigan

"Comfort RPG II Flame sensors FAIL"
I have 2 of these in a duplex and almost every year we replace the flame sensors. Contractors tell me a it's a common problem with the units. and replacing them is the only solution

Date created: 2012-07-29 Name: Al Rinzel
Location: Cumming, GA

"I have 2, only one had a problem in 13 yrs"
I have two units, one of which had an ignitor problem that developed into no heat when the unit was about 8 years old. I replaced the ignitor myself and have not had a failure of any kind since, both units now 13 years old.

Date created: 2012-05-22 Name: Scott Z
Location: Greeley, CO

"Been great, not sure what the model number is"
I was unsure of who Comfortmaker even was when I bought. I have had no problems and only upkeep is changing the filters. The a/c is freezing, and the heat works great too. I would recommend to anyone. I was told it was much better than the Lennox it replaced, which has been the case. It keeps this 70 year old house very comfortable.