Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2017-10-03 Name: Disappointed with company
Location: Eastern Oregon

"Nothing but trouble with heatpump and furnace"
This was installed in late September 2010, it worked for less than a month. Heat pump was roaring so loud you couldn't sleep at night and was blowing cold air instead of warm from furnace. Had to run emergency heat all winter because the outfit that installed it refused to come out and see what the problem was until I sent pictures of 3-4 inches of ice on the heat pump on a daily basis for over a week. There was some kind of recall on a part so I contacted them again and they said they would come out. We sat at home all day waiting for them and around 5 pm I called and they said they had been here and nothing was wrong with the part. They did not show up and were lying about it. Finally they replaced whatever the part was and it worked again for less than a month. We went all summer with no air conditioning, tried to get it fixed and they wouldn't come back. So while trying to get Capeco to get on them and get it repaired we went the next several months with no air conditioning during the summer and no heat except emergency heat which raised the electric bill sky high in the winter. We finally got the heat pump fixed or thought we did by a different company. It had a defective part with a cracked cap on the end and stripped threads where the cap went and the cap was laying on the ground under the heat pump and no freon/coolant in heat pump. A month ago we turn on the furnace, heat pump fan ran continuously and wouldn't shut off unless you shut it off manually and blowing cold air all thru the house. Local furnace company comes out and the main coil inside the furnace is no good and leaked everything inside the furnace. The coil is supposedly under warranty but you can't get the part and I do not want the original installer back as they are unreliable and claimed I never contacted them about any problems. Now we are stuck paying for new part and fixing a furnace that hasn't worked from day one. Do not buy this brand.

Date created: 2017-02-14 Name: Gail de shone

"Company doesn't stand behind product"
Furnace is 6 years old. Company won't warranty it because it was never registered. Cheaply made furnace and the manufacture is unreliable. Products should be taken off the market.

Date created: 2016-11-21 Name: R. Jarosiewicz
Location: Dearborn heights. Mi.

"33 years and still going"
My furnace is from 1984 never had a problem still working fine. Want to install a more efficient one but I don't want to part with this one! 33 years and still going strong!

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Waterford MI

"Performance of Comfortmaster Furnace"
A Comfortmaster RPJ II furnace was installed in my house on January 3, 1996. What I like about this furnace is that it has performed flawlessly since I moved into this house in 2009. The only maintenance that has been required is that I change the filters. It was repaired on December 1, 2005 by the previous owner of this house, my father. He kept meticulous records of such things. This house was built in 1955. I am not aware of the make of the previous furnace. I don't know the exact cause of the 2005 malfunction, but the repair went well. I haven't had any problems since I bought the house in 2013. I am part of my gas company's emergency repair insurance program, so I feel confident that I will always have a working furnace. I would recommend the Comfortmaster RPJ II furnace to a friend if they asked me. I am not an expert, but this furnace is reliable.

Date created: 2015-11-30 Name: A. Steinblock
Location: Wisconsin

"Beware!! Poorly made. Won't honor warranty."
Buyer Beware! Purchased three units 3 years ago. Still under the manufacturer's 5 year warranty. Two of the units had the induction motor go out with the first hard, cold week this winter. Replaced the induction motors with OEM units. Comfortmaker refused to credit any money toward the defective parts since we did not use their 'licensed repair centers'. There is no 'licensed repair center' that services our area, so we had to use a 'regular' HVAC repair company. They wouldn't budge an inch. Never again! The HVAC repair man commented on the "extreme lack of quality" in these units. Next time I'll gladly shell out a couple hundred extra to purchase a decent unit.

Date created: 2015-08-24 Name: Scott T
Location: Houston, TX

"17 SEER system"
I installed two Comfortmaker 17 SEER systems in my house three years ago & have been very satisfied with the equipment. My house stays comfortable all year round & electrical bills have been as expected.

Date created: 2015-07-01 Name: C wyatt
Location: Washington Court House, OH

"The best!"
Our furnace and air are both Comfortmaker and they have lasted 23 years. The A/C is needing replaced but the furnace is still running. In 23 years we have had the control board and 3 ignitors on the furnace replaced. On the A/C we have had to replace the cooling fan and that is it. I highly recommend Comfortmaker and would nor hesitate to buy another.

Date created: 2015-02-16 Name: L Michael
Location: Alpharetta, GA

"Very reliable for 20 years!"
I agree that the installation company can make or break a product, so be sure to research the service provider before you let them install any unit! I can tell you that my Comfortmaker furnace was installed in 1995, when the house was built, and it has been wonderful with no problems. It will be 20 years old this year, so I wanted to check on websites to see if other people had the same fortune with this product. I change the filters regularly. Amazing longevity if properly cared for. I highly recommend it!

Date created: 2014-09-23 Name: william santiago
Location: Orange Park, FL

"Warranty"
My blower motor and module was replaced in my Comfortmaker and I was covered under the ten-year warranty. I was charged almost $400.00 and I asked why so much, because I thought I was getting charged for the motor and I asked them why such a high price. They told me that the company Comfortmaker makes the a/c company that's replacing the parts write a report on the part that was replaced. Then they have to ship the defected part to Comfortmaker and that's why it was so high. In other words, they told me that I was paying for their time to write the report and for the shipping of the part back to Comfortmaker. If Comfortmaker is making these dealers do this, and then the costumer gets shafted with this bill, then that warranty is bullshit. I'll try my best not to buy a Comfortmaker again if it's going to be like this. If this is true, that Comfortmaker wants these dealers that sell their product for them to write a report explaining what's wrong with the part and then make them ship the part to them, then Comfortmaker should pay the dealers for their time because these dealers are charging us customers for that process.

Date created: 2013-12-15 Name: Mike R.
Location: Illinois

"NEVER buy Comfortmaker!"
After 8 years the unit keeps blowing cold air and the fan will not stop unless I turn it off at the switch. Now that the warranty is out after 10 years it will cost hundreds to get it fixed. What a piece of crap. My last furnace lasted 30 years. Can you say- "planned obsolescence???"