Consumer Reviews of Comfortmaker furnaces

Read more about Comfortmaker furnaces

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Waterford MI

"Performance of Comfortmaster Furnace"
A Comfortmaster RPJ II furnace was installed in my house on January 3, 1996. What I like about this furnace is that it has performed flawlessly since I moved into this house in 2009. The only maintenance that has been required is that I change the filters. It was repaired on December 1, 2005 by the previous owner of this house, my father. He kept meticulous records of such things. This house was built in 1955. I am not aware of the make of the previous furnace. I don't know the exact cause of the 2005 malfunction, but the repair went well. I haven't had any problems since I bought the house in 2013. I am part of my gas company's emergency repair insurance program, so I feel confident that I will always have a working furnace. I would recommend the Comfortmaster RPJ II furnace to a friend if they asked me. I am not an expert, but this furnace is reliable.

Date created: 2015-11-30 Name: A. Steinblock
Location: Wisconsin

"Beware!! Poorly made. Won't honor warranty."
Buyer Beware! Purchased three units 3 years ago. Still under the manufacturer's 5 year warranty. Two of the units had the induction motor go out with the first hard, cold week this winter. Replaced the induction motors with OEM units. Comfortmaker refused to credit any money toward the defective parts since we did not use their 'licensed repair centers'. There is no 'licensed repair center' that services our area, so we had to use a 'regular' HVAC repair company. They wouldn't budge an inch. Never again! The HVAC repair man commented on the "extreme lack of quality" in these units. Next time I'll gladly shell out a couple hundred extra to purchase a decent unit.

Date created: 2015-08-24 Name: Scott T
Location: Houston, TX

"17 SEER system"
I installed two Comfortmaker 17 SEER systems in my house three years ago & have been very satisfied with the equipment. My house stays comfortable all year round & electrical bills have been as expected.

Date created: 2015-07-01 Name: C wyatt
Location: Washington Court House, OH

"The best!"
Our furnace and air are both Comfortmaker and they have lasted 23 years. The A/C is needing replaced but the furnace is still running. In 23 years we have had the control board and 3 ignitors on the furnace replaced. On the A/C we have had to replace the cooling fan and that is it. I highly recommend Comfortmaker and would nor hesitate to buy another.

Date created: 2015-02-16 Name: L Michael
Location: Alpharetta, GA

"Very reliable for 20 years!"
I agree that the installation company can make or break a product, so be sure to research the service provider before you let them install any unit! I can tell you that my Comfortmaker furnace was installed in 1995, when the house was built, and it has been wonderful with no problems. It will be 20 years old this year, so I wanted to check on websites to see if other people had the same fortune with this product. I change the filters regularly. Amazing longevity if properly cared for. I highly recommend it!

Date created: 2014-09-23 Name: william santiago
Location: Orange Park, FL

"Warranty"
My blower motor and module was replaced in my Comfortmaker and I was covered under the ten-year warranty. I was charged almost $400.00 and I asked why so much, because I thought I was getting charged for the motor and I asked them why such a high price. They told me that the company Comfortmaker makes the a/c company that's replacing the parts write a report on the part that was replaced. Then they have to ship the defected part to Comfortmaker and that's why it was so high. In other words, they told me that I was paying for their time to write the report and for the shipping of the part back to Comfortmaker. If Comfortmaker is making these dealers do this, and then the costumer gets shafted with this bill, then that warranty is bullshit. I'll try my best not to buy a Comfortmaker again if it's going to be like this. If this is true, that Comfortmaker wants these dealers that sell their product for them to write a report explaining what's wrong with the part and then make them ship the part to them, then Comfortmaker should pay the dealers for their time because these dealers are charging us customers for that process.

Date created: 2013-12-15 Name: Mike R.
Location: Illinois

"NEVER buy Comfortmaker!"
After 8 years the unit keeps blowing cold air and the fan will not stop unless I turn it off at the switch. Now that the warranty is out after 10 years it will cost hundreds to get it fixed. What a piece of crap. My last furnace lasted 30 years. Can you say- "planned obsolescence???"

Date created: 2013-12-08 Name: MM
Location: Regina,Sask.,Canada

"Baby it's cold up here"
I'm an apprentice sheet metal worker and did the swap along with a journeyman. I'm very happy with this furnace since its install in '09. Especially this past week as the temp has ranged from -28c to -32C, add in the windchill and it goes down to -41c to -49c. I have my thermostat set at 21c and am quite comfortable. Since installing this unit,my gas bill has dropped from $109 to $65 per month equalized payments. Like any product, there are bound to be issues sooner or later, especially if you don't maintain it properly. Choose your service company wisely. Clean or replace your good quality air filter regularly, even monthly if you have pets. What else can I say? I also installed a swordfish uv light in the r/a duct for better indoor air quality.

Date created: 2013-09-11 Name: J.Romero
Location: Albuquerque New Mexico

"Heating and Cooling Products"
I own Specialized Plumbing & Heating in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I came across this website to check the satisfaction of Comfortmaker as compared to other brands. I have been using this product for a few years without any issues or complaints. The ratings here are pretty much equal for all products as far as complaints, but most of the time it's not the product, it's your installer. Lot's of care and knowledge need to be applied to a product for proper installation, efficiency, and overall comfort. Like sizing, calculating manual. All products are generally the same depending on the model. Installation is the key.

Date created: 2013-07-27 Name: C. Thompkins
Location: Decatur, Georgia

"I Purchased This Home 12/91"
I purchased this home 12/91, it came with the Comfortmaker air/heat unit. I have only had freon, capacitor, fan, and other minor issues since 1991. I applaud the efficiency of this unit and would consider a new one. I say consider, because the newer models seem to be having a great deal more issues than the older one. I thank Comfortmaker for the service this unit has provided in my home and hope it continues for another 21 years. Sincerely.