Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2009-12-28 Name: Mary Kay

"Totally Impressed with Coleman"
We have a factory install a Coleman furnace in our 1989 1900 sq ft. Doublewide. We have owned the home since 1992. We have had to do absolutely nothing to the furnace except change filters! We have a wood stove also and when you light it, the furnace has to be off as to not create a negative draft. I have to hold my hand over the heat register to see if it is on because you can't hear if it is running or not. Very quiet!

Date created: 2009-12-02 Name: Rick

"Coleman T.H.E. Heat Pump"
This Unit was installed new when my home was built. It is coupled with a Coleman air handler with an electric aux heat pack. This unit is still working fine and quiet after 24 years and no repair calls with the exception the defrost circuit board has just gone bad. Rather than invest repair money into this trusty old equipment, I have decided to upgrade to a high efficiency Coleman system. This decision was made solely to take advantage of the current tax and other incentives offered at this point in time. Great heat pump!

Date created: 2009-11-24 Name: Dennis Androli

"Coleman Furnace"
These furnaces are nothing but a headache and a drain on the pocket book. For the past nine years the furnace has had something go wrong every year if not twice per year. I'm tired of being cold and have had it, I'm replacing it with a Lennox.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Jeff Fox

"Great fit"
I wanted to move my furnace under the stairs and only coleman had the 33 inch furnace that would fit under the stairs. It has been installed for about a year and a half now and my gas bill has been cut in half.

Date created: 2009-07-03 Name: V. Blanchard

"Great Little Furnace"
I just replace my furnace with the Coleman 98% furnace, it is almost half the size of my old furnace, but it is very quiet and my house feels warm now.

Date created: 2009-05-25 Name: J. Hasson

"Tax Credit"
I had to replace my gas furnace last week, I compared 6 different brands of furnaces and only coleman had every 90% gas furnace that was 95%. Most had only a couple and some had none. Now that it is installed I am very happy with it. It is very quiet.

Date created: 2009-05-20 Name: Steve Sanders

"Runs Great for years"
I have a Coleman heat pump,and in 12 years I have had no problems. It has always ran great.

Date created: 2009-03-31 Name: COLEMAN

"At fault ; business owner/tech or furnace unit ?"
Mobile home furnace is now 29 months old. Too large sized furnace was installed for the ductwork in 1969 home &furnace would run past safety limits. Tech said that was normal but competitor told me to have tech change orifice. Seems to run all right with that.At 23 months blower motor quit. Tech said warranty was run out and I had to pay for motor and install.At 29 mos.(yesterday)pressure switch quit. Tech said they never break but I purchased one from different Coleman dealer.Installed it myself and it is running again. I am totally soured on Coleman.

Date created: 2009-01-18 Name: Winner
Location: Ontario

"Expensive blower motor replacement cost"
Blower motor has failed after 6 years only. Cost of replacement of this dc direct drive variable speed motor is $900-1,000 without warranty. For the cost of buying a new motor I am seriously thinking of getting a new furnace installed; at least I'll have warranty coverage for new parts installed. Very expensive blower motor!!!

Date created: 2008-12-19 Name: Mike
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Coleman Evcon"
Installed Coleman Evcon heat pump and furnace in August 1997. 100,000 btu 80%. Blew fuse on fan control circuit board 3 weeks after install. Replace fan control circuit board in 1998, new gas valve in 1999, another new fan control circuit board in 2003, another new fan control circuit board in 2008. Now outside thermostat in heat pump bad and defrost board. This thing is a piece of junk and the 10yr. Extended warranty I bought was a joke, York/Coleman would not honor it because the installer was out of business 8 months after he installed the unit. I've spent $1800.00 fixing this piece of crap and won't buy another. I advise you to run if someone tries to sell you any of this junk.