Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2009-03-31 Name: COLEMAN

"At fault ; business owner/tech or furnace unit ?"
Mobile home furnace is now 29 months old. Too large sized furnace was installed for the ductwork in 1969 home &furnace would run past safety limits. Tech said that was normal but competitor told me to have tech change orifice. Seems to run all right with that.At 23 months blower motor quit. Tech said warranty was run out and I had to pay for motor and install.At 29 mos.(yesterday)pressure switch quit. Tech said they never break but I purchased one from different Coleman dealer.Installed it myself and it is running again. I am totally soured on Coleman.

Date created: 2009-01-18 Name: Winner
Location: Ontario

"Expensive blower motor replacement cost"
Blower motor has failed after 6 years only. Cost of replacement of this dc direct drive variable speed motor is $900-1,000 without warranty. For the cost of buying a new motor I am seriously thinking of getting a new furnace installed; at least I'll have warranty coverage for new parts installed. Very expensive blower motor!!!

Date created: 2008-12-19 Name: Mike
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

"Coleman Evcon"
Installed Coleman Evcon heat pump and furnace in August 1997. 100,000 btu 80%. Blew fuse on fan control circuit board 3 weeks after install. Replace fan control circuit board in 1998, new gas valve in 1999, another new fan control circuit board in 2003, another new fan control circuit board in 2008. Now outside thermostat in heat pump bad and defrost board. This thing is a piece of junk and the 10yr. Extended warranty I bought was a joke, York/Coleman would not honor it because the installer was out of business 8 months after he installed the unit. I've spent $1800.00 fixing this piece of crap and won't buy another. I advise you to run if someone tries to sell you any of this junk.

Date created: 2008-12-18 Name: R. Weltmer
Location: Lancaster, CA

"Coleman & EVCON Furnace, No Thanks."
My Coleman, (evcon), Furnace Model # dgah056bbsa, (45,000 btu), is less than three years old and the electric fan motor is already making noise. I had to replace the "Glow" stick in August of '08, this year. I cost me $150.00. Now the motor is making noise when it first starts up. It sounds like the bearing is going out. The service Tech who replaced the glow stick also installed the furnace. He said that the motor is expensive I'll never buy another Coleman Furnace for my Mobil Home again. I can't even find the correct filters for it. I have to cut ones from the store to fit it. What a joke!

Date created: 2007-08-19 Name: R. Holland
Location: Nebraska

Have a Coleman furnace and Central Air Combo that has lasted for 33 years. It just started to leak freon in the central air unit so we are replacing both for more efficient models. After 33 years, it deserves a rest. Very satisfied with this old trooper.