Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2010-03-22 Name: T. Westergreen

"Coleman Echelon 9.V"
I replaced a 27 year old furnace and AC unit with this junk furnace. It has failed every heating season so far and is not even 5 years old yet. I was not offered the extended 10 year warranty that is shown on the Coleman website. I had to read about it myself. Every year, the dealer tells me I should have purchased their service agreement and I say what for???? The unit has a 5 year parts and labor warranty and the problems sure are not human error. They counter by saying it needs maintenance every year just like your car. Well, if they are here every year because it quits working then that is the "every year" visit!!!!! I will be replacing this furnace and seeking legal means as to getting a defective product from day one.

Date created: 2010-03-11 Name: FC

"High efficiency"
Had a Coleman installed in 1987. 4 years, usage hot surface ignitor changed. 6 years, hot surface ignitor and circuit board. 7 years, the power exhaust fan made by Fasco just disintegrated. The resettable flame sensor intermittent because the reset switch plastic is cracked. After that, it went fine.

Date created: 2010-03-06 Name: Rich

"Moblil Home furnaces are DIFFERENT than typical housing."
When posting, please indicate if your furnace/AC is being used on a standard stick built home or a mobile home. The two furnaces are totally different! Btw, you can not legally use a typical furnace in a modular/mobile home. Furnaces must be rated and approved for use in mobile homes or you may experience difficulties in operation and possible insurance claims if there are problems, such as a fire. Now, I'm interested in the furnaces used in typical stick built homes, anyone have experience with the Coleman Echelon 98% Modulating?

Date created: 2010-02-14 Name: KRA

"Coleman/york equipment"
I have been in the business for over 27 years installing/servicing/engineering residential/commercial/industrial and found most of the problems with new installations are poor installers that have not been thru any kind of training/technical schools.

Date created: 2010-02-09 Name: Tom G.

"Older mobile home furnace/AC"
A 1990 Coleman 7956a856 was in a mobile home, purchased in 2001. Put in service 2002. In 2005, the central air unit failed and was replaced. The furnace and ac have worked well. Limit switches will be replaced this winter (2010). Except that newer units are more efficient, I am satisfied with the performance.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Mildred Williams

"Coleman Gas furnace"
I had a Coleman Gas Heating System installed in 02/28/2009. I used the heating system for approximately one month. Used the system again on 11/09. It stopped putting out heat in 11/25/09. The Service Specialist said the thermostat was bad. I informed him the stat was new. He insisted the stat was bad. I let him replace it at a charge of $100.00. Heat was working until 8pm on 1/3/10. I tried turning the system to off but would not turn off. Slept the entire night under air. Called the thermostat company and was informed itís not the thermostat. Called the Specialist and he said it sounds like a switch in the acetic system not allowing the opening and closing to release the heat. Currently it's 1/4/10 11pm and the system has not shut off. My old system Lennox worked fine from 1985 and after Hurricane Katrina until 2/09. I was also told I would have to pay a service charge each time a Specialist comes out. If there are other defects in this system , I would very much like to know. I will be a very angry customer if I have to continue to pay service charge fees if this continues. I have already invested $5,900 for both the heating and ac systems.

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: Mavis J. Carey

"Coleman"
My Coleman furnace was bought in Oct. 2009. It is so noisy that I use a floor heater to warm the house during the day & the furnace after I go to bed. The technician from the company I bought it, told us that there was nothing that can be done about the noise. So now, we have a new furnace & air conditioner & cannot use either.

Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: Robert LaVeine

"An expert on furnaces"
I am a retired m/h dealer. I am 83 yrs old. I was a service point for Coleman, Intertherm and Lear Segular (home) furnaces. I now rent as apts 25 units. Most have new or late model Coleman units which are very unreliable. Example, a tenant went to the hospital for 3 days, the temp. outside was 0. She set her thermostat at 50. When we checked it 3 days later, it was out and everything was frozen solid. Their circuit board is a joke. We have replaced 90% of them more than once. In my professional opinion, Coleman has went downhill and unreliable. Damage done that no warranty can replace.

Date created: 2009-12-28 Name: Mary Kay

"Totally Impressed with Coleman"
We have a factory install a Coleman furnace in our 1989 1900 sq ft. Doublewide. We have owned the home since 1992. We have had to do absolutely nothing to the furnace except change filters! We have a wood stove also and when you light it, the furnace has to be off as to not create a negative draft. I have to hold my hand over the heat register to see if it is on because you can't hear if it is running or not. Very quiet!

Date created: 2009-12-02 Name: Rick

"Coleman T.H.E. Heat Pump"
This Unit was installed new when my home was built. It is coupled with a Coleman air handler with an electric aux heat pack. This unit is still working fine and quiet after 24 years and no repair calls with the exception the defrost circuit board has just gone bad. Rather than invest repair money into this trusty old equipment, I have decided to upgrade to a high efficiency Coleman system. This decision was made solely to take advantage of the current tax and other incentives offered at this point in time. Great heat pump!