Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: R. Cruz

"Customer"
Recently purchased a home (manufactured home) for my mother and realized that the furnace assy,booster motor was not working. i called and checked on the internet for the replacement part and only got the runaround. no one seems to have the part in stock and when they say they do i would get a call saying that it will take weeks to get here. what good is a furnace if it is near to impossible to find a part when you need it.

Date created: 2010-09-26 Name: joe b
Location: monroe twp,new jersey

"Works great"
I have installed hundreds of coleman furnaces if they are installed properly you will be very happy with its performance.

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: C. Runnels

"Mr."
Installed 5 years switch on ac unit changed out 2 times in condenser unit. Arched and welded shut. Upper furnace front [plastic] is deformed from heat and is falling apart, having to bale wire the filters to keep in place. The filter retention system is a work of art. Reason I'm here, looking for parts.

Date created: 2010-03-22 Name: T. Westergreen

"Coleman Echelon 9.V"
I replaced a 27 year old furnace and AC unit with this junk furnace. It has failed every heating season so far and is not even 5 years old yet. I was not offered the extended 10 year warranty that is shown on the Coleman website. I had to read about it myself. Every year, the dealer tells me I should have purchased their service agreement and I say what for???? The unit has a 5 year parts and labor warranty and the problems sure are not human error. They counter by saying it needs maintenance every year just like your car. Well, if they are here every year because it quits working then that is the "every year" visit!!!!! I will be replacing this furnace and seeking legal means as to getting a defective product from day one.

Date created: 2010-03-11 Name: FC

"High efficiency"
Had a Coleman installed in 1987. 4 years, usage hot surface ignitor changed. 6 years, hot surface ignitor and circuit board. 7 years, the power exhaust fan made by Fasco just disintegrated. The resettable flame sensor intermittent because the reset switch plastic is cracked. After that, it went fine.

Date created: 2010-03-06 Name: Rich

"Moblil Home furnaces are DIFFERENT than typical housing."
When posting, please indicate if your furnace/AC is being used on a standard stick built home or a mobile home. The two furnaces are totally different! Btw, you can not legally use a typical furnace in a modular/mobile home. Furnaces must be rated and approved for use in mobile homes or you may experience difficulties in operation and possible insurance claims if there are problems, such as a fire. Now, I'm interested in the furnaces used in typical stick built homes, anyone have experience with the Coleman Echelon 98% Modulating?

Date created: 2010-02-14 Name: KRA

"Coleman/york equipment"
I have been in the business for over 27 years installing/servicing/engineering residential/commercial/industrial and found most of the problems with new installations are poor installers that have not been thru any kind of training/technical schools.

Date created: 2010-02-09 Name: Tom G.

"Older mobile home furnace/AC"
A 1990 Coleman 7956a856 was in a mobile home, purchased in 2001. Put in service 2002. In 2005, the central air unit failed and was replaced. The furnace and ac have worked well. Limit switches will be replaced this winter (2010). Except that newer units are more efficient, I am satisfied with the performance.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Mildred Williams

"Coleman Gas furnace"
I had a Coleman Gas Heating System installed in 02/28/2009. I used the heating system for approximately one month. Used the system again on 11/09. It stopped putting out heat in 11/25/09. The Service Specialist said the thermostat was bad. I informed him the stat was new. He insisted the stat was bad. I let him replace it at a charge of $100.00. Heat was working until 8pm on 1/3/10. I tried turning the system to off but would not turn off. Slept the entire night under air. Called the thermostat company and was informed itís not the thermostat. Called the Specialist and he said it sounds like a switch in the acetic system not allowing the opening and closing to release the heat. Currently it's 1/4/10 11pm and the system has not shut off. My old system Lennox worked fine from 1985 and after Hurricane Katrina until 2/09. I was also told I would have to pay a service charge each time a Specialist comes out. If there are other defects in this system , I would very much like to know. I will be a very angry customer if I have to continue to pay service charge fees if this continues. I have already invested $5,900 for both the heating and ac systems.

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: Mavis J. Carey

"Coleman"
My Coleman furnace was bought in Oct. 2009. It is so noisy that I use a floor heater to warm the house during the day & the furnace after I go to bed. The technician from the company I bought it, told us that there was nothing that can be done about the noise. So now, we have a new furnace & air conditioner & cannot use either.