Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2010-10-28 Name: rick

"100,000 BTU 2 stage 6 years old"
I replaced a25 year old funace that worked well no trouble with a 2 stage 100,000 btu coleman never has worked right. the heating man was going to put an 80000 btu in my 1979 home but i asked for a 100000 btu. when it gets to zero outside it wont keep up would not recommend to anynoe

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: Randy
Location: Wisconsin

"Wouldn't recommend"
My Coleman furnace was installed new when my manufactured home was built 6 years ago. Last year I had to have the glow plug replaced, which wasn't a huge repair, but still fairly expensive. Yesterday when I was having the annual inspection done on it, I found out there is a crack in the heat exchanger. There was a 10-year warranty on it, so I "only" have to pay $500 for shipping and labor to have a new one installed! To top that off, I was told that there is only a 1 year warranty on the new heat exchanger from Coleman. What sense does that make?!? I would think the new exchanger would be under warranty for at least the remaining 4 years of the original 10-year warranty. I guess Coleman must think their own products are junk if they're not even willing to take a chance in covering it for more than a year! I would not recommend a Coleman furnace to anyone - especially after seeing how many other people have had problems!

Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: Amanda L'Heureux
Location: Alberta, Canada

"Not a happy customer"
Have owned our furnace just over 3yrs and had to replace the pressure switch four times. Once under warrintiy. Plus the guys (Dumbass) who installed it left the tape and card board in the main duct. Plus they didn't mention you to take our door off in front of the furnace and the furnace got so hot that it start to melt and warp where the covers forwhere you put the filters.Then we found out later it's to big for our Trailer. To top it all the it so noisey that we have to turn up our t.v just about ten notches to listen to it when it's on.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: W NICHOLS
Location: KENOSHA WI

"Piece of garbage"
Had it installed 6 years ago never made it through 1 winter without having to replace part.I had old furnace in house for 25 year never had to put anything into that one.NEVER BUY COLEMAN FURNACE

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: LindaS
Location: Georgetown, De

"Homeowner"
Purchased coleman 13 seer furnace & a/c 5-2006 for my double wide mobile home. April 2010 had to replace blower motor because of vibration. July, 2010 bad vubration has come back possibly need another motor. This unit is very efficient but it is so noisy it wakes you up in middle of night when it runs. Doesn't seem to me that it should be falling apart this soon. It has been serviced as I was advised to do. My other furnace was 16 years old and didn't have this many problems. It would be nice to have some help with this. Are there any recalls for these motors where supposedly the shaft is vibrating.

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: R. Cruz

"Customer"
Recently purchased a home (manufactured home) for my mother and realized that the furnace assy,booster motor was not working. i called and checked on the internet for the replacement part and only got the runaround. no one seems to have the part in stock and when they say they do i would get a call saying that it will take weeks to get here. what good is a furnace if it is near to impossible to find a part when you need it.

Date created: 2010-09-26 Name: joe b
Location: monroe twp,new jersey

"Works great"
I have installed hundreds of coleman furnaces if they are installed properly you will be very happy with its performance.

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: C. Runnels

"Mr."
Installed 5 years switch on ac unit changed out 2 times in condenser unit. Arched and welded shut. Upper furnace front [plastic] is deformed from heat and is falling apart, having to bale wire the filters to keep in place. The filter retention system is a work of art. Reason I'm here, looking for parts.

Date created: 2010-03-22 Name: T. Westergreen

"Coleman Echelon 9.V"
I replaced a 27 year old furnace and AC unit with this junk furnace. It has failed every heating season so far and is not even 5 years old yet. I was not offered the extended 10 year warranty that is shown on the Coleman website. I had to read about it myself. Every year, the dealer tells me I should have purchased their service agreement and I say what for???? The unit has a 5 year parts and labor warranty and the problems sure are not human error. They counter by saying it needs maintenance every year just like your car. Well, if they are here every year because it quits working then that is the "every year" visit!!!!! I will be replacing this furnace and seeking legal means as to getting a defective product from day one.

Date created: 2010-03-11 Name: FC

"High efficiency"
Had a Coleman installed in 1987. 4 years, usage hot surface ignitor changed. 6 years, hot surface ignitor and circuit board. 7 years, the power exhaust fan made by Fasco just disintegrated. The resettable flame sensor intermittent because the reset switch plastic is cracked. After that, it went fine.