Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2013-03-11 Name: C Nelson
Location: Illinois

"The WORST"
There is not even a real heat exchanger, just a big metal can, very ineffecient. Also the electronics are unreliable, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This is very dangerous, I do not want the gas to keep flowing if there is not a flame. I junked one of the 2 units I have and replaces it with Rheem.

Date created: 2013-02-08 Name: Leonard
Location: Ab cdn

"Not the furnace"
We have installed furnaces since 1978 have serviced almost every brand know to man I don't know how many furnaces that we have had to fix because they were installed improperly we did sell Lennox Rudd Armstrong Olsen and Colman Lennox gave us good service until the g50 models came out air switch problem induced draft motors would not last 6 months finally gave up on Lennox because of warranty issues they would not stand behind Rudd had problems with their hsi and hs780 boards Olsen never gave us problems but we lost our wholesaler so had to drop the line. Armstrong went the same way as Lennox bad air switches external drain traps they claim they have finally got that fixed Lennox also claims there's are good now to but Lennox is to ignorant to deal with so we won't handle their product but we sell tons of parts $20-30,000 a year the Coleman's have had a perfect record to date after 3 years of sales all one thing to watch for in the Colman is the small yellow plug where the plastic chimney clamps on has not got knocked off that will cause a leak and itís hard to see the Colman has not reverted to the external trap yet. That has caused a lot of issues on Lennox and Armstrong unless it is extended also Armstrong and Lennox venting has to be done correctly ie reduce the out let on certain but loads I just wish installers could learn how to set up furnaces and read the install manual and maybe there would not be so many disheartened customers. If you are a customer with a problematic furnace and can't get results from your installer I know this is not your job but read the install manual and try finding a competent install to repair your furnace once and for all. We have fixed lots of so called junk furnaces and were able to get them running perfectly with most often some real stupid little fix that was overlooked or not known about during initial install.

Date created: 2012-12-16 Name: Amie L.
Location: St. Louis MO

"Extremely unhappy"
If I could afford a lawyer after the constant service calls, I would get one. We purchased the high efficiency furnace and ac units in 2007. There has not been a season change (live in the Midwest) when we did not have to make at least 2-3 service calls or more, costing us several hundred to thousands even. The best part is that not many companies in my area even work on Coleman's anymore due to their poor quality. Sure wish the company that installed these pieces of junk was in that group...I Am, as I type, waiting for 3 companies to call me back to see if they will work on our furnace. Luckily it is the warmest winter that I can remember. I would never buy or recommend any coleman product ever again! As soon as I can afford it, I will replace the units.

Date created: 2012-11-04 Name: scott

"Avoid Coleman Furnaces"
Every time I need to start the furnace, it won't work. I need to call a service tech. This week I will have the pressure switch replace again. Wish I'd shopped around more.

Date created: 2012-10-03 Name: c. susie
Location: Beaman,ia

"Crap!"
Had furnace 2 yrs and had to get new board and gas pressure valve of course warranty up so it cost $600 wtf!!!

Date created: 2012-01-09 Name: David Gorman
Location: ottawa, canada

"I wish i had not bought this Coleman Furnace"
I wish I had known about this site before I purchased, or done any research, but I was blinded by the cheap cost...now I know why it was cheap. I bought the fc9c080c16up11a model (part of the Echelon 9c series) 3 years ago and have had 5 service appointments on it already. I live in Ottawa Canada, and when this thing fails (which is surprisingly often) you wake up in the cold. I have had problems with pressure switches, and even had the mother-board replaced. I wish I had not bought this Coleman furnace. I would never buy another Coleman again.

Date created: 2011-11-26 Name: D. Cheung
Location: Granite City IL

"Real Junk"
I have this piece of junk called a Coleman furnace. First year: within 4 months had to have the repairman come. Thank God it was still under warranty. It has always made loud noises. I asked the serviceman why, and he stated "You have an money pit. You should have bought yourself an better name brand. Now it needs a circuit board -- that thing fried for no reason." I will never buy another Coleman furnace again nor will advise anyone too. You can't buy any parts -- they're only sold to dealers. (Unless on eBay and the part is new. Less than $100.00 on eBay I can put it in myself.) The furnace is made so cheaply and simply put together the serviceman wants $200.00 for the same part also wants his $50.00 service call that's without labor. Coleman has to know it's pure junk. They are just sticking it too us. All of the parts are made in China -- they only put their name on it to have everyone believe they are getting quality merchandise. Forget it! Unitary Products Group you have to know it's nothing more than a money maker for your company due to the selling of useless parts. I now have to be late on some bills so I will not freeze this week. We are going to have snow on Sunday and the part won't come in til Monday! Hope my pipes will not freeze. Thanks for nothing Coleman.

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: brandon
Location: texas

"Coleman heaters not dependable"
The control board failed so far 3 times, then the drive motor, then a door switch went out, then the door panels fall off. I have spent more money fixing the heater than I did having it installed. Don't recommend its noisy motor wakes me up, bumps my whole attic every time it starts. Never again will I buy this Coleman brand. Always at worst time and have to order parts so you decide.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Name: Luch, Shiptons heating&Cooling
Location: Hamilton Ontario

"Great furnaces"
I work for one of the oldest heating company in Canada,with 87years in business and 50years being a Coleman dealer.My 23years experiance showed me that any model furnace on the market to date all have there share of problems .All furnaces installed must spend the time to be setup properly eg.temp rise,temp drop.gas valve pressure,duct work sizing and most important correct installation of venting, elect etc.This company has installed thousands of these furnaces and yes warrantLy is very important to the consumer thats why our customer service has brought us up to were we are today.

Date created: 2011-04-13 Name: Robert Depratto
Location: Cornwal l ,Canada

"Modulating furnace"
I purchased a modulating furnace in 2008and the unit constantly shuting itself down due to water in presure switch. I have to baby sit unit in winter i dont think that is why i purchased this furnace.My 20 year old furnace broke down one winter on the coldest day of the year and did not want this to happen again .Bought this unit and shuts down all the time has ben looked at several time and now in 2011 imgetting billed for witch has a 10 year warrenty and attitude by the manager of furnace installer .what should i do?