Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2014-11-22 Name: G. L. Hirschi
Location: Park City, MT

"Coleman class action lawsuit"
We've had this unit since 2008, and for the past 3 years we have had trouble with it blowing cold air. Recently we found that there have been a lot of problems with this furnace, and a supplier was surprised that they are still out there. I have been researching the the problems with this unit and I think it is now time for a class action lawsuit against Coleman.

Date created: 2014-11-16 Name: Gary Kovie
Location: Sterling Heights, MI

"Very satisifed with the unit / system"
I like the fact that I know from friend's and associate's comments that this brand and equipment is very reliable, quiet and energy efficient. In addition, I'm told that maintenance costs on this equipment are extremely low, to insure that everything works fine for many, many years. Ease of operation is also an important factor to me.

Date created: 2014-11-14 Name: R Jones
Location: Kirkland, WA

"Worst product on the market!"
This furnace has broken down at least once a year since the installation (2006). Even when it is working, it doesn't work right! I am completely mystified that there has not been a class action suit against Coleman for producing such a completely unreliable product!

Date created: 2014-10-04 Name: P.Brown
Location: Springfield, OH

"Nothing but trouble"
We have replaced a pressure value and the circuit board, and now the blower motor is out. We had our Lennox furnace and had no repairs in 25-plus years. We would not recommend a Coleman furnace, it's nothing but junk. We thought we would replace it and get a higher efficiency furnace; biggest mistake we ever made.

Date created: 2014-09-18 Name: Kevin tanner
Location: Wyoming

"Poor warranty coverage"
I purchased my unit just over a year ago and the blower motor went out. After several attempts to solve the problem, I finally got $75 to cover what cost me $425 to replace. Some warranty! Wrote a review to Coleman where I rated my satisfaction very low. Coleman responded, "May we contact you?" "Of course," I answered. "Please do." Still haven't got any response. I guess they really care.

Date created: 2014-08-08 Name: Terrie Methven
Location: Williamsburg, OH

"Revolv"
It is loud when running and you know when it turns on and off. My units door has louvers in it and there is not a filter that goes on it. The top has a replaceable filter. It seems like the air pulling in the door is dirtying up my a/c coil. If it is to have a filter I was never informed. I just thought it was poor design. I live in a Manufactured home (double wide). I think there is only a couple brands that fit. My contractor chose this one.

Date created: 2014-06-16 Name: Charles Kilgore
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ

"Two Stage PSC Residential Gas Furnace"
The unit is very good.

Date created: 2014-06-01 Name: R loepp
Location: Ottawa

"Worst product I have ever owned"
I have owned a Coleman 9c echelon for under 5 years. In that time we have replaced the board 4 times, and switches another 3 times. Since January of this year we have had 6 calls, and have paid over $1000 in warranty work. If Coleman was the least bit honorable and had any integrity they would recall the furnaces and refund the money, to try to reestablish credibility.

Date created: 2014-01-31 Name: J Perkins
Location: Tucson, Az

"Model W1L3139180"
Ordered this product off the internet (was a pleasure to work with). It came complete with all hardware, wiring, parts, etc. Turn-Key. We hired our own installer and he was very impressed that all parts were included. Unit replaced old and everything fit perfect in the space and hookups allowed. Thank you for making an upgraded model to fit all the old spaces, wiring, and vents. No remodeling was required whatsoever to replace. The contractor had no problems and install was smoothly accomplished.

Date created: 2013-11-25 Name: D. Peoples
Location: San Diego, CA

"Coleman Upflow Horizontal"
Purchased and installed new in 2006. 2009 gas valve issue. 2011 gas valve issue again. Out of warranty. Contacted Coleman directly, could not get a response. Very poor customer service because I never received a call, email, nothing despite multiple attempts to reach them. Paid for repair. 2013 gas valve issue again. Live in San Diego, not like it get used a lot. But expect it to work and to last more than a couple years at a time.