Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2014-08-08 Name: Terrie Methven
Location: Williamsburg, OH

"Revolv"
It is loud when running and you know when it turns on and off. My units door has louvers in it and there is not a filter that goes on it. The top has a replaceable filter. It seems like the air pulling in the door is dirtying up my a/c coil. If it is to have a filter I was never informed. I just thought it was poor design. I live in a Manufactured home (double wide). I think there is only a couple brands that fit. My contractor chose this one.

Date created: 2014-06-16 Name: Charles Kilgore
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ

"Two Stage PSC Residential Gas Furnace"
The unit is very good.

Date created: 2014-06-01 Name: R loepp
Location: Ottawa

"Worst product I have ever owned"
I have owned a Coleman 9c echelon for under 5 years. In that time we have replaced the board 4 times, and switches another 3 times. Since January of this year we have had 6 calls, and have paid over $1000 in warranty work. If Coleman was the least bit honorable and had any integrity they would recall the furnaces and refund the money, to try to reestablish credibility.

Date created: 2014-01-31 Name: J Perkins
Location: Tucson, Az

"Model W1L3139180"
Ordered this product off the internet (was a pleasure to work with). It came complete with all hardware, wiring, parts, etc. Turn-Key. We hired our own installer and he was very impressed that all parts were included. Unit replaced old and everything fit perfect in the space and hookups allowed. Thank you for making an upgraded model to fit all the old spaces, wiring, and vents. No remodeling was required whatsoever to replace. The contractor had no problems and install was smoothly accomplished.

Date created: 2013-11-25 Name: D. Peoples
Location: San Diego, CA

"Coleman Upflow Horizontal"
Purchased and installed new in 2006. 2009 gas valve issue. 2011 gas valve issue again. Out of warranty. Contacted Coleman directly, could not get a response. Very poor customer service because I never received a call, email, nothing despite multiple attempts to reach them. Paid for repair. 2013 gas valve issue again. Live in San Diego, not like it get used a lot. But expect it to work and to last more than a couple years at a time.

Date created: 2013-11-17 Name: Fred Rickover
Location: S.C

"Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"
Bought this one this year and what a disappointment. It doesn't heat as well as the last one. The last one was 11 years old and counting. It was still good when replaced.

Date created: 2013-07-24 Name: Buck
Location: Oregon

"23 Years Old, No Repairs"
Do not know model of our Coleman furnace but we do know it is large enough for our 2900 sq. ft. two story home and it is 22 years old. We have never had a service call other than yearly check. It has never needed any replacement parts other than filters. Maybe the new ones are not made as well but we have been very happy with ours.

Date created: 2013-03-11 Name: C Nelson
Location: Illinois

"The WORST"
There is not even a real heat exchanger, just a big metal can, very ineffecient. Also the electronics are unreliable, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This is very dangerous, I do not want the gas to keep flowing if there is not a flame. I junked one of the 2 units I have and replaces it with Rheem.

Date created: 2013-02-08 Name: Leonard
Location: Ab cdn

"Not the furnace"
We have installed furnaces since 1978 have serviced almost every brand know to man I don't know how many furnaces that we have had to fix because they were installed improperly we did sell Lennox Rudd Armstrong Olsen and Colman Lennox gave us good service until the g50 models came out air switch problem induced draft motors would not last 6 months finally gave up on Lennox because of warranty issues they would not stand behind Rudd had problems with their hsi and hs780 boards Olsen never gave us problems but we lost our wholesaler so had to drop the line. Armstrong went the same way as Lennox bad air switches external drain traps they claim they have finally got that fixed Lennox also claims there's are good now to but Lennox is to ignorant to deal with so we won't handle their product but we sell tons of parts $20-30,000 a year the Coleman's have had a perfect record to date after 3 years of sales all one thing to watch for in the Colman is the small yellow plug where the plastic chimney clamps on has not got knocked off that will cause a leak and itís hard to see the Colman has not reverted to the external trap yet. That has caused a lot of issues on Lennox and Armstrong unless it is extended also Armstrong and Lennox venting has to be done correctly ie reduce the out let on certain but loads I just wish installers could learn how to set up furnaces and read the install manual and maybe there would not be so many disheartened customers. If you are a customer with a problematic furnace and can't get results from your installer I know this is not your job but read the install manual and try finding a competent install to repair your furnace once and for all. We have fixed lots of so called junk furnaces and were able to get them running perfectly with most often some real stupid little fix that was overlooked or not known about during initial install.

Date created: 2012-12-16 Name: Amie L.
Location: St. Louis MO

"Extremely unhappy"
If I could afford a lawyer after the constant service calls, I would get one. We purchased the high efficiency furnace and ac units in 2007. There has not been a season change (live in the Midwest) when we did not have to make at least 2-3 service calls or more, costing us several hundred to thousands even. The best part is that not many companies in my area even work on Coleman's anymore due to their poor quality. Sure wish the company that installed these pieces of junk was in that group...I Am, as I type, waiting for 3 companies to call me back to see if they will work on our furnace. Luckily it is the warmest winter that I can remember. I would never buy or recommend any coleman product ever again! As soon as I can afford it, I will replace the units.