Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2015-10-05 Location: Asheville,NC

"This furnace is a step above the rest"
I have owned this furnace for 5 years. We replaced this heater after moving into our new home. The old one was just gone and after reviewing several options this one not only fit well within our budget but also with rising energy costs. It was also the one that was the most energy efficient. Me and my wife really have nothing bad to say about it and with it being the most popular unit for several years running we can now see why. If you are looking for an affordable furnace and don't want to spend an arm and a leg then this particular unit is and will be your best bet. The only thing we have to do is replace the filter once every few months during the winter time and doing it in this particular unit is a snap. So all in all this furnace is one purchase that me and my wife have yet to regret and neither will you!

Date created: 2015-09-30 Name: jeanette muha
Location: Cibolo, TX

"Good"
While I love the production and cooling of my unit, it seems it makes a lot of noise while running. It seems it could be a bit quieter.

Date created: 2015-09-28 Name: Gary Ciaccio

"Selection"
Coleman is the only unit that can be installed in manufactured homes. I am happy with it but I wish it was more than the 80% efficient that is stated in the materials.

Date created: 2015-09-11 Name: Loretta
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Should I replace my 50-year-old Coleman?"
My furnace was installed in my home in 1964. There has been one repair - the fan motor had to have the bushings redone after 35 years of use. I'm kind of leery of replacing it ("If it ain't broke don't fix it.") but I know my bills are higher than a new furnace would use. I hope Coleman's quality and reliability has stayed the same all these years because I'm tempted to buy another Coleman. 50 years of service with only one repair - fantastic!

Date created: 2015-07-17 Location: Salem, VA

"Loud Monster Furnace"
I don't really know where to begin when addressing our crazy furnace. I guess for the humor, I'll go ahead and say, it does its job...but that's it. Our furnace is a nightmare from hell and there is no exaggeration in that. It roars and screams and is ridiculously loud cutting on and even when it turns off, it's loud. We have even had our neighbors tell us that they can hear it when they are outside. Yes, we live in a trailer; however, it still shouldn't be that loud. We have replaced the motor (thinking that was the problem) only to find out that it was the fan. The maintenance man that came over to look at it said we would be better off just buying a brand new one. Well, maybe he has the extra money, but I sure as heck don't. So, we had to get someone to rig it up to where it isn't as loud. That worked! It wasn't AS loud, but it still is. I would never, not in a million years, recommend this furnace. It wakes us up every time it cuts on at night. We have a baby on the way, and I know it will wake him up. We have had this furnace since they built this trailer about 10 years ago. I am so very unsatisfied with this product. I'm just happy I had the opportunity to share and vent about it on here.

Date created: 2015-02-12 Name: P Parshall
Location: Buffalo, NY

"So far, so good"
I had a 55-year-old Thatcher Comet which never once in its life needed an emergency call but I thought new parts would be impossible to find and the input on it was 95,000 BTU so I reluctantly decided to replace it. I have a single-story ranch of around 1000 square feet and got 3 quotes for a 60,000 BTU Carrier/Trane furnace. Then I found a great contractor who showed me the math and I went with a 40,000 BTU 95% efficient Coleman which he was very experienced with. He installed a Coleman TM9E040A10MP11 this week and so far it's great. I dropped from 95,000 BTU input to 40,000 BTU input. No numbers yet on natural gas usage but I expect good numbers. The Coleman parts are modular, so replacement is easier. Those modules are positioned well so that they will not be affected by proximity to the flame, etc. The guts look like good material. I like the diagnostic LEDs offered on the control panel. I've read that Johnson Controls bought Coleman awhile back so all the controls are JCI, which is a company I respect. It's only 33 inches tall so we put 2 layers of concrete blocks under it; it's easier to work with now that it's 16 inches off the floor. I'm in my first week running this Coleman so I'd give it a conditional 9 out of 10. It's an exceptionally cold February here in Buffalo but this unit has no trouble keeping me right at 69 and I'm not setting it back at night. Hated to get rid of "old reliable" but I'm glad I made the move.

Date created: 2015-01-10 Name: Sharon C
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Worst possible furnace"
I've had this Evcon model for about 10 years. I could have bought a Trane for the amount of money I've spent in repairs. Coleman has made 3 different pressure switches because they can't get it right. All of the parts have been replaced at least once, and now I have to replace the inducer motor again. I'm going with any other brand of furnace now. Don't waste your money if you plan to live in your home more than a couple of years.

Date created: 2014-11-22 Name: G. L. Hirschi
Location: Park City, MT

"Coleman class action lawsuit"
We've had this unit since 2008, and for the past 3 years we have had trouble with it blowing cold air. Recently we found that there have been a lot of problems with this furnace, and a supplier was surprised that they are still out there. I have been researching the the problems with this unit and I think it is now time for a class action lawsuit against Coleman.

Date created: 2014-11-16 Name: Gary Kovie
Location: Sterling Heights, MI

"Very satisifed with the unit / system"
I like the fact that I know from friend's and associate's comments that this brand and equipment is very reliable, quiet and energy efficient. In addition, I'm told that maintenance costs on this equipment are extremely low, to insure that everything works fine for many, many years. Ease of operation is also an important factor to me.

Date created: 2014-11-14 Name: R Jones
Location: Kirkland, WA

"Worst product on the market!"
This furnace has broken down at least once a year since the installation (2006). Even when it is working, it doesn't work right! I am completely mystified that there has not been a class action suit against Coleman for producing such a completely unreliable product!