Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: Robert Lamoureux
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

"Colemans are crap"
Had a Coleman furnace installed on November 27 2014. Found out this morning (Feb 4, 2017) that the blower motor has seized and must be replaced at a cost of $1200.00.

Date created: 2016-12-22 Name: Joseph A Esposito
Location: 10305

"Furnace"
Works well, would buy another one

Date created: 2016-12-08 Name: LJE
Location: SE, PA

"Only 8 years old?"
I've had my Coleman only 8 years, and it's giving me nothing but problems. Will never purchase another, and I'm told I already need a new system? I've replaced the blower motor, the relay switch and the thermostat, and it runs more and more...but not blowing out as much as when it was new. What bothers me, is people who leave feedback when they just purchased a new system and haven't had it running even a year? I see that so much on these reviews. Of course, it's not going to give you any trouble. And, when a company only issues a year warranty, then that alone should tell you something is wrong. Lenox gives you a 10 year warranty. People, do your homework, shop around, get pricing....don't settle for less. I will not purchase another Coleman, that's for sure.

Date created: 2016-10-24 Name: David Fenwick
Location: Ocean, NJ

"My new furnace"
Old furnace was 45 years old and had been patched last year by the contractor. They recommended a new furnace at that time, but having just retired, it was not in the budget. October 2016, furnace did not work when turned on. Contractor noted age and condition of the furnace of strongly recommended replacing it. Having used the contractor where I worked, I agreed. Good price, furnace installed in 1 1/2 days. Been in for 4 days and has worked fine.

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: Mary Edwards
Location: Idaho

"Cost"
I wish the cost of the furnace and installation cost less. Both seemed somewhat excessive.

Date created: 2016-04-05 Name: j nelson
Location: Stillwater, MN

"Furnace install and repairs"
This furnace has needed repairs about every season for a year. For some reason they only warrantied it for a few years. I really question if it was installed correctly. Bottom of the unit came all dented. After repairs there are always extra pieces sitting around. Filter was forgotten to be installed. ***** **** ******* installed it and we are hesitant to call them anymore.

Date created: 2016-04-03 Name: M. Reed
Location: Dayton, OH

"My experience"
This Coleman unit looks nice and provides consistent heat flow to my home. My installer (Ed Baker, Beavercreek, OH 937-681-2312) was fantastic and had me up and running in 4 hours. The 4 hour install included removal of my existing unit!

Date created: 2016-02-16 Name: M. J.
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Old Faithful"
My dear old Coleman has finally given up the ghost after 55 years of loyal service. (Actually, it still functions; it just doesn't function properly anymore, and I can't get parts for a furnace that's old enough to qualify for the seniors' discount at the drug store!) I can't vouch for their current models, but they sure made a fine product in the past. I'd love another Coleman -- but none of the contractors in my area seems to stock the brand.

Date created: 2016-02-04 Name: Steven Moseng
Location: St.Paul, MN

"Haven't had 7 days straight with heat in January 2016"
Haven't had 7 straight days with heat in 2016. Furnace repair tech out every week so far. Furnace is 5 years old or less.

Date created: 2016-01-09 Name: Jan Michael
Location: Ten Sleep, WY

"Fantastic"
We installed a Coleman forced air furnace and AC in the past year. We had never had either of them before and are very pleased with the performance of both units and the affordability. The heat is as good as our old freestanding propane heater and pellet stove combined, much cleaner, and much quieter. It is also very economical compared to previous fuel costs.