Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2017-09-14 Name: Michael Mawbey
Location: Kerrville, TX

"Trusty unit"
Unit was installed when we bought manufactured home in '82, after 35 years it has kept us warm in cold months and cool in hot months, what more can you ask for? We replaced outside unit, with a used one, through the years. Then within a month things slowly began to give way; main thermostat, fan relay (which is no longer manufactured, and very hard to find). We had a/c techs out twice, they were almost stumped over the unit, before circuit boards became the norm. My sister and I decided it was time for a new unit. The Coleman furnace has been very reliable over the past 35+, we got our moneys worth out of it. I would certainly buy the same brand again!

Date created: 2017-06-08 Name: PJ Madreperl
Location: Middletown, NJ

"Finally A New Unit"
I have a home warranty plan. They repair equipment until it cannot be repaired. My furnace was the original from when the house was built in the 1980s. It has been fixed several times for various problems. Finally, there was a cracked heat exchanger and the company I rely on from the home warranty program was not able to get a replacement part. The home warranty program agreed to replace the furnace. The company selected the brand and model based on my townhouse. I relied on their judgment for product reliability and efficiency. When it was installed, the contractor ran it for a bit to determine if it was functioning properly. The house immediately heated in a way it hasn't since I've lived here. It was a wonderful feeling. We are entering the summer season so I might not get a chance to use it much over the next few months. I feel comfortable though that I now have a fully functioning efficient heating system. It comes with a 10 year warranty and the contractor will care for anything that occurs for the first year. I am very happy with the installation, product, and my contractor. Temprite Heating and Cooling is very reliable and knowledgeable.

Date created: 2017-06-05 Name: Chris
Location: Utah

"They are great and very professional"
The whole experience was wonderful. Everyone has been more than happy to answer questions. They made sure you knew what you were buying and what came with it and what doesn't. They did most of the paper work for refunds and are very professional. I would recommend all of them from the guys who sold the units to the installers. Everyone has made us feel at ease and comfortable with them in our home.

Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: Robert Lamoureux
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

"Colemans are crap"
Had a Coleman furnace installed on November 27, 2014. Found out this morning (February 4, 2017) that the blower motor has seized and must be replaced at a cost of $1200.00.

Date created: 2016-12-22 Name: Joseph A Esposito
Location: 10305

"Furnace"
Works well, would buy another one

Date created: 2016-12-08 Name: LJE
Location: SE, PA

"Only 8 years old?"
I've had my Coleman only 8 years, and it's giving me nothing but problems. Will never purchase another, and I'm told I already need a new system? I've replaced the blower motor, the relay switch and the thermostat, and it runs more and more...but not blowing out as much as when it was new. What bothers me, is people who leave feedback when they just purchased a new system and haven't had it running even a year? I see that so much on these reviews. Of course, it's not going to give you any trouble. And, when a company only issues a year warranty, then that alone should tell you something is wrong. Lenox gives you a 10 year warranty. People, do your homework, shop around, get pricing....don't settle for less. I will not purchase another Coleman, that's for sure.

Date created: 2016-10-24 Name: David Fenwick
Location: Ocean, NJ

"My new furnace"
Old furnace was 45 years old and had been patched last year by the contractor. They recommended a new furnace at that time, but having just retired, it was not in the budget. October 2016, furnace did not work when turned on. Contractor noted age and condition of the furnace of strongly recommended replacing it. Having used the contractor where I worked, I agreed. Good price, furnace installed in 1 1/2 days. Been in for 4 days and has worked fine.

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: Mary Edwards
Location: Idaho

"Cost"
I wish the cost of the furnace and installation cost less. Both seemed somewhat excessive.

Date created: 2016-04-05 Name: j nelson
Location: Stillwater, MN

"Furnace install and repairs"
This furnace has needed repairs about every season for a year. For some reason they only warrantied it for a few years. I really question if it was installed correctly. Bottom of the unit came all dented. After repairs there are always extra pieces sitting around. Filter was forgotten to be installed. ***** **** ******* installed it and we are hesitant to call them anymore.

Date created: 2016-04-03 Name: M. Reed
Location: Dayton, OH

"My experience"
This Coleman unit looks nice and provides consistent heat flow to my home. My installer (Ed Baker, Beavercreek, OH 937-681-2312) was fantastic and had me up and running in 4 hours. The 4 hour install included removal of my existing unit!