Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2018-03-22 Name: Estaban Rehmann
Location: Minnesota

"Coleman should stick with camping."
3 years of Constant problems...I Will be replacing this piece of crap Coleman furnace...!!!!!!(with any brand but Coleman...!!!)

Date created: 2018-02-19 Name: P Romano
Location: Staten Island, NY

"Excellent Coleman Furnace install by Phil's HVAC"
My 25 year old Luxaire furnace failed on the coldest night of the year just about 1 year ago. A good friend who is a General Contractor highly recommended Phil's HVAC. I met with Phil and he did a thorough inspection and sizing for a new unit and provided all details about several brands and models including pricing and ongoing maintenance costs as well as trade offs among the products he offered. Based on his pricing and information I opted for the Coleman Echelon series along with a high end humidifier as my house tends to be dry. Phil explained clearly how a direct vent unit works and differs from a traditional furnace. I was very impressed with the efficiency of all the brands and models he presented but clearly the Coleman was the best fit for my needs and price point. The whole installation only took 6 hours including removal of all the old components and even some minor duct work changes. All work was neat and organized with several technicians onsite. The Coleman unit has been great and my gas bill is clearly $100+ per month lower than with the old unit. Phil followed up twice over the following 2 months by phone and email to make sure I was happy. I'm very happy with his service and my Coleman unit and components which he recommended.
Date created: 2018-02-19 Name: G Kathleen Kurfurst
Location: Bonney Lake, WA

"Satisfaction rating"
Not having had to even call for repairs on my previous unit more than once in over forty years, I didn't really know where to start. I went on line. "Home Advisor" only suggested Sears. The other site suggested a handful of businesses, but, although I made a point of stating that I needed a forced air electric unit, they all, including Sears, called back expecting to sell me a gas furnace. They also wanted to come to the house, inspect the premises, (probably sell me more than I needed), & give me an estimate. The gentleman at Blueline said he could tell me immediately (over the phone) what I needed & how much it would cost. I gave him the model #, wattage use, cabinet size, & approximate footage of the house. He told me what he could get, when & to the penny, how much the heater & installation would cost. It heats better & quieter than the one they replace & I hope to get another 40+ years of just about problem free service from this heater.
Date created: 2018-02-19 Name: Judith Bowers
Location: St. Maries, ID

"Coleman Furnace"
I had a Coleman furnace for over 40 years before it gave out. With that in mind, I purchased the same brand. I am totally happy with the output, no dislikes, and would purchase Coleman furnace again without any qualms.
Date created: 2017-09-14 Name: Michael Mawbey
Location: Kerrville, TX

"Trusty unit"
Unit was installed when we bought manufactured home in '82, after 35 years it has kept us warm in cold months and cool in hot months, what more can you ask for? We replaced outside unit, with a used one, through the years. Then within a month things slowly began to give way; main thermostat, fan relay (which is no longer manufactured, and very hard to find). We had a/c techs out twice, they were almost stumped over the unit, before circuit boards became the norm. My sister and I decided it was time for a new unit. The Coleman furnace has been very reliable over the past 35+, we got our moneys worth out of it. I would certainly buy the same brand again!
Date created: 2017-06-08 Name: PJ Madreperl
Location: Middletown, NJ

"Finally A New Unit"
I have a home warranty plan. They repair equipment until it cannot be repaired. My furnace was the original from when the house was built in the 1980s. It has been fixed several times for various problems. Finally, there was a cracked heat exchanger and the company I rely on from the home warranty program was not able to get a replacement part. The home warranty program agreed to replace the furnace. The company selected the brand and model based on my townhouse. I relied on their judgment for product reliability and efficiency. When it was installed, the contractor ran it for a bit to determine if it was functioning properly. The house immediately heated in a way it hasn't since I've lived here. It was a wonderful feeling. We are entering the summer season so I might not get a chance to use it much over the next few months. I feel comfortable though that I now have a fully functioning efficient heating system. It comes with a 10 year warranty and the contractor will care for anything that occurs for the first year. I am very happy with the installation, product, and my contractor. Temprite Heating and Cooling is very reliable and knowledgeable.
Date created: 2017-06-05 Name: Chris
Location: Utah

"They are great and very professional"
The whole experience was wonderful. Everyone has been more than happy to answer questions. They made sure you knew what you were buying and what came with it and what doesn't. They did most of the paper work for refunds and are very professional. I would recommend all of them from the guys who sold the units to the installers. Everyone has made us feel at ease and comfortable with them in our home.
Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: Robert Lamoureux
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

"Colemans are crap"
Had a Coleman furnace installed on November 27, 2014. Found out this morning (February 4, 2017) that the blower motor has seized and must be replaced at a cost of $1200.00.
Date created: 2016-12-22 Name: Joseph A Esposito
Location: New York

"Furnace"
Works well, would buy another one.
Date created: 2016-12-08 Name: LJE
Location: SE, PA

"Only 8 years old?"
I've had my Coleman only 8 years, and it's giving me nothing but problems. Will never purchase another, and I'm told I already need a new system? I've replaced the blower motor, the relay switch and the thermostat, and it runs more and more...but not blowing out as much as when it was new. What bothers me, is people who leave feedback when they just purchased a new system and haven't had it running even a year? I see that so much on these reviews. Of course, it's not going to give you any trouble. And, when a company only issues a year warranty, then that alone should tell you something is wrong. Lenox gives you a 10 year warranty. People, do your homework, shop around, get pricing....don't settle for less. I will not purchase another Coleman, that's for sure.