Consumer Reviews of Clare furnaces

• HEG (1 review)

Date created: 2014-10-02 Name: G Waugh
Location: Vancouver B.C.

"I have a question"
The unit works well, but where is the filter located?

Date created: 2013-06-20 Name: Ruth Ann Hoelsema
Location: michigan

"Air Conditioning with Clare"
Our furnace is 23 years old. We are very satisfied with the heating. However, my husband won't put a central air conditioner on it because it is so old. Our windows in the house are too small for a single A/C to do the whole house. Is our best option for A/C now, 2 A/C units?

Date created: 2011-10-20 Name: Enzo Ettorre
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Simple machines are more reliable than complex ones."
Never had problems, yes a little noisy, never stopped working, reliable. I would buy Clare Brothers again.

Date created: 2011-07-17 Name: Helen Kennedy
Location: 487 Oneida Road, RR# 2 Southwold, ON

"20 Warranty on Heat Exchanger"
I would like to know who covers the warranty on this furnace. I am told this company is no longer in business. The heat exchanger is cracked, I was without heat or use of the furnace since December 2010. Winter will be coming and I need this replaced. I purchased the furnace in 1997, when my new house was built. I purchased unit because of the warranty. Do I need to worry about replacing the whole furnace?

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Paul Arsenault
Location: Ontario Canada

"Great Furnace"
This furnace is maintenance free! Unlike the newer furnaces which I had in my other houses. Don't be fooled thinking the newer furnaces will save you money, replacing this one for a newer one won't save you money unless you live in the house for 75 years.

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: John Alexander
Location: Toronto Canada

"Combustion Chamber"
We have been advised that the combustion chamber in our furnace has cracked and needs to be replaced. To get the model number we have to drive about 130 miles to our cottage. Is there a chance that we can get a new combustion chamber if we provide model number? This has to be done soon, as the cottage will be snowed in.

Date created: 2010-11-15 Name: Herbert
Location: thornhill

"Does the fact that the furncae is 26 years old matter?"
WE bought this house 5 years a go & we never had any problems with our clare furnace at all is suppose to be as old as the house 26 years old from 1984 all I did was replace the filter & fan belt which helps with the loudness of the fan but that don t bother us the only question I have is can the heat exchanger be check to make sure is in good condition if anyone knows I appreciate the feedback because is the only concern I have besides that I am very pleased with this furnace people from several companies comming to the door offering financing or selling all different types of furnaces high efficiency but for $3000 & up I don t want to spend the money if what I have still works well & after reading some of the night mares some people went through with some of the newer models....

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: Patrick Chagnon
Location: Vernon BC Canada

"Pilot"
The gas companie shot down the gas and my furnace turn off as well! My furnace is a Clare Hecla from Clare Brothers My question is How to light on the pilot?

Date created: 2010-10-07 Name: Ken

"Excellent Furnace"
The best. I was going to replace it but a HVAV man told me not to do that. If it is working ok save your money. The new ones are NOT as reliable. This furnace is as old as the house (1977). I love my Clare Hecla furnace, an oldy but a goody.

Date created: 2010-03-30 Name: Norman Plourde
Location: Montreal

"Propane clare furnace"
The furnace is ok, but I can't find the parts to repair it when I have problems. Could you tell me where I could find parts? I live close to Montreal. It would be better if I could find a contractor to repair it when it fails. Thank you! The furnace model is hem1-80-8d.