Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2010-07-12 Name: Randy Teet

"Carrier Infinity System"
We are extremely disappointed in our Carrier Infinity system. It's quiet and efficient, when it's working, but that's it. The system was installed in 2004 and is on its 3rd motherboard and 3rd blower motor/module. The most recent blower motor just went out after the factory warranty was up, and it's not cheap. It's ridiculous for us to have to spend so much money to keep a system going. I would not recommend a Carrier to anyone, and I will never buy a Carrier again, period.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: LeNoir

"Carrier 90% efficiency gas furnace"
I bought a Carrier 90% efficiency gas furnace with an air cleaner 14- years ago by a licensed and reputable HVAC contractor. The furnace has never given me a problem, and I have never had it maintained or serviced during those years. It is a solid quality furnace. I would definitely get another one.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: Smith

"Review"
Help! Would like to buy a Carrier air conditioner. Please tell the truth. Is the Carrier really good or should I buy a Lennox?

Date created: 2010-05-31 Name: Scott

"Horrible!"
I am a home builder and remodeler, so I have a bit of knowledge. My Carrier is 11 years old and I've put $900.00 into keeping it going. Things that should last 20-30 years going bad. Horrible, horrible company. Be advised!

Date created: 2010-05-09 Name: Brian S.

"Ridiculous"
I am a service technician in the heating and cooling industry. Bought a house 3 years ago and it has a Carrier 92% furnace. I knew from the get go, it was going to be a problem. #1. Carrier parts are insanely expensive (even at the cost I can get them for). #2. The draft motors, on any Carrier or Bryant(same company) are notorious for being very noisy and cost an arm and a leg. Carrier has had the awesome idea of being the "innovator" in making new manufacturing styles of all their parts, thus making the parts expensive and more prone to break down. I have babied this furnace along, which mind you is only 9 years old along until I replace it with a Lennox. (which btw my company isn't even a Lennox dealer, but they are by far the quietest, most reliable, easy to repair furnace I have ever worked on) They are a little more expensive initially but well worth it in the end. I tell customers to never by any product made by Carrier. Complete nightmare.

Date created: 2010-05-04 Name: Mabelann Anderson

"Mabelann Anderson,"
I have the 80,000 btu 90t high efficient furnace. One year plus a few days later, I had a Mother board replacement. In 2009 (April), I had a Mother board replacement. In 2009 (December), I had a Mother board replacement!!!!! In April of this year, I need a motor replacement. I am not a happy camper when it comes to Carrier as their only solution is a new furnace which is a few hundred dollars (my cost) over what I paid in 200l. Doesn't sound fair to me!

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: Impala Guy
Location: Michigan

"Its 19 years old, and its getting replaced"
Purchased in the fall of 1991 and has survived nineteen Michigan winters. Two service calls in all of that time does not seem too bad to me. Now that spring has arrived, I will be getting a new unit (the installers are not so rushed this time of the year). I am comparing the Carrier and Bryant units and have several professional companies here in Grand Rapids that are more than capable of good installations. I just know there are more efficient units out there than the one I have---well done, Carrier.

Date created: 2010-01-30 Name: Awake

"Neighbour's Carrier Heat Pump Too Loud"
Our neighbors just got a Carrier heat pump a few months ago and installed it outside our bedroom window. It wakes us up every time it turns on. It is louder than a diesel truck parked in our driveway. The Carrier repair guy just made excuses, but didn't do a thing. Thanks a lot for making this piece of junk, Carrier.

Date created: 2010-01-29 Name: James Gaulke

"Furnace Installer, Dan Oberdorf, Wisc Dells, WI"
We built a new home and he installed a Payne furnace which we were told is part of your company. We had the blue prints on site the whole time and still he put the furnace in the place where our future bathroom is going. Pipes were already stubbed in so there was no reason to put the furnace where he did. When we called him to point out the problem, he got irate with us and was going to refuse to move it. He finally did move it but it ended up costing us another $500.00. We feel that we should not have to pay for his mistake. The furnace started making all kinds of funny noise. The body of the furnace was not put together correctly or leveled right and the air intake plug wasn't put in. The corners of the galvanize housing was missing. Air was leaking out when the fan kicked in. There was a whistling noise. We also found out that it is a contractor grade and not a residential unit. The furnace is again making funny noises, vibrates and rattles. We are afraid that this could eventually cause a gas leak. We were told that only a licensed Carrier service person can work on this unit to keep the warranty. We do not want this man back in our home. Please let us know if there is someone else in our area. If we would have to do this over, we would be very reluctant to buy your furnace.

Date created: 2010-01-23 Name: Steve Baldwin
Location: Michigan

"Carrier built Bryant furnace"
Original furnace in our house built in 85 is going strong, and is a Bryant built furnace 100000btu unit. We have the gas company maintenance plan on it the last few years due to the age, and the only thing that has gone wrong with it was the gas control valve recently. Although, the neutral gas company repairman stated that the heat exchanger is on its last legs as not cracked yet but will not be long. Am thinking about replacing it with a new high efficiency carrier, but with all the issues and different suggestions from different dealers, I think I will stay away from Carrier for the new furnace. Some of their dealers say they can install in our home and others say it won't work have to stay with 80% efficiency. Can anyone suggest a good brand to buy today that will not have all these issues? Thanks, Troy, Michigan resident