Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: Keith S.
Location: Denver, CO

"Blower fan won't shut off"
I have a 2002 home in the Denver area, and my Carrier Weathermaker 8000TS blower fan won't shut off. New thermostat didn't solve it. No problems indicated by the l.e.d. incidator. Manufacturer no help at all, referring to a qualified contractor. Service technician did a thorough diagnosis and concluded that it's the control board, about a $900 fix.

Date created: 2010-10-02 Name: Margo Maddison

"Carrier furnace soot and loud noise problems!"
We have owned a Carrier oil furnace for 7 years. During this time had a blow back and soot went throught the home. And till this day there is still soot coming from the unit. When unit starts up the noise is very loud and then seems to tamper off and loud noise begins again during the heating cycle. These units are scarey and very unsafe. Please stay away from this company.

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: C LI
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

"Model 58CTA135"
Had a mid-efficiency Carrier Model #58CTA installed a year ago. Very disappointed with furnace. Everytime unit kicks in, sounds like a train roaring thru my house. Then there was the poping noises from the vent when the fan activated. Installer came back to nailed down the vent but couldn't do much about the noisy motor. Big headaches from noise day and night.

Date created: 2010-09-11 Name: Mark Paleczny
Location: mark.paleczny@rogers.com

"Carrier is junk"
Improper installation, won't stand behind warranty

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: J. Kane
Location: Winnipeg

"58 sta 155-1-20"
Unit was istalled in 2003 and I am about to have my 4th motor installed. I should have bought a Lennox.

Date created: 2010-08-19 Name: bruce carras
Location: pittsburgh pa

"Over engineered"
Way too much money for little pay back! worked fine for 2 yrs then had issues then more issues . paid twice what i could have got a low end 92% goodman for. our infinty furnace has endless problems that seem just stupid . why would you make a furnace so complex it becomes undepenable? so i save $80 over 2 yrs over the cheapo generic furnace but the carrier cost 1.5 k more figured my payback would be 15 yrs if it worked right (it didnt ) its a nightmare! just hype! comfort level wasnt any different than the old reem standing pilot it replaced that was still going strong after 25 yrs spent 6k and never going to see a payback . atleast with a chepo furnace i could just get rid of and get a new one but you cant just eat the 6k you spent on this over engineered over priced furnace AVOID !

Date created: 2010-07-27 Name: Paddy

"Carrier Furnace"
I have owned a Weathermaker since 1990, and hasn't had any service call since the first month. The only complaint I have is the induction fan is noisy when started up. I'm looking for a high efficiency furnace and tankless water when I came across this site. Reading some of this reviews, I guess I luck out with a good one.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: LeNoir

"Carrier 90% efficiency gas furnace"
I bought a Carrier 90% efficiency gas furnace with an air cleaner 14- years ago by a licensed and reputable HVAC contractor. The furnace has never given me a problem, and I have never had it maintained or serviced during those years. It is a solid quality furnace. I would definitely get another one.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: Smith

"Review"
Help! Would like to buy a Carrier air conditioner. Please tell the truth. Is the Carrier really good or should I buy a Lennox?

Date created: 2010-05-31 Name: Scott

"Horrible!"
I am a home builder and remodeler, so I have a bit of knowledge. My Carrier is 11 years old and I've put $900.00 into keeping it going. Things that should last 20-30 years going bad. Horrible, horrible company. Be advised!