Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: J Weimer
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

"Carrier Infinity Zone system"
Thisis by far the best furnace that money can buy. As a service tech for the last 15+ years, I know quite a bit about HVAC. After reading the majority of the posts on this site, I can see a common thread. Most of your problems are not the equipment itself, but rather the low end dealer that put it in. These system are build better than any other manufacture out on the market. If you are in the market for a new system or you have a problem, make sure you have a qualified Carrier dealer / service provider come in. Yes, Carrier does have the most technology in their units, and if you don't install it right from the beginning, you will have problems forever. Your non-qualified service tech will always blame someone else, especially if he can't figure it out. 85% of the time it is the installation that has caused the unit to fial or shut down. You wouldn't take your Mercedes to a Ford dealer, would you? If you want it fixed right, call the Pro's. Not the fly by night companies. Carrier has a standard warranty of 10 years on parts, one year on labor. If you had to pay for parts before the warranty was up, you didn't do your research. Stop giving Carrier a bad name when the problem does not lie with the equipment but rather the poor installation job by the contractor that does not know what they are doing.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Vancouver

"The worst furnace"
T, too, am very disappointed with the furnace. The Sales Rep. said it was as good as the Lennox, as in the past, I had a Lennox, and was much happier with it. I was sold into the Carrier, a high-efficiency furnace, but, as another unsatisfied customer said earlier, I, too have the same loud banging sound when the unit kicks in, about every five minutes....and it does sound like a train roaring thru my house as well, as there are banging sounds as well...it is very difficult to sleep through this, as the sounds become unbearable every 5 min...

Date created: 2010-11-10 Name: RR Fritsch
Location: Chino, CA

"Problems with Infinity Thermostat"
The plastic buttons on our Infinity Thermostat began falling off within the first two years after installation. The stat came with our new system that seems to perform flawlessly if we could just operate the thermostat without taking it apart to push the tiny buttons on the control board. This is a $300+ thermostat and for it to fall apart seems, well, cheap given the systems original cost. It's kind of like having a Ferrari in the garage with a key that doesn't work.

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: Keith S.
Location: Denver, CO

"Blower fan won't shut off"
I have a 2002 home in the Denver area, and my Carrier Weathermaker 8000TS blower fan won't shut off. New thermostat didn't solve it. No problems indicated by the l.e.d. incidator. Manufacturer no help at all, referring to a qualified contractor. Service technician did a thorough diagnosis and concluded that it's the control board, about a $900 fix.

Date created: 2010-10-02 Name: Margo Maddison

"Carrier furnace soot and loud noise problems!"
We have owned a Carrier oil furnace for 7 years. During this time had a blow back and soot went throught the home. And till this day there is still soot coming from the unit. When unit starts up the noise is very loud and then seems to tamper off and loud noise begins again during the heating cycle. These units are scarey and very unsafe. Please stay away from this company.

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: C LI
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

"Model 58CTA135"
Had a mid-efficiency Carrier Model #58CTA installed a year ago. Very disappointed with furnace. Everytime unit kicks in, sounds like a train roaring thru my house. Then there was the poping noises from the vent when the fan activated. Installer came back to nailed down the vent but couldn't do much about the noisy motor. Big headaches from noise day and night.

Date created: 2010-09-11 Name: Mark Paleczny
Location: [email protected]

"Carrier is junk"
Improper installation, won't stand behind warranty

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: J. Kane
Location: Winnipeg

"58 sta 155-1-20"
Unit was istalled in 2003 and I am about to have my 4th motor installed. I should have bought a Lennox.

Date created: 2010-08-19 Name: bruce carras
Location: pittsburgh pa

"Over engineered"
Way too much money for little pay back! worked fine for 2 yrs then had issues then more issues . paid twice what i could have got a low end 92% goodman for. our infinty furnace has endless problems that seem just stupid . why would you make a furnace so complex it becomes undepenable? so i save $80 over 2 yrs over the cheapo generic furnace but the carrier cost 1.5 k more figured my payback would be 15 yrs if it worked right (it didnt ) its a nightmare! just hype! comfort level wasnt any different than the old reem standing pilot it replaced that was still going strong after 25 yrs spent 6k and never going to see a payback . atleast with a chepo furnace i could just get rid of and get a new one but you cant just eat the 6k you spent on this over engineered over priced furnace AVOID !

Date created: 2010-07-27 Name: Paddy

"Carrier Furnace"
I have owned a Weathermaker since 1990, and hasn't had any service call since the first month. The only complaint I have is the induction fan is noisy when started up. I'm looking for a high efficiency furnace and tankless water when I came across this site. Reading some of this reviews, I guess I luck out with a good one.