Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: Brian
Location: Red Deer, AB

"Carrier Infiniti furnace"
I purchased a new Infinti Carrier furnace in Sept/09. I installed it a year round cabin which needed to ensure that the unit was not going to break down during the heating season. I was skeptical at first, but the unit has been very efficient, quiet and with no issues. The only time the unit is louder than what it should be is when turn up the heat to high and it needs to catch up very quickly. Then you can hear it running, but certainly not as loud as most mid efficient furnaces. The thermostat also works great. Very satisfied with the operation and relability.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Frank
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"I am looking to buy a FURNACE"
Hi, I am looking to buy a new furnace and I have heard Carrier is in the top 3. I saw a guy in Miss. advertise a Carrier 95 AFUE for $2495. installed plus he will throw in a thermostat installed. I was also looking into a Goodman or Rheem. Thanks for any advice

Date created: 2010-12-05 Name: George Phillips
Location: Ocala, Florida

"Definitely programed to FAIL!"
I purchased the model 58STA furnace in March 2003. I find that it;s pure luck if it runs from year to year. The gas igniter is totaly UNDEPENDABLE! I replaced it in march of 2008. Less than a year later I replaced it again. The warranty wasn't any good, as the Largest heating firm in Ocala, Florida went belly up! I paid $1813 for the furnace and they charged me $255.51 for the installed part. Less than a year later I paid a different firm $144.95 to do the same repair. Now 21 months later the same problem arises again. It appears to be an inherrant problem that i'm stuck with. NOTE: I live in Florida where the furnace only runs about 1/3 as much as in the north! It appears that if they don't make enough off fuel, they have to get it from somewhere!

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: J Weimer
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

"Carrier Infinity Zone system"
Thisis by far the best furnace that money can buy. As a service tech for the last 15+ years, I know quite a bit about HVAC. After reading the majority of the posts on this site, I can see a common thread. Most of your problems are not the equipment itself, but rather the low end dealer that put it in. These system are build better than any other manufacture out on the market. If you are in the market for a new system or you have a problem, make sure you have a qualified Carrier dealer / service provider come in. Yes, Carrier does have the most technology in their units, and if you don't install it right from the beginning, you will have problems forever. Your non-qualified service tech will always blame someone else, especially if he can't figure it out. 85% of the time it is the installation that has caused the unit to fial or shut down. You wouldn't take your Mercedes to a Ford dealer, would you? If you want it fixed right, call the Pro's. Not the fly by night companies. Carrier has a standard warranty of 10 years on parts, one year on labor. If you had to pay for parts before the warranty was up, you didn't do your research. Stop giving Carrier a bad name when the problem does not lie with the equipment but rather the poor installation job by the contractor that does not know what they are doing.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Vancouver

"The worst furnace"
T, too, am very disappointed with the furnace. The Sales Rep. said it was as good as the Lennox, as in the past, I had a Lennox, and was much happier with it. I was sold into the Carrier, a high-efficiency furnace, but, as another unsatisfied customer said earlier, I, too have the same loud banging sound when the unit kicks in, about every five minutes....and it does sound like a train roaring thru my house as well, as there are banging sounds as well...it is very difficult to sleep through this, as the sounds become unbearable every 5 min...

Date created: 2010-11-10 Name: RR Fritsch
Location: Chino, CA

"Problems with Infinity Thermostat"
The plastic buttons on our Infinity Thermostat began falling off within the first two years after installation. The stat came with our new system that seems to perform flawlessly if we could just operate the thermostat without taking it apart to push the tiny buttons on the control board. This is a $300+ thermostat and for it to fall apart seems, well, cheap given the systems original cost. It's kind of like having a Ferrari in the garage with a key that doesn't work.

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: Keith S.
Location: Denver, CO

"Blower fan won't shut off"
I have a 2002 home in the Denver area, and my Carrier Weathermaker 8000TS blower fan won't shut off. New thermostat didn't solve it. No problems indicated by the l.e.d. incidator. Manufacturer no help at all, referring to a qualified contractor. Service technician did a thorough diagnosis and concluded that it's the control board, about a $900 fix.

Date created: 2010-10-02 Name: Margo Maddison

"Carrier furnace soot and loud noise problems!"
We have owned a Carrier oil furnace for 7 years. During this time had a blow back and soot went throught the home. And till this day there is still soot coming from the unit. When unit starts up the noise is very loud and then seems to tamper off and loud noise begins again during the heating cycle. These units are scarey and very unsafe. Please stay away from this company.

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: C LI
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

"Model 58CTA135"
Had a mid-efficiency Carrier Model #58CTA installed a year ago. Very disappointed with furnace. Everytime unit kicks in, sounds like a train roaring thru my house. Then there was the poping noises from the vent when the fan activated. Installer came back to nailed down the vent but couldn't do much about the noisy motor. Big headaches from noise day and night.

Date created: 2010-09-11 Name: Mark Paleczny
Location: [email protected]

"Carrier is junk"
Improper installation, won't stand behind warranty