Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Manny Logstavo
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling"
I am very HAPPY from the very beginning since I called Aire One. The service department was very helpful in answering my questions about rebates. The sales consultant that came to my home was very knowledgeable and flexible in making adjustments to competition pricing. The Installers did a MAGNIFICENT job on installing the furnace with no mess in my home. I can really appreciate when a company REALLY takes care of their customers, and go the extra mile to make it a memorable experience. This is a company that STANDS-OUT from the rest of the competition.

Date created: 2010-12-30 Name: Bob Jackson
Location: Davenport , Ia

"GREAT & Quiet"
I'm really glad we decided on a Carrier & the right installers. They replaced the furnace & air conditioner in a 7 hour day & in 20 degree weather. Everything went quite well and we are very satisfied with both Carrier & Gabrilsons in Davenport IA. If I have any trouble with either I will post it on this site.

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: B. SATISIFIED
Location: ROCHESTER.NY

"Very economical"
BOUGHT THIS 3700 SF HOME IN 1998 .IT WAS BUILT IN 1989 AND HAS A CARRIER FURNACE .THE COST TO HEAT THIS HOME IS THE SAME AS OUR PREVIOUS 2000 SF HOME BUILT IN 1986. I AM AMAZED AT THE EFFICIENCY IN THE LAST THREE YEARS WE'VE HAD INSTALLED BY A CERTIFIED CARRIER SERVICE A CIRCUIT BOARD ,MOTOR AND MINOR SERVICE FOR ABOUT $600. JUST TODAY CARRIER REPLACED THE HEAT EXCHANGER $1700 AT NO CHARGE. FROM THE FIRST TIME WE NEEDED SERVICE WE WERE ADVISED TO USE A CARRIER DEALER AND THEY HAVE BEEN VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND PROMPT.

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: Altaf Kagalwalla

"Energy efficient furnace Noise Problems"
I installed a carrier 95% efficiency furnace last month and have not been happy with its performance. It does make alot of noise when it moves the air through the duct, and the noise is significantly, almost twice more than what we had before with our 16 year old carrier system. It now sounds like water is flowing through the pipes and it is loud, especially on the first floor of the house. Complaint to the dealer and does not believe that it is a furnace issue but a ductwork design issue. So why was the noise there before??? He keeps denying that there is a problem to begin with. I am going to write a complaint to Carrier to get the system to operate to at a comfortable level. Any ideas

Date created: 2010-12-12 Name: Cheryl
Location: Columbus, Ohio

"Performance/Infinity series"
Purchase furnace/heatpump in June 2010, within a couple weeks it quit running totally and then board had to be replace; from the moment of installation the unit has been LOUD when it starts up - sounds like a train coming to a stop and the house vibrates - wakes us up at night! Very annoying. Have inquired about this on 3 different occasions (summer and fall) and the technicians say it's due to the high pressure when the reversing valve engages. They tell me that is common problem with Carrier units. Our old - MUCH cheaper units NEVER made this kind of noise. The good point is that it has lowered our heating bills rather substantially (all electric house)however fear the unit is not going to hold up long with the noise it's making and the vibrating of the house. I see other's have similiar problems but I don't see any of them getting resolution on how to fix it as the technician's don't seem to know any solution that they are willing to share. Has anyone found an answer to this noise problem - what exactly is not installed properly that would result in this kind of noise and vibration?? Any information would be appreciated.

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: Brian
Location: Red Deer, AB

"Carrier Infiniti furnace"
I purchased a new Infinti Carrier furnace in Sept/09. I installed it a year round cabin which needed to ensure that the unit was not going to break down during the heating season. I was skeptical at first, but the unit has been very efficient, quiet and with no issues. The only time the unit is louder than what it should be is when turn up the heat to high and it needs to catch up very quickly. Then you can hear it running, but certainly not as loud as most mid efficient furnaces. The thermostat also works great. Very satisfied with the operation and relability.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Frank
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"I am looking to buy a FURNACE"
Hi, I am looking to buy a new furnace and I have heard Carrier is in the top 3. I saw a guy in Miss. advertise a Carrier 95 AFUE for $2495. installed plus he will throw in a thermostat installed. I was also looking into a Goodman or Rheem. Thanks for any advice

Date created: 2010-12-05 Name: George Phillips
Location: Ocala, Florida

"Definitely programed to FAIL!"
I purchased the model 58STA furnace in March 2003. I find that it;s pure luck if it runs from year to year. The gas igniter is totaly UNDEPENDABLE! I replaced it in march of 2008. Less than a year later I replaced it again. The warranty wasn't any good, as the Largest heating firm in Ocala, Florida went belly up! I paid $1813 for the furnace and they charged me $255.51 for the installed part. Less than a year later I paid a different firm $144.95 to do the same repair. Now 21 months later the same problem arises again. It appears to be an inherrant problem that i'm stuck with. NOTE: I live in Florida where the furnace only runs about 1/3 as much as in the north! It appears that if they don't make enough off fuel, they have to get it from somewhere!

Date created: 2010-12-03 Name: J Weimer
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

"Carrier Infinity Zone system"
Thisis by far the best furnace that money can buy. As a service tech for the last 15+ years, I know quite a bit about HVAC. After reading the majority of the posts on this site, I can see a common thread. Most of your problems are not the equipment itself, but rather the low end dealer that put it in. These system are build better than any other manufacture out on the market. If you are in the market for a new system or you have a problem, make sure you have a qualified Carrier dealer / service provider come in. Yes, Carrier does have the most technology in their units, and if you don't install it right from the beginning, you will have problems forever. Your non-qualified service tech will always blame someone else, especially if he can't figure it out. 85% of the time it is the installation that has caused the unit to fial or shut down. You wouldn't take your Mercedes to a Ford dealer, would you? If you want it fixed right, call the Pro's. Not the fly by night companies. Carrier has a standard warranty of 10 years on parts, one year on labor. If you had to pay for parts before the warranty was up, you didn't do your research. Stop giving Carrier a bad name when the problem does not lie with the equipment but rather the poor installation job by the contractor that does not know what they are doing.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Vancouver

"The worst furnace"
T, too, am very disappointed with the furnace. The Sales Rep. said it was as good as the Lennox, as in the past, I had a Lennox, and was much happier with it. I was sold into the Carrier, a high-efficiency furnace, but, as another unsatisfied customer said earlier, I, too have the same loud banging sound when the unit kicks in, about every five minutes....and it does sound like a train roaring thru my house as well, as there are banging sounds as well...it is very difficult to sleep through this, as the sounds become unbearable every 5 min...