Consumer Reviews of Carrier furnaces

Read more about Carrier furnaces

Date created: 2012-10-18 Name: S spoert
Location: Cary il

"Good for an anchor not staying warm"
Bought the highest most hi tech model 10 years ago. This unit is so sensitive it shuts down constantly. I need a repairman every other month. Last two weeks needed a repairman as many times spent over $400. This summer needed a repairman a few times. Could have bought a new one for the money I've spent in the last two years. This thing had problems from day one. Buy anything but not a carrier.

Date created: 2012-05-23 Name: C. B.
Location: Illinois

"Nothing but trouble"
Had a Carrier 8000ts Weathermaker unit put in 7 years ago. It needed repairs 4 times already. It's becoming a yearly ritual. What a money pit.
Date created: 2012-03-24 Name: Tech/Installer 25+ years
Location: Colorado

"Complain - Complain"
I am reading those post and ... . Most of the issue you will have with your furnace or air conditioner is due to improper installation. You were cheep enough to go with the lowest bid that cut corners and now you pay the price. It would not matter which brand you put in.
Date created: 2012-01-15 Name: Steve spoehr
Location: Cary,il

"Carrier = lemon"
Replaced 30 year old furnace with high end/ efficient carrier. Owned 10 years and have had to have repairman out as many times. Inducer motor issues, oxygen issues, something new each time. BTW: I can't even remember how many time my old unit had to be repaired -- maybe twice in thirty years!
Date created: 2012-01-04 Name: Rob M
Location: Los Gatos, Ca

"Unbelievably poor quality and service"
I'm on my second Carrier furnace in 7 years. Both have had a cracked heat exchange. Both were determined by the Carrier dealer to be a manufacturers defect. Carrier refuses to address the issues, refuses to replace the unit and even refuses to return phone calls (Mike id1608 on the national service number). If you are in the market for a furnace you would be wise to stay away from any Carrier product.
Date created: 2011-12-09 Name: P. S
Location: Olympia, WA

"Infinity NOISY,NOISY, might as well live on the tarmac"
I'm so sick of being awakened by the "turbine" wind noise coming out of my ceiling vents. I've had repair people out 3 times for this one issue. They never fix it, the system was insanely expensive, I get angry every time I pass by my thermostats, don't buy!
Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: Kare9801
Location: Canada, Ontario

"Garbage"
I had a 18 yr old furnace that I replaced with Carrier I have had CONSTANT problems and required service calls all the time. I would wake up in the morning and it would just be off, in the coldest time of winter too! my husband and my children and I spent many nights freezing because the piece of crap always broke down. The 1st yr I had it it all began. My old furnace NEVER did anything near what this one has what a RIP .....stay away from Carrier when you call them they say screw you around and blame issues on something other then the furnace. I have only had this stupid thing for 4 yrs and now I hae to replace it yet again :() I am going with Trane I hear great reviews I just want a warm house...... the coin you spend on these you think that wouldn't be too much to ask for?
Date created: 2011-06-02 Name: B Witte
Location: Chicago IL

"Taking T. Panzella from Akron to a HIGHER Education"
The ratings here are for HVAC units....not for one person's opinion, INCLUDING mine, and how they review a product. Your ratings of Trane, Carrier and York, being the three units, AND in that order - is your opinion and NOTHING more.
Date created: 2011-06-01 Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

"A Furnace That Really Does The Job"
We had our new furnace installed about 6 years ago during a remodel, as our old furnace wasn't powerful enough to heat our new room addition efficiently. We installed a Carrier brand air conditioner and furnace, and have been very happy with the force of air that comes out of the vents now. The house heats up incredibly fast, which means the heater doesn't have to stay on long to do the job, which saves our electric bill. There is nothing I dislike about our furnace, except the temperature gauge is wireless and a little sensitive, depending on where it's sitting in the house. If it's behind a large beam or too far from the furnace to send a signal, the furnace won't kick on, but we've figured out where the best place is to leave the temperature control gauge. We have not needed any repairs so far and I would recommend the Carrier brand to a friend.
Date created: 2011-05-29 Name: Isaac Meyer
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

"Weatheraire 8000"
I have owned a Carrier mid efficiency furnace for at least 10 yrs. The higher noise than single speed older furnaces took time to accustom to but that's minor. The efficiency is good enough, even in cold climate. Get an electrostatic filter(permanent),they're worth the investment. Make sure the installer changes the single pole switch if you are in an older house , put in fresh air handlers and then relax...it's a Carrier. I picked Carrier because of plumbing background and because...it's a Carrier.