Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-17 Name: Jonathan

"58mvp"
In the 8 years we have had this furnace, we have had 5 service calls for broken parts, totalling about $1500. Now I understand it was part of a class action lawsuit and my current carbon monoxide leak is a design defect.

Date created: 2011-02-11 Name: B Gibson
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Problems with the system"
I am currently in HVACR school at ATI which has a very comprehensive program including alot of hands on work with the actual equipment. They cover every aspect of the trade. One thing people need to understand is that only about 50 out of every 1000 technicians are actually school trained and about half of those don't get hands on experience in the school. As result of this you end up with a lot of part changers out there cause they can't determine the problem that is causing malfunctions within the system. Anyone can replace a part but unless they determine what caused the part to fail, then history will just repeat itself and you'll have to have the same repair done again. If you find a company that has NATE certified technicians you can be 98% sure your repair or installation is done properly. As for noise coming from your ducks exspecially in older homes that changed over their systems (AC and Heating) the problem might be that your current duck size is too small to handle the air coming through it, also over long periods of time your ducks could work themselves loose and the air flow through them is causing a vibration of the ducks or if their are any obstructions in the ducks this too will make noise. With all the regulations and testing that the equipment goes through to meet the standards set forth on them it should be rare that their is a problem caused by the unit design itself. But if the installation or repair isn't done right then that is another story. Always ask what was wrong? Then ask what caused it to happen and if they are going to fix the cause of the problem as well? Don't be afraid to ask questions, as many as you need so you understand what it is as well. For example if they say your motor burt out and you need a new motor...well their is atleast half a dozen other components that could have contributed to it or caused it. It does no good to replace a component if you don't cure the cause that made it go bad and have it done properly. A little research can go along way and cheaper isn't always better. Good luck everyone

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Lola
Location: Canada

"Infinity 96"
Installed in 2006. Did make a big difference in fuel cost, but the saving has been offset by the number of times I have had to have the installing company back to fix things. Very noisy on start-up until we had a new/additional air exchange added. Now, every winter since installing, it has quit at least once due to ice build up in the air intake. Ice will push out pipe and then stop running- usually in the middle of the night on the coldest night. Has happened twice in the last week. I would not recommend Carrier because they have terrible to non-existant customer service. Had the furnace been installed properly, I might think it was wonderful, but I really don't know, because it doesn't work consistently, and Carrier doesn't seem to acknowledge me as a customer now that they have my money. Very disappointed in this company and their product.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: Duane D.
Location: Dallas, TX

"Weathermaker 8000"
My 25 year old Weathermaker 8000 finally died 2 days ago. The HVAC tech says it is pulling too many amps and would require over $800 to repair. So I decided to just replace with a new, more efficient system. In the 10+ years I've owned this home, the only service I've performed on the Carrier is replacing the air filter about every 10 weeks. Hopefully, Carrier is still keeping their standards high and not using cheap imported parts like many companies are doing. Choosing a reputable installer is also very important. A good one should discuss pros/cons of other upgrades (i.e. new ducts, re-routing ducts, adding a zone) besides just installing the new furnace and hoping for the best. Do your homework: the installer is at least as important as the brand and system you choose. Also, you typically get what you pay for.

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: P. Roome
Location: Portland, OR

"Infinity 96"
I inherited this furnace. Generally, it's quiet and efficient. In the summer it cools fairly well (but isn't really challenged in this region). It has been having problems with overheating and generates smoke and acrid smells. Three technicians have tried to diagnose it without success. If it actually worked properly, I'd rate it much higher.

Date created: 2011-01-20 Name: Donald Fischer
Location: Sheboygan Wisconsin

"Blower Failures"
My furnace is a model 58MVP080-1-14 and is 13 years old. I have now gone thru 3 of the blower assemblies(not the large blower that moves air into the duct work but the smaller blower that comes on when the furnace starts up). The latest cost for the part is $615 plus labor. My neighbor has replaced two blowers so far. I contacted Carrier and naturally they indicate there is no problem and are not willing to help or even look into the problem. For you people who are thinking about installing a Carrier you might want to look into this problem as service costs are getting high. I can't complain about anything else about the furnace, it has worked good, its this part keeps failing. For the gentleman who thinks most of the problems stem from bad installers, it is not always the installer but companies do have design issues, they just don't wish to admit it.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Megan Brunson
Location: Hamilton, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Hamilton"
Aire One has been in business for a long time and have established many branch offices in the Greater Toronto area. My Father used the products and services on a couple of occasions and was very happy overall. The technician came by my home to do an initial assessment written a report to let me know exactly what I needed to do for my old units. I asked many questions to ensure my understanding, and they were very knowledgeable and helpful in addressing my questions of the Carrier and York brand. We were very happy with how it was handled, so I decided to get new units for the furnace and air conditioner for Carrier, and Aire One took care of me the rest of the way!

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Arthur Irving
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Peel"
I called in to Aire One because they have been around in business for about 15+ years. From the get-go, I can see why they are still in business today. Very approachable people that cater to my needs and answered all of my questions…which there were LOTS! They got people right away to install my furnace which was passed its lifeline, and mention to take advantage of rebates which I didn’t see as a bad idea. What I appreciate about Aire One is that they get the job done. No problem at all. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a company to care for their customers. I now have top of the line Carrier Furnace/Air Conditioner!

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Wayne Tomlinson
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling"
Aire One is the premier company to deal with if you are looking for competitive pricing, service, and top of the line brands (Carrier/York). I had no heat during this cold winter season, and I made a call to Aire One and wondered when I can get someone to get the job done as it was late at night. Little did I know, the job was done within less than 6 hours for a high efficiency Carrier unit. I am VERY pleased and glad that I made the call to Aire One which offers 24 hours emergency service + extended warranty for my furnace with Aire One. Aire One is the brand my family will trust and continue doing business with them.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Manny Logstavo
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling"
I am very HAPPY from the very beginning since I called Aire One. The service department was very helpful in answering my questions about rebates. The sales consultant that came to my home was very knowledgeable and flexible in making adjustments to competition pricing. The Installers did a MAGNIFICENT job on installing the furnace with no mess in my home. I can really appreciate when a company REALLY takes care of their customers, and go the extra mile to make it a memorable experience. This is a company that STANDS-OUT from the rest of the competition.