Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2012-01-04 Name: Rob M
Location: Los Gatos, Ca

"Unbelievably poor quality and service"
I'm on my second Carrier furnace in 7 years. Both have had a cracked heat exchange. Both were determined by the Carrier dealer to be a manufacturers defect. Carrier refuses to address the issues, refuses to replace the unit and even refuses to return phone calls (Mike id1608 on the national service number). If you are in the market for a furnace you would be wise to stay away from any Carrier product.

Date created: 2011-12-09 Name: P. S
Location: Olympia, WA

"Infinity NOISY,NOISY, might as well live on the tarmac"
I'm so sick of being awakened by the "turbine" wind noise coming out of my ceiling vents. I've had repair people out 3 times for this one issue. They never fix it, the system was insanely expensive, I get angry every time I pass by my thermostats, don't buy!

Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: Kare9801
Location: Canada, Ontario

"Garbage"
I had a 18 yr old furnace that I replaced with Carrier I have had CONSTANT problems and required service calls all the time. I would wake up in the morning and it would just be off, in the coldest time of winter too! my husband and my children and I spent many nights freezing because the piece of crap always broke down. The 1st yr I had it it all began. My old furnace NEVER did anything near what this one has what a RIP .....stay away from Carrier when you call them they say screw you around and blame issues on something other then the furnace. I have only had this stupid thing for 4 yrs and now I hae to replace it yet again :() I am going with Trane I hear great reviews I just want a warm house...... the coin you spend on these you think that wouldn't be too much to ask for?

Date created: 2011-06-02 Name: B Witte
Location: Chicago IL

"Taking T. Panzella from Akron to a HIGHER Education"
The ratings here are for HVAC units....not for one person's opinion, INCLUDING mine, and how they review a product. Your ratings of Trane, Carrier and York, being the three units, AND in that order - is your opinion and NOTHING more.

Date created: 2011-06-01 Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

"A Furnace That Really Does The Job"
We had our new furnace installed about 6 years ago during a remodel, as our old furnace wasn't powerful enough to heat our new room addition efficiently. We installed a Carrier brand air conditioner and furnace, and have been very happy with the force of air that comes out of the vents now. The house heats up incredibly fast, which means the heater doesn't have to stay on long to do the job, which saves our electric bill. There is nothing I dislike about our furnace, except the temperature gauge is wireless and a little sensitive, depending on where it's sitting in the house. If it's behind a large beam or too far from the furnace to send a signal, the furnace won't kick on, but we've figured out where the best place is to leave the temperature control gauge. We have not needed any repairs so far and I would recommend the Carrier brand to a friend.

Date created: 2011-05-29 Name: Isaac Meyer
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

"Weatheraire 8000"
I have owned a Carrier mid efficiency furnace for at least 10 yrs. The higher noise than single speed older furnaces took time to accustom to but that's minor. The efficiency is good enough, even in cold climate. Get an electrostatic filter(permanent),they're worth the investment. Make sure the installer changes the single pole switch if you are in an older house , put in fresh air handlers and then relax...it's a Carrier. I picked Carrier because of plumbing background and because...it's a Carrier.

Date created: 2011-04-24 Name: S. White
Location: Hinesburg, VT

"Total and complete junk (58 CL105)"
I hate this furnace, the ancient furnace it replaced may have been inefficient, but at least it ran reliably and didn't need major repairs on a yearly basis. This furnace started acting up within a month of its warranty expiration, where a malfunction in the circuit board started a fire, frying the electronics to a crisp and nearly burning my house down! The fire left charring on the stairs, it was a small miracle the whole house wasn't destroyed. Since then, it breaks down almost yearly. Last Nov. I spent $700 to fix it after it was unable to fire the burner. It needed to be reset constantly until it finally failed completely. Here it is less than 5 months later and guess what? It has the exact same failure. Rather than sinking any more money into this lemon, I'm thinking of ripping it out completely. I never want another piece of equipment from Carrier in my home again. Who builds a furnace that only works for about 2 years? For the cost of this furnace, I expected much more than just 7 years, as it was quite expensive.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: taylor, michigan

"Carrier furnaces are top of the line!"
We purchased our Carrier furnace after our old one broke. We are very happy we purchased the carrier furnace. It has a built in humidifier so we don't have to put loud humidifiers all over the house and in the basement now. The filters last a long time and are very easy to use. It was professionally installed and has not broken down since we got it seven months ago. Our gas bill has even significantly diminished. We are saving money on our gas bill and couldn't be happier. When anyone asks us about our furnace we are too happy to tell them what kind we have and where we got it. When anyone complains about their gas bill we tell them about ours and how our furnace helped lower that cost. It even came with a digital thermostat that let me tell you is the best thing ever! The digital thermostat is very easy to program and very easy change if you want to change the temperature setting. It is also very easy to read. Also now when the furnace turns on we don't hear a loud boom but a very soft click you almost can't even hear. The furnace is so quiet that unless your really listening you can't even hear it, talk about a difference as compared to our last furnace that was twenty five years old! We couldn't be happier with our Carrier furnace and would purchase it again in a second.

Date created: 2011-03-24 Name: D. Fischer
Location: Bend,Or.

"Do your home work"
The gentleman who wrote the review from hvacrr school regarding the importance of researching your service and installing company, hit it perfectly. 90% of the time problems are caused by improper install and service diagnostics. Do your homework! I am a seasoned service tech and have installed commercial and residential systems for many years, and many brands and have never receievd as much negative feedback as I see on here. I don't distribute Carrier but work on everything. All brands have their individual problems. As a working manager I inspect every job at its completion. Research for a company with integrity and shop for quality control. As I have been behind so many others only to correct their mistakes....

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: Dale Restu
Location: Littlerock, WA

"Carrier Again"
My original Carrier gas furnace lasted 26 years so I replaced it with another Carrier. No problems.