Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2011-06-02 Name: B Witte
Location: Chicago IL

"Taking T. Panzella from Akron to a HIGHER Education"
The ratings here are for HVAC units....not for one person's opinion, INCLUDING mine, and how they review a product. Your ratings of Trane, Carrier and York, being the three units, AND in that order - is your opinion and NOTHING more.

Date created: 2011-06-01 Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

"A Furnace That Really Does The Job"
We had our new furnace installed about 6 years ago during a remodel, as our old furnace wasn't powerful enough to heat our new room addition efficiently. We installed a Carrier brand air conditioner and furnace, and have been very happy with the force of air that comes out of the vents now. The house heats up incredibly fast, which means the heater doesn't have to stay on long to do the job, which saves our electric bill. There is nothing I dislike about our furnace, except the temperature gauge is wireless and a little sensitive, depending on where it's sitting in the house. If it's behind a large beam or too far from the furnace to send a signal, the furnace won't kick on, but we've figured out where the best place is to leave the temperature control gauge. We have not needed any repairs so far and I would recommend the Carrier brand to a friend.

Date created: 2011-05-29 Name: Isaac Meyer
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

"Weatheraire 8000"
I have owned a Carrier mid efficiency furnace for at least 10 yrs. The higher noise than single speed older furnaces took time to accustom to but that's minor. The efficiency is good enough, even in cold climate. Get an electrostatic filter(permanent),they're worth the investment. Make sure the installer changes the single pole switch if you are in an older house , put in fresh air handlers and then relax...it's a Carrier. I picked Carrier because of plumbing background and because...it's a Carrier.

Date created: 2011-04-24 Name: S. White
Location: Hinesburg, VT

"Total and complete junk (58 CL105)"
I hate this furnace, the ancient furnace it replaced may have been inefficient, but at least it ran reliably and didn't need major repairs on a yearly basis. This furnace started acting up within a month of its warranty expiration, where a malfunction in the circuit board started a fire, frying the electronics to a crisp and nearly burning my house down! The fire left charring on the stairs, it was a small miracle the whole house wasn't destroyed. Since then, it breaks down almost yearly. Last Nov. I spent $700 to fix it after it was unable to fire the burner. It needed to be reset constantly until it finally failed completely. Here it is less than 5 months later and guess what? It has the exact same failure. Rather than sinking any more money into this lemon, I'm thinking of ripping it out completely. I never want another piece of equipment from Carrier in my home again. Who builds a furnace that only works for about 2 years? For the cost of this furnace, I expected much more than just 7 years, as it was quite expensive.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Location: taylor, michigan

"Carrier furnaces are top of the line!"
We purchased our Carrier furnace after our old one broke. We are very happy we purchased the carrier furnace. It has a built in humidifier so we don't have to put loud humidifiers all over the house and in the basement now. The filters last a long time and are very easy to use. It was professionally installed and has not broken down since we got it seven months ago. Our gas bill has even significantly diminished. We are saving money on our gas bill and couldn't be happier. When anyone asks us about our furnace we are too happy to tell them what kind we have and where we got it. When anyone complains about their gas bill we tell them about ours and how our furnace helped lower that cost. It even came with a digital thermostat that let me tell you is the best thing ever! The digital thermostat is very easy to program and very easy change if you want to change the temperature setting. It is also very easy to read. Also now when the furnace turns on we don't hear a loud boom but a very soft click you almost can't even hear. The furnace is so quiet that unless your really listening you can't even hear it, talk about a difference as compared to our last furnace that was twenty five years old! We couldn't be happier with our Carrier furnace and would purchase it again in a second.

Date created: 2011-03-24 Name: D. Fischer
Location: Bend,Or.

"Do your home work"
The gentleman who wrote the review from hvacrr school regarding the importance of researching your service and installing company, hit it perfectly. 90% of the time problems are caused by improper install and service diagnostics. Do your homework! I am a seasoned service tech and have installed commercial and residential systems for many years, and many brands and have never receievd as much negative feedback as I see on here. I don't distribute Carrier but work on everything. All brands have their individual problems. As a working manager I inspect every job at its completion. Research for a company with integrity and shop for quality control. As I have been behind so many others only to correct their mistakes....

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: Dale Restu
Location: Littlerock, WA

"Carrier Again"
My original Carrier gas furnace lasted 26 years so I replaced it with another Carrier. No problems.

Date created: 2011-03-15 Name: Altaf Kagalwalla
Location: Naperville, IL

"Carrier 58HDX"
Replaced my 14 year Carrier with the 95% efficient Carrier furnace, 58HDX last November. It makes way too much noise compared to my old system. The installer (ABC Corp) and Carrier Corp. both are stonewalling about the quality of the product. Carrier marketing material says that sound should be about 55 DB, but it is definitely higher. Have a written a letter to Carrier, installer, and contacted Carrier Corp Communications, VP also. Still waiting for them to diagnose the problem and fix it or give me my money back--both carrier and installer have 100% satisfaction guarantees.

Date created: 2011-03-05 Name: Faro, A.
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Unsatisfied customer"
Installed carrier furnace in 2006 we have nothing but problem , it cost us over $1000.00 bring to the attention of the Carrier supplier in Calgary & U.S. They said that the surge of power caused the damage, but there was no surge of power happened in the city. They refuged to compensate for the control panel. The customer service is not helpful at all. For over a year we deal with them and brought to their attention, but excuse and excuse and excuse.

Date created: 2011-02-20 Name: R> Eller
Location: Pgh., Pa.

"Dependable furnace"
This furnace was installed in 1985 and I had only one problem. In 1996 the furnace wouldn't turn on and the repair tech said the induced draft blower was the problem. He told me it would cost $350 to replace. I told him this was unbelievable since it was a very small fractional HP motor, but he said the squirrel cage blower was the expensive part and only available from Carrier. I asked why the blower couldn't be removed and put on a new motor and he said they get ''frozen'' on and can't be removed. I told him I would do the repair myself. I removed the blower assembly and used an automobile universal type puller to pull the squirrel cage off. The motor could not be turned by hand so I took it apart and lubed the bearings with oil. It ran OK so I put it back in the furnace and the furnace ran fine. To be on the safe side I ordered a replacement motor for about $60.00 which I have never had to use.