Consumer Reviews of Carrier furnaces

Read more about Carrier furnaces

Date created: 2012-12-21 Name: Ron
Location: michigan

"Your problems are usually because of poor installation, not the furnace."
I am a service Tech. and I don't know how many times I've been out on High efficient furnaces that have been incorrectly set up and or installed Incorrectly. Carrier furnaces in my opinion are top tier equipment.

Date created: 2012-12-06 Name: M. Marzec
Location: Michigan

"43 years without a breakdown"
I have a 125,000 btu gas furnace that has been running for 43 years. Not one problem or failure. It will be a tough act to follow for the new furnace.

Date created: 2012-11-14 Name: K Franks
Location: Springfield, VA

"Last 29 years for me"
I bought my house 10 years ago. I've never had a problem with me heat until this year. I have had problems with air conditioning but I think that's separate. It has served me well. It could be repaired, but I think it's about time to replace it. Today I'm having a new Lennox system installed. I hope it lasts just as long.

Date created: 2012-11-09 Name: Jennifer
Location: British Columbia, Canada

"Heat exchange problem"
Our furnace is just 10 years old, and previous to this issue our furnace had been fine. However, now we have had to shut it down due to heat exchange problem and major amounts of carbon monoxide venting outside and trace amounts in the furnace room. We are in the process of dealing with Carrier...so far the person on the phone said they knew what the problem was without me explaining our circumstance. If he can diagnose over the phone there is obviously a big problem with this furnace (90% efficiency model previous to 2007). To me this is an admission of guilt!!!!!!

Date created: 2012-10-18 Name: S spoert
Location: Cary il

"Good for an anchor not staying warm"
Bought the highest most hi tech model 10 years ago. This unit is so sensitive it shuts down constantly. I need a repairman every other month. Last two weeks needed a repairman as many times spent over $400. This summer needed a repairman a few times. Could have bought a new one for the money I've spent in the last two years. This thing had problems from day one. Buy anything but not a carrier.

Date created: 2012-05-23 Name: C. B.
Location: Illinois

"Nothing but trouble"
Had a Carrier 8000ts Weathermaker unit put in 7 years ago. It needed repairs 4 times already. It's becoming a yearly ritual. What a money pit.

Date created: 2012-03-24 Name: Tech/Installer 25+ years
Location: Colorado

"Complain - Complain"
I am reading those post and ... . Most of the issue you will have with your furnace or air conditioner is due to improper installation. You were cheep enough to go with the lowest bid that cut corners and now you pay the price. It would not matter which brand you put in.

Date created: 2012-01-15 Name: Steve spoehr
Location: Cary,il

"Carrier = lemon"
Replaced 30 year old furnace with high end/ efficient carrier. Owned 10 years and have had to have repairman out as many times. Inducer motor issues, oxygen issues, something new each time. BTW: I can't even remember how many time my old unit had to be repaired -- maybe twice in thirty years!

Date created: 2012-01-04 Name: Rob M
Location: Los Gatos, Ca

"Unbelievably poor quality and service"
I'm on my second Carrier furnace in 7 years. Both have had a cracked heat exchange. Both were determined by the Carrier dealer to be a manufacturers defect. Carrier refuses to address the issues, refuses to replace the unit and even refuses to return phone calls (Mike id1608 on the national service number). If you are in the market for a furnace you would be wise to stay away from any Carrier product.

Date created: 2011-12-09 Name: P. S
Location: Olympia, WA

"Infinity NOISY,NOISY, might as well live on the tarmac"
I'm so sick of being awakened by the "turbine" wind noise coming out of my ceiling vents. I've had repair people out 3 times for this one issue. They never fix it, the system was insanely expensive, I get angry every time I pass by my thermostats, don't buy!