Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2012-12-11 Name: Smitty
Location: Winnipeg

"Carrier Infinity"
Piece of junk. Have had the system since house was purchased new (7 years ago). In total have had service down to look at it 5 times. Two years ago motor in the hrv failed, motor just failed again. Bill is $844.00 Only thing worse than the Carrier unit is their customer service. All I got to talk too was too ladies who's only experience in the industry is to provide lip service too people who are dissatisfied with the product. Got a call from Carrier rep saying sorry off of warranty. Bad luck two motors going in under two years. Merry bleeping XMAS to you too Carrier. BUY AT OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!! At least at Sears you can buy extended warranty.

Date created: 2012-12-06 Name: M. Marzec
Location: Michigan

"43 years without a breakdown"
I have a 125,000 btu gas furnace that has been running for 43 years. Not one problem or failure. It will be a tough act to follow for the new furnace.

Date created: 2012-11-14 Name: K Franks
Location: Springfield, VA

"Last 29 years for me"
I bought my house 10 years ago. I've never had a problem with me heat until this year. I have had problems with air conditioning but I think that's separate. It has served me well. It could be repaired, but I think it's about time to replace it. Today I'm having a new Lennox system installed. I hope it lasts just as long.

Date created: 2012-11-09 Name: Jennifer
Location: British Columbia, Canada

"Heat exchange problem"
Our furnace is just 10 years old, and previous to this issue our furnace had been fine. However, now we have had to shut it down due to heat exchange problem and major amounts of carbon monoxide venting outside and trace amounts in the furnace room. We are in the process of dealing with Carrier...so far the person on the phone said they knew what the problem was without me explaining our circumstance. If he can diagnose over the phone there is obviously a big problem with this furnace (90% efficiency model previous to 2007). To me this is an admission of guilt!!!!!!

Date created: 2012-11-06 Name: s demri
Location: maryland

"Carrier Infinity, has fatal flaw, do not buy"
Replaced my 12 year old unit with carrier infinity as suggested by SMO DMO of Maryland. Unit was installed end September, it was warm started ac and unit failed has to call repair, replaced outside unit thermostat which failed in new unit. Cold started and switched to heat, oh my it was shoecker. message unit flashes " malfunction ". Had 5 calls for repair, at least 8 different technicians have come and cannot figure out what the problem is. Still have a brand new carrier infinity malfunction which no one knows whats wrong and how to fix. I made a fatal mistake for buying carrier infinity please do not buy this unit even if selling hvac tries to talk to you into this unit.

Date created: 2012-10-18 Name: S spoert
Location: Cary il

"Good for an anchor not staying warm"
Bought the highest most hi tech model 10 years ago. This unit is so sensitive it shuts down constantly. I need a repairman every other month. Last two weeks needed a repairman as many times spent over $400. This summer needed a repairman a few times. Could have bought a new one for the money I've spent in the last two years. This thing had problems from day one. Buy anything but not a carrier.

Date created: 2012-08-07 Name: S. Stopt
Location: Bellingham, WA

"Furnace ate a bird, but otherwise wonderful"
Company who installed missed the birdblock on the intake and my furnace ate a bird right away and died, however, the installing company replaced the inducer for free and have had no other issues with the furnace whatsoever. Having a staging furnace is awesome!

Date created: 2012-05-23 Name: C. B.
Location: Illinois

"Nothing but trouble"
Had a Carrier 8000ts Weathermaker unit put in 7 years ago. It needed repairs 4 times already. It's becoming a yearly ritual. What a money pit.

Date created: 2012-04-18 Name: Will
Location: Toronto

"Brilliant - No Heat Exchange concerns here"
My Carrier Infinity furnace installed by Sears has been amazing. Quiet, very efficient on electricity (true ecm Variable Motor, not x13 dc which uses twice as much electricity) The alarms when off about the heat exchanger issue, but when I researched more, I found the law suits were thrown out because the failure rate was far less than most other brands, and it seems it was just a greedy litigious American who started it all; someone who used propane in a natural gas furnace (burns hotter)and refused to take responsibility for their actions. Typical "not my fault" law suit. In any Case Carrier as waged the consumer fear by making the Warranty 20 years labor and lifetime parts in the heat exchanger in question. I understand they don't use that style heat exchanger on the 2012 furnaces. Kinda wish I held off for the full modulating Infinity now. 60 stages! Carrier and Sears are companies with reputations to defend, so I will always go back to a company with longevity. And they took our a Hydro Permit for the job. Didn't know I needed one, but the ESA and your home insurance will tell you otherwise. Plus I get lots of perks from Sears. I hear the Infinity series have 12 years parts and labor now. Can I trade up Sears?

Date created: 2012-03-24 Name: Tech/Installer 25+ years
Location: Colorado

"Complain - Complain"
I am reading those post and ... . Most of the issue you will have with your furnace or air conditioner is due to improper installation. You were cheep enough to go with the lowest bid that cut corners and now you pay the price. It would not matter which brand you put in.