Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2013-01-24 Name: B.Hanasyk
Location: Edmonton,AB

"Monoxide"
So apparently Carrier had a ruling against them in 2007/2008 due to the use of inferior products that resulted air exchanger issues. Well I guess it does not work like a car recall as Carrier never bothered to notify us about the furnace we purchased in 2001 and fortunately our monitor went off or we could have died. It was so bad that we were told to leave the house until it could be repaired. I think it is pretty irresponsible even of a company not to notify customers when the consequences are so serious.

Date created: 2013-01-09 Name: Francis Becigneul
Location: Jeddo, Michigan

"This 2007 installed furnace is over rated"
Not only is this 2007 installed furnace over rated as far as output is concerned it is also near impossible to get parts for. I have been waiting 6 day in January in Michigan for a burner, which includes the ignitor unit. We have been without heat from this furnace which means we have been without hot domestic water as well. I will move into a cave before I rely on another Carier product.

Date created: 2012-12-28 Name: L. Hartfiel
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"RIPOFF - JUNK!"
We purchased a Carrier Weathermaker gas furnace in 2000 and have regretted it ever since. The furnace is a two-stage, high efficiency, variable blower model that constantly shuts off in the winter. We have to manually turn the switch on and off to get it to work. We live in the north so our winter temperatures can get down to -40. We have to make multiple service calls each winter. Calls to Carrier were a joke - they blamed the installation, the thermostat, and eventually said that they "make a great product" but didn't know what the problem was. The problem was faulty manufacturing that resulted in a general lawsuit from owners. Unfortunately, the payout was a pittance and nowhere near what is necessary to replace the unit. I wouldn't buy another Carrier if it was the only manufacturer out there! Save your money and get something else! Carrier doesn't stand behind its product!!!

Date created: 2012-12-28 Name: Carlos
Location: Apex, NC

"Terrible company, product and service!!!!"
Carrier is unethical. They "guarantee" their products for 5 years. Coincidentally, their stuff break one or two months after it expires. Now I have to pay $1,000 dollars to change the board. My guarantee expired last November and it breaks now. I guess this is how this company makes its money.

Date created: 2012-12-25 Name: mkinde
Location: Greendale, WI

"8-yr old furnace dies on Christmas"
Wow. Here I was trying to save money for the family during the holidays and I wake up Christmas morning to a Carrier furnace still under warranty that has stopped working. Now my options involve spending $400 on labor and hoping this beast survives a few more months or spending $3k on a new furnace. Nice job Carrier ... your products suck.

Date created: 2012-12-21 Name: Ron
Location: michigan

"Your problems are usually because of poor installation, not the furnace."
I am a service Tech. and I don't know how many times I've been out on High efficient furnaces that have been incorrectly set up and or installed Incorrectly. Carrier furnaces in my opinion are top tier equipment.

Date created: 2012-12-06 Name: M. Marzec
Location: Michigan

"43 years without a breakdown"
I have a 125,000 btu gas furnace that has been running for 43 years. Not one problem or failure. It will be a tough act to follow for the new furnace.

Date created: 2012-11-14 Name: K Franks
Location: Springfield, VA

"Last 29 years for me"
I bought my house 10 years ago. I've never had a problem with me heat until this year. I have had problems with air conditioning but I think that's separate. It has served me well. It could be repaired, but I think it's about time to replace it. Today I'm having a new Lennox system installed. I hope it lasts just as long.

Date created: 2012-11-09 Name: Jennifer
Location: British Columbia, Canada

"Heat exchange problem"
Our furnace is just 10 years old, and previous to this issue our furnace had been fine. However, now we have had to shut it down due to heat exchange problem and major amounts of carbon monoxide venting outside and trace amounts in the furnace room. We are in the process of dealing with Carrier...so far the person on the phone said they knew what the problem was without me explaining our circumstance. If he can diagnose over the phone there is obviously a big problem with this furnace (90% efficiency model previous to 2007). To me this is an admission of guilt!!!!!!

Date created: 2012-10-18 Name: S spoert
Location: Cary il

"Good for an anchor not staying warm"
Bought the highest most hi tech model 10 years ago. This unit is so sensitive it shuts down constantly. I need a repairman every other month. Last two weeks needed a repairman as many times spent over $400. This summer needed a repairman a few times. Could have bought a new one for the money I've spent in the last two years. This thing had problems from day one. Buy anything but not a carrier.