Consumer Reviews of Carrier furnaces

Read more about Carrier furnaces

Date created: 2015-02-17 Name: Darcy
Location: Barrie, ON

"Builder grade."
Well, this furnace made it just over 10 years. This is the third time is has broken down but even when it was running it did not heat my house that well. Turns out this will be the last time it breaks down as the heat exchanger has cracked, rendering it useless. After the breakdown and a little research, it turns out there was a class action lawsuit regarding the heat exchangers in these units. It was settled and Carrier found responsible but, of course, the deadline to file has passed. You would think a responsible company would issue some kind of warning, along with some type of credit towards a new Carrier, in order to possibly retain a customer. Due to this blatant "screwing" of their customers with no regard for their personal safety due to possible carbon monoxide leaks, never mind the obvious reasons for using cheaper materials/manufacturing methods, I personally will never buy another Carrier product. I realize that it is only a low end model, but a furnace in this day and age should have a lifespan of more than 10 years.

Date created: 2014-12-17 Name: Pissed off consumer

"To anyone who's thinking of buying a Carrier, don't."
Having to replace anything after less than five years is crazy. What happened to quality workmanship? If we don't buy these horrible units, they will have to shape up or ship out. They use plastic parts and still charge the big money and call their products quality. What the hell is going on! We are turning into a throw-away society, but they want to charge the big money and not make it last. We all have had the wool pulled over our eyes and companies like this are laughing at us while they count all the profits made off us. Let's put our foot down and show these big companies we govern whether they make or not.

Date created: 2014-11-25 Name: J. Johnston
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"Poor quality"
Moved into our new house 5 years ago and 'inherited' a Carrier furnace. The furnace is what is referred to as 'builder's grade', read cheap. At any rate, it looks like this 5-year-old furnace will need to be replaced in the near future. It seems that there is a problem with the venting motor. It will cost $1000 to replace and there is no guarantee that something else will not break. A new furnace costs roughly $3,000 to $4,000. Needless to say, I am less than impressed.

Date created: 2014-11-21 Name: Chris Smith
Location: Clifton, NJ

"Carrier/Bryant furnace is junk"
Spent three thousand dollars on a brand new furnace and it stopped working after using it a couple of times. The computer board failed twice and had to be replaced. The dealers did not have them in stock, so I had to wait for one to be shipped from Carrier. I went without heat and had to live in the cold for a week. Do not buy Carrier Bryant/Payne furnaces.

Date created: 2014-05-04 Name: jtully
Location: Princeton NJ

"Excellent performance"
1997 weathermaker 8000 - 1 minor repair in 17 years!

Date created: 2014-01-11 Name: T. Pirnat

"Fan Failure"
Hvac contractor installed June 27, 12. Fan motor in furnace failed Dec. 16, 2013. Replacement was covered but cost $200 for service, shipping, warranty management from contractor. Also, at original installation, they replaced the 5 year old Carrier outside heat pump that was failing as well. I have lost all confidence in Carrier products. My next HVAC purchase will not be Carrier.

Date created: 2013-11-28 Name: Liz Jones
Location: Belleville, Ontario, Canada

"So Disappointed"
We put a Carrier furnace in our home 11 years ago. It was touted as the best furnace available. So, we sucked it up and paid over $6,000 for it. We just had the motor replaced, $1200 with tax. After only 11 years and since talking about it have heard nothing positive about this brand. We will never buy a Carrier furnace again.

Date created: 2013-10-09 Name: Keith Jacober
Location: Centennial, CO

"Carrier WeatherMaker Furnace 8000 is Twelve Years Old"
Carrier WeatherMaker furnace 8000 is twelve years old. Induction motor, hot surface ignitor, and flame sensor have been replaced. Latest issue is something of a mystery. Furnace fires up normally for several minutes then shuts down. Furnace guy believes the problem to be either the gas valve or more likely, the computer board. He called local (Denver) tech but found him to be less than helpful. We called Carrier headquarters without any useful help, just a runaround to another tech center which shunted us into computer limbo. Led flashes code 34, a catch-all of numerous possibilities except an answer to the problem. Winter is impending here in Denver. My solution is a new furnace other than a Carrier or any of its sister brands. Good going guys.

Date created: 2013-02-16 Name: M. McManus
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

"Mike M."
Purchased in 1997 had two repairs done in this time last one on Feb.13, 2013 .starter coil price installed$300 .I live in a 11000 sq.ft. house,I found it a little noisy throughout the house more in some places than others.This was a two stage model number 58tua00 high low fired unit, whatever that means.Not to shabby for 15 years and still ticking.

Date created: 2013-02-13 Name: K H

" What is title?"
I built a brand new home in 2005 with a Carrier model mca100-1-20 furnace installed. I now have been told that I have to replace the primary heat exchanger, the secondary heat exchanger ( both partially covered by Carrier because they determined that this model is defective)and now, surprise,surprise,add on a cracked inducer motor wheel for a total cost to me $1,200!!!(What next?) I was told that I could replace this one with all new parts but then would have the same problems again in the future,because the parts have the same problem. I should not be having to replace a furnace after such a short period of time number one. I could get a different model new Carrier with a minimal amount off from the heating company that installed it, but why should I pay again when the product I had installed new should have lasted for a reasonable amount of time? Carrier, you stink. By the way, there is no rating low enough for this product. I am going to another brand and another local company to replace this piece of junk.You both lost a customer, and anyone I can tell about it.