Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2015-12-17 Name: S. Chu
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Carrier does not last to expectation"
I have had the unit for only 7 years and the secondary heat exchanger perforated and I have to replace the entire furnace.

Date created: 2015-11-04 Name: A JAUERNIGG
Location: Cedar, MN

"Reliable/dependable"
Installed furnace in 1991 and aside from my own lack of service and maintenance (change filters, blow out and oil inducer motor, clean out drain reservoir, never even seen or touched the flame sensor) it performed flawlessly. Finally, after 24 years, it is time to replace it. Just getting old and corrosion set in and in my opinion living in Minnesota where it gets pretty cold for extended periods of time it is not worth dealing with any issues that may arise at the most in opportune time with a unit of this age. Bummer to replace a unit that still works and quite possibly would for some time. A furnace is a machine just like anything else and sometimes you get a good one, sometimes a bad one, just like anything else. Those of you with less than somewhat satisfied ratings may possibly take a good look at the qualifications of the people diagnosing and servicing the systems. Any brand will have issues. Rest well SX 60. Yes I will replace my unit with a Carrier-built unit.

Date created: 2015-09-28 Location: Coffeyville, KS

"review of home furnace"
My furnace was in my house when I bought the house, so I didn't purchase it myself. I have lived here for ten years and haven't had any major problems. I like that the most. I have had to have it serviced once and it was my fault for not caring for it properly. I wasn't changing out the filters, as far as I can remember. It was fairly soon after I moved in. I don't know if it's as efficient as the last one I had, because the house is larger and has more windows so it seems like it works a little harder. The filters are a little harder to change because of where it's located and I have to special order them as I live in a small town. Or I can get two filters to replace the one, but that is even more difficult to do. I would definitely recommend this brand to anyone who was looking for a new furnace.

Date created: 2015-06-23 Location: Detroit, MI

"I own a 1 year old furnace, we just had it installed last spring."
Furnace works great! It keeps my energy bills down and is smaller than my previous furnace, so it also saves room. I'd definitely recommend this furnace to a friend.

Date created: 2015-04-08 Name: P. Crowley

"Don't buy a Carrier"
I bought a Carrier Infinity 58MVC furnace in the winter of 2015 and it failed. It turned out that the secondary heat exchanger failed. I couldn't get a Carrier dealer to look at it so I had another HVAC dealer look at it and he determined the heat exchanger had to be replaced. We tried to get Carrier to help us but the local dealer was swamped and it would be several days before he could even look at it. I live in far northern Wisconsin and a week of severe sub-zero weather was due to hit within 24 hours. Since the best I could hope from Carrier was several days in the future I opted to replace the furnace with a different brand rather than risk freezing my water pipes which would almost certainly have happened. The dealer removed the heart exchanger and photographed the damage, which was severe. Also, the air intake pipe was burned through in 3 different places, one of which was outside the exterior of the furnace. There was no doubt in my mind that I was extremely lucky I didn't have a fire in my furnace room and I think there was a good chance that carbon monoxide was entering the building. I didn't have a carbon monoxide detector (I do now) so I can't be certain, however the tech said his equipment noted carbon monoxide in the furnace room. I made a claim to Carrier for the amount they would have had to pay if they had repaired the furnace, and even though I documented everything exactly, and they agreed that the heat exchanger was defective, and that I couldn't wait for a Carrier dealer to respond, they denied the claim because I put in a different furnace. I think they sold me a bad product and should have at least paid me the few dollars I asked for to help resolve the issue. I would never deal with Carrier again in any capacity.

Date created: 2015-02-27 Name: Sheryl j
Location: Tampa, FL

"Sick and tired"
We built a "green" house 2 years ago. This Carrier furnace and a/c came highly recommended from a home show representative. It is the absolute worst system! We have had nothing but problems! And every time something is wrong the serviceman cannot figure out the problem so they are at my house day after day, each tech saying something different. Problems have been the expansion valve restricting cooling, wires were loose, low on Freon, replaced the inverter, and the circuit board. We literally have someone here working on this thing every other month! We have spent $3,000 on it in 2 years. And it's only 2 years old!

Date created: 2015-02-17 Name: Darcy
Location: Barrie, ON

"Builder grade."
Well, this furnace made it just over 10 years. This is the third time is has broken down but even when it was running it did not heat my house that well. Turns out this will be the last time it breaks down as the heat exchanger has cracked, rendering it useless. After the breakdown and a little research, it turns out there was a class action lawsuit regarding the heat exchangers in these units. It was settled and Carrier found responsible but, of course, the deadline to file has passed. You would think a responsible company would issue some kind of warning, along with some type of credit towards a new Carrier, in order to possibly retain a customer. Due to this blatant "screwing" of their customers with no regard for their personal safety due to possible carbon monoxide leaks, never mind the obvious reasons for using cheaper materials/manufacturing methods, I personally will never buy another Carrier product. I realize that it is only a low end model, but a furnace in this day and age should have a lifespan of more than 10 years.

Date created: 2014-12-17 Name: Pissed off consumer

"To anyone who's thinking of buying a Carrier, don't."
Having to replace anything after less than five years is crazy. What happened to quality workmanship? If we don't buy these horrible units, they will have to shape up or ship out. They use plastic parts and still charge the big money and call their products quality. What the hell is going on! We are turning into a throw-away society, but they want to charge the big money and not make it last. We all have had the wool pulled over our eyes and companies like this are laughing at us while they count all the profits made off us. Let's put our foot down and show these big companies we govern whether they make or not.

Date created: 2014-11-25 Name: J. Johnston
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"Poor quality"
Moved into our new house 5 years ago and 'inherited' a Carrier furnace. The furnace is what is referred to as 'builder's grade', read cheap. At any rate, it looks like this 5-year-old furnace will need to be replaced in the near future. It seems that there is a problem with the venting motor. It will cost $1000 to replace and there is no guarantee that something else will not break. A new furnace costs roughly $3,000 to $4,000. Needless to say, I am less than impressed.

Date created: 2014-11-21 Name: Chris Smith
Location: Clifton, NJ

"Carrier/Bryant furnace is junk"
Spent three thousand dollars on a brand new furnace and it stopped working after using it a couple of times. The computer board failed twice and had to be replaced. The dealers did not have them in stock, so I had to wait for one to be shipped from Carrier. I went without heat and had to live in the cold for a week. Do not buy Carrier Bryant/Payne furnaces.