Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2009-11-08 Name: R. Frank

"Carrier ICS and A/C"
I have had this furnace for 1 year now. This is the top of the line so you would expect performance. Although there were issues with the installer the furnace performs as stated and without any concerns.The 15 seer a/c is ok. The fan runs at one speed when the air is on. Seems the set up was wrong. The coil froze up. Again installation concerns. I highly recommend this equipment,but, always be careful of the installer. We eventually worked everything out...

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: Kevin Amonte

"Carrier Furnace and Air Conditioner"
I bought a Carrier furnace 2 years ago and found it to be very quiet and powerful. This year we found out, there is a recall on the Heat Exchanger. Nobody ever contacted us about it and our dealer is out of business. I called Carrier and they basically told me not to worry about it as I am not having problems. After doing some digging I found out that there is a class action lawsuit against Carrier for using plastic to coat inferior metal components to save money and people have been ripped off. Furnace is running good I just can't get an answer one way or another from Carrier.

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: Carl Sturm, Sturm heating

"Carrier 90+ furnaces"
I am a Carrier dearler and installed a 58ssb in my own house. Have had no problems with it. I read many of the problems people have had. Firat the parts, all part in Carrier had a 5 year warranty, it is now 10 years. The prices paid by many of the people were way too much. I have noticed that when problems come it is for three reasons. 1 the furnace is too big for the house some dealers don't know how to size units. 2 the furnaces are installed wron and the return air is too small. this causes the shut down when the air filter gets dirty. 3 people buy the 1 inch filters that are too thick, buy the 89 cent blue filters. The other ones do not let the air though and causes the furnace to overheat and the saftey controls lock the furnace out. Get a good dealer.

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: Mike

"I love carrier"
Ok,i had a Carrier 3.5 ton packaged unit with natural gas heat,in 2005 right before I moved,the heat exchangers cracked,35 years as I can remember,it was a Good old unit. it has long ben replaced with a Goodman unit.

Date created: 2009-06-26 Name: Brandt

"Carrier"
We have had our new home for 10 years and have had to have service to our Carrier furnace 4 times. We have had to have the switch replaced twice and last winter our furnace stopped working and some line froze up and the furnace had water in it. Last night I was woke up to a very loud screech and turned off our air because I did not want to cause any more damage to our furnace. Waiting for the service man to see how much this will cost us. I can not believe that we have had some much trouble with a furnace that is only 10 years old!

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: D. Neilson

"Carrier furnaces"
I have owned 2 different Carrier Furnaces in 2 different homes. The first was a Weathermaker that was in my first home and the 5 years that I owned it, it was trouble free. The next house now has an Infinity that soo far is trouble free. I liked the first one soo much, I bought Carrier again. If you are considering a new furnace and are reading these reviews, please keep in mind that most people dont go out of their way to leave a review unless they are unhappy and need an avenue to spout off. I just came across this as I was reviewing a Goodman furnace that my friend is having installed or otherwise I wouldn't have left this review. Also funaces need to be sized correctly and installed correctly in order to perform and be trouble free.

Date created: 2009-05-07 Name: R. Jones

"R. Jones"
My Carrier WeatherMaker gas furnace model 58sx (90+% efficient) was installed in 1994. The mother board was immediately replaced but the unit continued having ignition problems. The installer then replaced the ignitor and said that a cracked heat shield had caused the problem (cost of $350 to fix). The following year the ignitor had to be replaced again. Several years later the entire heat exchanger had to be replaced (cost over $500). Several years ago I received a notice that a class action law suit had been filed against Carrier for faulty heat exchanges (I enrolled in the law suit and recovered approx $200). I replaced the unit with an Amana that has run flawlessly since its installation.

Date created: 2009-03-01 Name: Donna Ott
Location: Memphis, Nebraska

"Thought carrier was top of the line! what a joke!"
73 year old women has carrier 58sxa 1990 cracked exchanger in 1 degree weather noheat.

Date created: 2009-02-21 Name: R.Eiler
Location: Orwigsburg, PA

"Weathermaker Infinity Exchanger Gone Bad"
When I built my new home I tried to do everything right with top recommended products.Bought the Weathermaker Infinity "top of the line" because of the revolutionary heat exchanger with the 40 year warranty. The Weathermaker Infinity Furnace is nothing but a dissapointment. Numerous service calls over nine (9) past years regarding heat interruption usually in mid-winter. This year,(2009) stopped working February 15th, 9 deg.outside. Heat exchanger is cracked and full of holes. Carrier will furnish part at $85.00 cost to Carrier. I pay the labor $900-$1200 big ones. Never again Carrier!! I should be paying the $85.00 and you guys the $1200. Good-by Carrier. Consumers beware of the bogus hype and really read the fine print on the warranty.

Date created: 2009-02-10 Name: Sue
Location: MI

"Repairing after a few years already"
Bought the Carrier 9300 Weathermaker five years ago. Started having noisy blower motor problems last year. No help from Carrier nor the installer unless I paid $125. Recently the furnace kept shutting down in minus zero weather. Had to call the installer who insisted motor needed replacing for $520 and should have lasted longer than five years however the installer nor Carrier would do anything so if I wanted heat, I had to pay out $520. Next time a furnace is needed, it won't be a Carrier brand.