Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: Tom Muggeo
Location: CT

"Carrier Reliability"
I am an Engineer for a mechanical contractor in ct. I felt compelled to comment on some of the reviews I have read here. In most of the reviews, if you read between the lines, poor workmanship and installation practices cause a lot of problems with all brands of equipment today. Noisey systems (ductwork), Ignition problems (gas pressure and venting), frozen condensate lines (draining outside in cold climates), circuit boards (faulty wiring installations) are typical issues in the trade today. The contractor you chose is most important followed by the equipment. If the price is your first concern, you will probably be writing a bad review here also!

Date created: 2009-12-08 Name: Bdolven

"Carrier not honoring its own class action settlement"
We've had the same experience with this Carrier class action suit. Carrier confirmed in an email that our furnace bought in 1989 qualified for a settlement that Carrier entered into based on its faulty heat exchangers. Meanwhile, our furnace has stopped working in 32 degree weather, due to the heat exchanger malfunctioning in the cold, and we've had no heat now for a week. Carrier will not get back to us and we cannot get in writing what the terms of the settlement really are. On the phone, Carrier has told us we would qualify under the settlement for about $1800 towards a purchase of a new Carrier furnace - but, orally, they say only if it's a Carrier, not any other brand. An email from them just says "purchase of a new unit" but does not specify that it must be a Carrier. They seem unwilling to give us terms of the settlement in writing. They also appear to be deceptive and seem not to be complying with the terms of the settlement, especially as they won't provide it to us in writing. The long and short of it is, our secondary heat exchanger has also malfunctioned. We are supposed to be covered by this settlement, and they simply are not honoring the terms of the class action settlement that they entered into, from my experience. If anyone knows how to make them comply with their own settlement, please email us at bdolven@yahoo.com.

Date created: 2009-12-05 Name: J. McVay

"Jamie"
Vibrating fan:On installation the fan was replaced. This did not change the situation. The reason for the vibration may be in the mounting. Must call installer. Will ask for resolution of this design problem; I believe the fan itself is sound.

Date created: 2009-11-12 Name: Mark Flash

"16 months- 3 motors replaced plus 1 additional service call"
I had both a Carrier furnace and air conditioner installed in my house just about 16 months ago. In that time, I have had 2 motors replaced (on my third) and had one other repair. Though the parts are covered under warranty, the labor is not. I spent a considerable amount of money to put, what I thought, was a quality product in my house. I wonder if there is a lemon law for furnaces. I emailed them thru their website, but have not been contacted by them as of yet. So much for guarantees and customer service. I am wondering what legal recourse I have in the event that they dont address this issue.

Date created: 2009-11-08 Name: R. Frank

"Carrier ICS and A/C"
I have had this furnace for 1 year now. This is the top of the line so you would expect performance. Although there were issues with the installer the furnace performs as stated and without any concerns.The 15 seer a/c is ok. The fan runs at one speed when the air is on. Seems the set up was wrong. The coil froze up. Again installation concerns. I highly recommend this equipment,but, always be careful of the installer. We eventually worked everything out...

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: Kevin Amonte

"Carrier Furnace and Air Conditioner"
I bought a Carrier furnace 2 years ago and found it to be very quiet and powerful. This year we found out, there is a recall on the Heat Exchanger. Nobody ever contacted us about it and our dealer is out of business. I called Carrier and they basically told me not to worry about it as I am not having problems. After doing some digging I found out that there is a class action lawsuit against Carrier for using plastic to coat inferior metal components to save money and people have been ripped off. Furnace is running good I just can't get an answer one way or another from Carrier.

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: Carl Sturm, Sturm heating

"Carrier 90+ furnaces"
I am a Carrier dearler and installed a 58ssb in my own house. Have had no problems with it. I read many of the problems people have had. Firat the parts, all part in Carrier had a 5 year warranty, it is now 10 years. The prices paid by many of the people were way too much. I have noticed that when problems come it is for three reasons. 1 the furnace is too big for the house some dealers don't know how to size units. 2 the furnaces are installed wron and the return air is too small. this causes the shut down when the air filter gets dirty. 3 people buy the 1 inch filters that are too thick, buy the 89 cent blue filters. The other ones do not let the air though and causes the furnace to overheat and the saftey controls lock the furnace out. Get a good dealer.

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: Mike

"I love carrier"
Ok,i had a Carrier 3.5 ton packaged unit with natural gas heat,in 2005 right before I moved,the heat exchangers cracked,35 years as I can remember,it was a Good old unit. it has long ben replaced with a Goodman unit.

Date created: 2009-06-26 Name: Brandt

"Carrier"
We have had our new home for 10 years and have had to have service to our Carrier furnace 4 times. We have had to have the switch replaced twice and last winter our furnace stopped working and some line froze up and the furnace had water in it. Last night I was woke up to a very loud screech and turned off our air because I did not want to cause any more damage to our furnace. Waiting for the service man to see how much this will cost us. I can not believe that we have had some much trouble with a furnace that is only 10 years old!

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: D. Neilson

"Carrier furnaces"
I have owned 2 different Carrier Furnaces in 2 different homes. The first was a Weathermaker that was in my first home and the 5 years that I owned it, it was trouble free. The next house now has an Infinity that soo far is trouble free. I liked the first one soo much, I bought Carrier again. If you are considering a new furnace and are reading these reviews, please keep in mind that most people dont go out of their way to leave a review unless they are unhappy and need an avenue to spout off. I just came across this as I was reviewing a Goodman furnace that my friend is having installed or otherwise I wouldn't have left this review. Also funaces need to be sized correctly and installed correctly in order to perform and be trouble free.