Consumer Reviews of Carrier furnaces

Read more about Carrier furnaces

Date created: 2018-08-14 Name: Nancy MORGAN
Location: Washington

"Draft motor assembly failure"
We purchased and installed the Carrier furnace Infinity ics in April 2010. We had expectations that it would outlast our previous furnace unit (it was 17 years old when we replaced it). We we trying to get out in front of a future failure. We purchased Carrier because of its high quality reputation. Today, 8/14/2018, we were informed that the draft motor assembly must be replaced, which will cost about $1,000 (including installation). Upon calling Carrier, they indicated that our parts warranty expired after 5 years, so they have no recourse, and will not mitigate the failure in any way. While the rep on the front line was very empathetic, the next person I talked to, Stephanie, a senior customer service rep, was very adept at, "you are on your own," attitude. I am very disappointed in the lack of concern about the quality of the product and the reputation of Carrier. We probably would not purchase product again. For all of those out there who will shrug and say "mechanical products break". My response is yes, but for a product touted as high quality, (and I might add expensive), it should last longer than 8 years.

Date created: 2018-06-15 Name: Phyl Larm
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Furnaces are a lemon!! Don't buy from Carrier-No Service!!"
Worst service and I had 2 furnaces installed in 2011.Then blower motor quit on dec.2016. Thankfully serviceman was kind enough to put it thru warranty. Then December 2017 Furnace 2, blower motor & motherboard replaced. Carrier won't honor warranty, stated I had not registered with them. When Sears installed the furnaces in 2011, they stated they would register. I also had a small rebate from Sears,thus furnaces should have been registered. I paid $800. to have it fixed because it was winter. Then in June furnace #1 heat infuser quit. Would cost over $1000.00 My plumber is going to install an American Standard furnace for $3500.00. He said all he does if fix Carrier & Lennox but has not had problems with American Standard. I would seriously consider a class action lawsuit against Carrier!!
Date created: 2018-05-17 Name: larry brazeal
Location: Tulsa, OK

"1000000 btu uplflow, 58gs series"
This Carrier upflow gas fired 100,000 btu furnace was installed in 1983. 35 years ago as of this date. I have replaced, as follows: 1 thermal couple, 1 limit switch, 1 burner, 1 blower fan motor. Less than $200. I think it has performed great.
Date created: 2018-02-05 Name: B. Dybala
Location: Peotone, IL

"Disappointed in quality"
Two furnaces in my house, both Carrier. First one was five years old when replaced, second one was seven years old when replaced. Very disappointed in product quality. The replacement furnaces will not be a Carrier product. I would not recommend Carrier on any level.
Date created: 2018-01-26 Name: Brick Sturner
Location: Pennsylvania

"Want to die from CO gas? Then buy Carrier"
Want to risk dying from Carbon Monoxide poisoning? If you do not, then stay away from Carrier. Our Carrier heat exchanger failed and it turns out this is a very common thing FOR CARRIER, so common that there was a class action suit that saw Carrier doubling the warranty from 20-40 years, but unfortunately NOT issuing a recall, putting Carrier customers like me in the worst possible risk: death. Murphy's Law: the KNOWN DEFECTS of our Carrier unit caused it to die during the coldest week of the year. A professional came out and informed us of the following: - The safe max level of CO is 70 PPM - The max that should ever be measured in the exhaust port is 3,000 PPM - Ours was at 11,000 PPM. If that had backed into the central ventilation unit, even our CO detector would not have gotten us or our pets out safely, as exposure to that concentration immediately causes death. The unit had to be shut down and I had to take time off from work and buy space heaters to keep the pipes and us from freezing. Our electric bill obviously skyrocketed and where the unit has been replaced with a new one, what was Carrier's response? "Yeah, and, what do you want us to do? There's no recall so we're not responsible." Wait. Carrier's known faulty equipment was subject to a class action suit… Carrier's known faulty equipment spewed out fatal amounts of carbon monoxide from which we could have died… Carrier's known faulty equipment has cost me an additional $1,000… And Carrier doesn't care about Carrier's known faulty equipment and its impact to customers? Want to risk dying from Carbon Monoxide poisoning? If you do not, then stay away from Carrier.
Date created: 2017-11-24 Name: R. Neihardt
Location: Portage, MI

"59TP6 Intermittent circuit board failure"
New and have had 3 call back to get furnace started. Appears to have a board lockup that can sometimes be reset. Trying to get installer to install new board or gas valve. Unit new in February, just getting into heating now in November. Unit less than a year old.
Date created: 2017-11-13 Name: John Paulik
Location: Arlington Heights, IL

"Carrier 59tp6"
The noise level is terrible. What a racket. Carrier claims that the unit is very quiet. It gives our family headaches. When Carrier was contacted (our local installer was no help), they would not deal with our concerns. A terrible company with a terrible product.
Date created: 2017-11-06 Name: Extremely Fustrated
Location: Canada

"DONT BUY THIS MODEL 58MVC"
Bought this furnace 6 years ago, thought it would at least last me at least 10 years before repairs, oh how wrong I was. Last year before the 5 year parts warranty expired the blower fan motor went. Had that repaired and serviceman stated they were having issues with this part. Fortunately for me it went just before the parts warranty expired. Now not even on the 6th anniversary of the install, it keeps cutting out on me. Serviceman came and said heat exchanger is no good. Also stated that they have been having numerous issues with this models heat exchanger. In addition, the replacement heat exchangers have been having issues and needing replacement after one year. And oh guess what, I am advised that you only get it replaced one time. So now it's pay $1100 for labour to replace heat exchanger or buy new furnace. You would think Carrier would stand behind a piece of junk like this and replace it for free, especially with all the complaints and parts replacements. Probably crossing fingers their waiting for warranties run out.
Date created: 2017-03-24 Name: David clements
Location: Northport, AL

"Will not honor warranty"
Their 10 year warranty is only valid if you register it. No one will tell you this when you purchase their product. Plus, it just pays parts, all the labor you are responsible for. I have had a unit for 3 years and my bill is already $1,475.00
Date created: 2017-03-11 Name: Tim Israels.
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

"Poor quality control"
This unit is installed in January 2009 since then it has gone through a motor modulate ($900) and now a secondary heat exchanger ($700) poor quality control in my humble opinion. Do I put new unit in or continue to poor $ into this one? Carrier has us over a barrel. This model # is 58mvc100-f-1---20