Consumer Reviews of Carrier furnaces

Read more about Carrier furnaces

Date created: 2017-11-24 Name: R. Neihardt
Location: Portage, MI

"59TP6 Intermittent circuit board failure"
New and have had 3 call back to get furnace started. Appears to have a board lockup that can sometimes be reset. Trying to get installer to install new board or gas valve. Unit new in February, just getting into heating now in November. Unit less than a year old.

Date created: 2017-11-13 Name: John Paulik
Location: Arlington Heights, IL

"Carrier 59tp6"
The noise level is terrible. What a racket. Carrier claims that the unit is very quiet. It gives our family headaches. When Carrier was contacted (our local installer was no help), they would not deal with our concerns. A terrible company with a terrible product.

Date created: 2017-11-06 Name: Extremely Fustrated
Location: Canada

"DONT BUY THIS MODEL 58MVC"
Bought this furnace 6 years ago, thought it would at least last me at least 10 years before repairs, oh how wrong I was. Last year before the 5 year parts warranty expired the blower fan motor went. Had that repaired and serviceman stated they were having issues with this part. Fortunately for me it went just before the parts warranty expired. Now not even on the 6th anniversary of the install, it keeps cutting out on me. Serviceman came and said heat exchanger is no good. Also stated that they have been having numerous issues with this models heat exchanger. In addition, the replacement heat exchangers have been having issues and needing replacement after one year. And oh guess what, I am advised that you only get it replaced one time. So now it's pay $1100 for labour to replace heat exchanger or buy new furnace. You would think Carrier would stand behind a piece of junk like this and replace it for free, especially with all the complaints and parts replacements. Probably crossing fingers their waiting for warranties run out.

Date created: 2017-03-24 Name: David clements
Location: Northport, AL

"Will not honor warranty"
Their 10 year warranty is only valid if you register it. No one will tell you this when you purchase their product. Plus, it just pays parts, all the labor you are responsible for. I have had a unit for 3 years and my bill is already $1,475.00

Date created: 2017-03-11 Name: Tim Israels.
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

"Poor quality control"
This unit is installed in January 2009 since then it has gone through a motor modulate ($900) and now a secondary heat exchanger ($700) poor quality control in my humble opinion. Do I put new unit in or continue to poor $ into this one? Carrier has us over a barrel. This model # is 58mvc100-f-1---20

Date created: 2017-01-11 Name: Jenny
Location: Kelowna, BC

"Horrible Customer Service"
It's been 18 days since this happened but I'm still ticked off enough to write a review. On December 23, we had to call a repair man to come in because our heat wasn't working. He said he needed to order a part from Carrier to fix it. Now, I understand that everybody wants to spend the holidays with their families, but this was Friday the 23rd. They had closed at noon and were charging an extra $100 for "overtime pay" so on top of our repair bill was an extra $100 because this lazy company was closed at noon. I mean come on, everybody works on the 23rd. To make it even worse, we called around 12:30, so we just missed them. They had barely started their holiday, it wouldn't have been a huge inconvenience for them to get us a part. Anyways, that experience just put a sour taste in my mouth. You better believe the next furnace we have will not be a Carrier brand.

Date created: 2016-12-25 Name: Martin N.
Location: Toronto, ON

"Very noisy, totally unacceptable"
I wish I had checked a few furnace review sites before purchasing a new Carrier furnace. I had to replace my 25-year old Carrier 58sxa furnace, which served me well all those years, until just recently. I went to a reliable dealer, Husky Heating and Air-Conditioning in the greater Toronto area. They installed a new Carrier, Performance series, model number 59tp6a. The installation went well, the installer, George, did an excellent job. Within hours I have noticed how much louder this new furnace is compared to the old one. With fan set to Auto, the fan does not come on until the thermostat gives it a command to get things going, so to speak. The fan goes through three different levels of speed, each one being louder than the level before. At its highest speed, the fan and burners are so loud, it's like being at an airport. The noise is simply too loud. When the furnace shuts down, the house becomes eerily quiet. I called Husky about the noise, they sent George over. He checked everything out and apparently it all works as designed. I do not doubt George, he knows his job. I blame Carrier for making such a noisy monster. To be fair, the furnace works well. I just wish it weren't so noisy. Every time it comes on, it wakes me up. What I have to do now is turn the set-back down so low, that the furnace does not come on at all at night, not until the morning. I am using a second duvet on my bed to keep me warm. After I have discovered this problem with noise, I went on Carrier website, product page, to write my review of the furnace. There are about 20 reviews altogether, all glowing about this particular furnace. I wrote a negative review - do you think it made its way into the review pages? Certainly not. They don't like any negativity. Next summer I am planning on installing a new air-conditioner. I know one thing for sure - it won't be a Carrier product.

Date created: 2016-12-06 Name: Mr. D
Location: USA

"Really Bad News From The Start"
I purchased a brand new Carrier Furnace and AC system about 5 years ago to replace a 50 year old Climatrol unit that never caused any problems at all. The first year the ac never cooled the house. After a year and repeated service visits they found a leak in the outside cooling unit and had to replace it entirely. Two years later the electric air pump motor for the furnace went bad and they had to replace an $850 unitized component to fix it. Now they are back pulling the entire guts out of the furnace to replace another unitized component because the secondary burners went bad. I'm told this unit is well over $1,000. If the P-trap is not drained at least every 6 to 12 months the entire blower assembly fills up with water which I'm told can back up into some of the electrical switches. If this isn't the poorest designed, poorest manufactured furnace/AC unit, I don't know what would be.

Date created: 2016-10-26 Name: Brian Dover
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Exceeds my expectations"
Love the fact that it is so quiet compared to the single stage it replaces. The heat is more even throughout the house. The savings in gas and electricity are real and an added benefit. Would absolutely buy again. My contractor was Francis Fuels, who did an exemplary install.

Date created: 2016-06-21 Name: H Pellegrin
Location: Arlington, TN

"System failed at 8-year mark"
We have 3 Carrier furnaces in a home we built 8 years ago. Specifically instructed the builder to use Carrier to support the local company. We regret that decision. We've had problems with all 3. The worst problem occurred at the 8-year mark in the listed model. The blower motor went bad, which in turn destroyed the master board. >$3,000 replacement costs. Not under warranty, no assistance or consideration from Carrier. Last time I will ever use a Carrier product.