Consumer Reviews of CARRIER furnaces

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2017-03-24 Name: David clements
Location: Northport, AL

"Will not honor warranty"
Their 10 year warranty is only valid if you register it. No one will tell you this when you purchase their product. Plus, it just pays parts, all the labor you are responsible for. I have had a unit for 3 years and my bill is already $1,475.00

Date created: 2017-03-11 Name: Tim Israels.
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

"Poor quality control"
This unit is installed in January 2009 since then it has gone through a motor modulate ($900) and now a secondary heat exchanger ($700) poor quality control in my humble opinion. Do I put new unit in or continue to poor $ into this one? Carrier has us over a barrel. This model # is 58mvc100-f-1---20

Date created: 2017-01-11 Name: Jenny
Location: Kelowna, BC

"Horrible Customer Service"
It's been 18 days since this happened but I'm still ticked off enough to write a review. On December 23, we had to call a repair man to come in because our heat wasn't working. He said he needed to order a part from Carrier to fix it. Now, I understand that everybody wants to spend the holidays with their families, but this was Friday the 23rd. They had closed at noon and were charging an extra $100 for "overtime pay" so on top of our repair bill was an extra $100 because this lazy company was closed at noon. I mean come on, everybody works on the 23rd. To make it even worse, we called around 12:30, so we just missed them. They had barely started their holiday, it wouldn't have been a huge inconvenience for them to get us a part. Anyways, that experience just put a sour taste in my mouth. You better believe the next furnace we have will not be a Carrier brand.

Date created: 2016-12-25 Name: Martin N.
Location: Toronto, ON

"Very noisy, totally unacceptable"
I wish I had checked a few furnace review sites before purchasing a new Carrier furnace. I had to replace my 25-year old Carrier 58sxa furnace, which served me well all those years, until just recently. I went to a reliable dealer, Husky Heating and Air-Conditioning in the greater Toronto area. They installed a new Carrier, Performance series, model number 59tp6a. The installation went well, the installer, George, did an excellent job. Within hours I have noticed how much louder this new furnace is compared to the old one. With fan set to Auto, the fan does not come on until the thermostat gives it a command to get things going, so to speak. The fan goes through three different levels of speed, each one being louder than the level before. At its highest speed, the fan and burners are so loud, it's like being at an airport. The noise is simply too loud. When the furnace shuts down, the house becomes eerily quiet. I called Husky about the noise, they sent George over. He checked everything out and apparently it all works as designed. I do not doubt George, he knows his job. I blame Carrier for making such a noisy monster. To be fair, the furnace works well. I just wish it weren't so noisy. Every time it comes on, it wakes me up. What I have to do now is turn the set-back down so low, that the furnace does not come on at all at night, not until the morning. I am using a second duvet on my bed to keep me warm. After I have discovered this problem with noise, I went on Carrier website, product page, to write my review of the furnace. There are about 20 reviews altogether, all glowing about this particular furnace. I wrote a negative review - do you think it made its way into the review pages? Certainly not. They don't like any negativity. Next summer I am planning on installing a new air-conditioner. I know one thing for sure - it won't be a Carrier product.

Date created: 2016-12-06 Name: Mr. D
Location: USA

"Really Bad News From The Start"
I purchased a brand new Carrier Furnace and AC system about 5 years ago to replace a 50 year old Climatrol unit that never caused any problems at all. The first year the ac never cooled the house. After a year and repeated service visits they found a leak in the outside cooling unit and had to replace it entirely. Two years later the electric air pump motor for the furnace went bad and they had to replace an $850 unitized component to fix it. Now they are back pulling the entire guts out of the furnace to replace another unitized component because the secondary burners went bad. I'm told this unit is well over $1,000. If the P-trap is not drained at least every 6 to 12 months the entire blower assembly fills up with water which I'm told can back up into some of the electrical switches. If this isn't the poorest designed, poorest manufactured furnace/AC unit, I don't know what would be.

Date created: 2016-10-26 Name: Brian Dover
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Exceeds my expectations"
Love the fact that it is so quiet compared to the single stage it replaces. The heat is more even throughout the house. The savings in gas and electricity are real and an added benefit. Would absolutely buy again. My contractor was Francis Fuels, who did an exemplary install.

Date created: 2016-06-21 Name: H Pellegrin
Location: Arlington, TN

"System failed at 8-year mark"
We have 3 Carrier furnaces in a home we built 8 years ago. Specifically instructed the builder to use Carrier to support the local company. We regret that decision. We've had problems with all 3. The worst problem occurred at the 8-year mark in the listed model. The blower motor went bad, which in turn destroyed the master board. >$3,000 replacement costs. Not under warranty, no assistance or consideration from Carrier. Last time I will ever use a Carrier product.

Date created: 2016-02-24 Name: Steve Sarkis
Location: Silver Spring, MD

"Super hot exhaust"
I purchased this unit in 2010 .Ever since, the exhaust temperature (in the flue) at 12 inches above unit, was too high. A Carrier repair dealer came three times, took all kinds of measurements (amps,volts, temps ,pressures etc). The exhaust temperature in the flue was 370 degrees(the double wall flue was too hot to the touch). The tech replaced the draft inducer, still too hot. Today, after another visit,the tech said this is normal. Is it really? I called Carrier to confirm. Believe it or not, Carrier did not have a service rep to confirm and did not have a spec sheet available. The Carrier rep sent me back to the original dealer. I bought Carrier thinking that is the top brand. It is not. And follow up service and assistance is below any level. Don't ever buy it.

Date created: 2016-02-22 Name: H. Chow
Location: Markham, Ontario, Canada

"Not reliable furnace"
Furnace less than 2 years old and problems already surfaced. Lots of problems in the third year, including pressure switch malfunctioning and the motor flooding with water. Couldn't stand severe cold weather in Toronto. Service team slow to respond. Be aware furnace may stop working in severe cold weather and would cause you lots of money and time to fix. They don't have a good reputation.

Date created: 2016-01-21 Name: B. Halliday
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Dead after 5.5 years"
Installed in May 2010. Serviced regularly. On Dec 22, 2015 it passed a service check. On January 17, 2015 the furnace quit. CO monitors in house went off. Diagnosed as a failed secondary heat exchanger. Carrier offered a secondary heat exchanger at no cost but $1000 labour to install. The replacement heat exchanger would not be warranted. They tried to sell me another new Carrier furnace. I note that there have been class action lawsuits in British Columbia on and some US states that have resulted in Carrier paying the $1000 labour. Not so in Alberta. The installer said that there is rampant failure of the secondary heat exchanger in Carrier furnaces at around the 5 year mark. They are busy with calls. There has been one fire. When our furnace failed the exterior of the unit burned my fingers when I touched it. Buyer beware of Carrier! I replaced he Carrier with a Goodman that has a warranty that includes total unit replacement.