Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM furnaces

Read more about BURNHAM furnaces

Date created: 2009-03-03 Name: Derec
Location: State College, PA

"25 years"
We've owned a Burnham for 4 years of the 24 years that it has been in the basement. wow what a furnace- not one problem and its 7* outside right now. What another brand furnace?

Date created: 2009-02-21 Name: All Fired Up!

"Have you heard this before?"
Today, our eleven year old furnace, decided to split its core open -- it's cracked! And as with other reviews I have read, the local oil company informed me that Burnham will not honor any warranty that was not issued to the original owner -- we purchased our home in 1998. Several major repairs since, inefficient operations, and now a cracked boiler. Junk! Plain and simple. DO NOT buy a Burnham.

Date created: 2009-01-20 Name: Gary
Location: MA

"Gary"
Burnham has a defective product. I have had to replace a chamber due to cracking and now less than 5 years later the entire burner needs to be replaced. Burnhams response....tough luck sucker. They would not warranty their product at all. I would never advise anyone to install a Burnham product. I have heard from several contractors that Burnham is notorius for leaking.

Date created: 2009-01-16 Name: J. Miller
Location: Seattle, WA

"Burnham gas furnace"
This furnace was installed new in 1993 and I've never had one year since without some expensive repairs having to be made to it. As far as I'm concerned it's a piece of junk, but I can't afford to replace it, living on Social Security and my pension as I do. Burnham should be put out of business, this product is an absolute disgrace.

Date created: 2008-12-30 Name: J. Patti
Location: Long Island, NY

"Burnham Burner is a piece of junk"
Purchased this house a year ago. Owner had previously installed the burner 9 years ago. The burner cracked and rotted completely through. The company would not honor the warranty due to the fact that I wasn't the original purchaser. Not only would they not honor the warranty the staff was completely rude. When explaining to the women how I had three small children in the house and no heat she had the audacity to say "Well life is sometimes not fair." Suffice it to say the next step was her supervisor and not her. Do not waste your money on this garbage.

Date created: 2008-12-03 Name: H.Caron
Location: Manchester, NH

"It's ruing my life!"
I have owned my house for 3 years. It already had this Burnham furnace. It has had everything go worng with it. We didn't even get to take a honeymoon because of our shitty furnace. I will never buy a Burnham furnace ever!

Date created: 2008-12-01 Name: A. Steck
Location: Framingham, MA

"Burnham: piece of crap"
Replaced 50 y.o. steam boiler with a Burnham 11 years ago and now it's cracked and isn't covered until warranty (10 yrs). I wouldn't buy another one of these.

Date created: 2008-10-12 Name: Jo Schmidbaur
Location: Saugerties, NY

"Terrible product, don't buy!!!"
After months of research, I finally decided to replace my 60-year-old oil furnace and install a Burnham oil furnace for roughly $18,000. Yes, a lot of money! But Burnham claimed to me that my old furnace was costing me a lot in oil, and a new furnace would "save" me because it was more efficient. Wrong. During the entire process, Burnham reps misled me into buying an oversized furnace, and one that proved to be even more inefficient than my 50-year-old one! Last year it cost me a fortune to heat my home. No, do not buy this product! Now I am stuck with this oil-guzzler.

Date created: 2008-09-10 Name: Anti-Burnham

"Burnham is junk!"
Like many of the other reviews on Burnham, I am the second owner of my house and my furnace has cracked!! And itís the second one since this house was built in 1996!!! I was told the run around story about not being the original home owner crap. My neighbor was the one who replaced the first one, he works for an HVAC company and says we are going to put in a Buderus!!

Date created: 2008-05-05 Name: Yogi29035
Location: Wakefield, MA

I'm a homeowner and I'm about to have my current boiler replaced, but there has been a Burnham-Holiday unit down in the basement for 31 years. In the 13 years I have owned the house, it has only started making trouble within the last year. The boiler was originally installed in 1977. I'm getting another one.