Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM furnaces

Read more about BURNHAM furnaces

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Jim

"Burnham"
We installed an oil fired burnham steam boiler in our place of business and have reduced our oil consumption by about 15% in each of the prior 2 winters. The system works well no problems today!

Date created: 2009-11-23 Name: JW
Location: New England

"Burnham"
Our current defunct Burnham system replaced a fairly new Burnham system with a crack. We received a new Burnham system but paid the labor which was a few thousand dollars. This replacement system just burnt out after 8 years. We understand it can take up to 2 weeks for Burnham to review the record and decide what we would get from them - we have no heat or hot water in New England at Thanksgiving. No more Burnhams and I'll be sure to pass the word.

Date created: 2009-11-09 Name: John Leaky Burnham

"Another Leaking Burham Furnace"
I was informed by my oil service man that my Burnham Furnace needs replacement due to a leak that cannot be repaired. Burnham informs me that since I am the second owner (furnace is 10 years old), it is no longer is warranty. Since when does who owns the house have to do with a warranty except for Burnham playing the odds that most people move before their crappy products go out of warranty? What a disgraceful company! The only thing that needs to go out is them doing business in this country.

Date created: 2009-09-27 Name: Robyn

"Burnham V73 boiler"
I remodelled an older home in 1993 and a friend and I installed a brand new Burnham boiler. At the time it was considered to be the best boiler on the market easily lasting 25 to 30 years; that is the main reason I bought the Burnham. Sixteen years later, half way through the life expectency of the boiler, it developed a leak. The part that really makes me disappointed with Burnham is that they are not honoring their warranty!! It is understandable for anyone to develop a problem during a manufacturing process (highly skilled workers retire and new ones take over) but it not understandable for the company to abandon their client base. The information I am getting from surfing the web about Burnham is that the part they send for replacement has about the same probability to leak as the original part. My new boiler will not be a burnham.

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: djs

"Total Disgust"
This has to be the worst furnace I have ever owned. I have nothing but trouble with it. Today as we speak, the furnace is broke. I have it cleaned regularly, and it does not help. It keeps getting gummed up and needs cleaning. Twice the furnace will not fire to heat the hot water. (Today is the second time.) I called a different heating agent to fix it, thinking he might be better at it, told him my trouble, and he knew exactly what kind of furnace I have. That's when I knew I was in trouble. I would never buy a burnham furnace again.

Date created: 2009-07-17 Name: Margaret F Personette

"Honeywell Control Unit defective."
I was sold on changing from oil to gas with your furnace. Had oil system for 30 years with no problems. In the 3 years I've had your system, I have been without heat and/or hot water THREE TIMES. It has cost me hundreds of dollars to have the plumber adjust the wiring to the Honeywell Control unit. Today the plumber REPLACED the Honeywell Control Unit and this will again cost me a LOT of money! What is the rebate on such defective merchandise?

Date created: 2009-06-18 Name: Tony Lito

"Unfair Trade Practices"
Furnace fails due to cracking at the 9 year mark of a 10 year warranty. It is 5 deg out and you need to get heat back quick - there is not clear communication - you assume the warranty is in effect. After you spend $4000 they offer you a $500 'credit'. When you call Burnham they say talk to your installer. Installer says to talk to dealer dealer says talk to Burnham. They then claim it was installed improperly - even though no one from Burnham has seen it.

Date created: 2009-05-07 Name: Mari

"Cracked Burnham v 73 boiler"
I am the original owner of this piece of junk whose block cracked after 11.5 years. Can someone please post if they know of a class action lawsuit against Burnham?

Date created: 2009-04-13 Name: BURNHAM

"Burnham Hydronics Revolution"
This is a gas unit and it failed. The installer/ plumber, had an electrician bypass a component on its pc board. This sounds like poor quality built in and a poor solution. The power blower or ventilator was noisy from the beginning and now it is so bad that we have to have it replaced. More poor quality built into the furnace.

Date created: 2009-03-24 Name: BURNHAM

"Dont buy a Burnham"
I bought a two year old house with a Burnham furnace. Every year it would breakdown despite annual service. This year it sprung a leak, flooded by basement, and died after a total of 8 years of operation. It has a "great" 25 year warranty if you are the original owner, otherwise you are a sol. The company offered a $700 rebate on an upgrade to a new furnace. But after my experience with a Burnham furnace, I would rather spend full price and buy a reliable furnace from another company. Stay away from this company!